Why are panther body's so sexy, Veeky Forums?

Why are panther body's so sexy, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-mercury-grand-marquis-ls/6487262641.html
youtu.be/oCjiNBiEUaQ?t=61
youtu.be/R-35sZIbtEo?t=33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're not.

This.

it's a special autism taste but I understand you on this one, OP

you better delete this

>body on frame
>rwd
>v8
>bench seats
>cheap

I don’t know why either but they’re one of the sexiest cars out there.

I want one, even though it would be better to just buy a mustang instead.

You have hella shit taste.

The enginr in it doesn’t deserve the honor of being called a V8.

Makes less power than a Honda Accord V6 and gets fucking rolled on by a fwd Pontiac bonneville w/ a NorthStar V8

>using the word hella
>while criticizing someones taste

He could have said you have hekka bombaklat tiggersanigger big titty bad taste and you would still have bad taste

>NATO shit

The bad taste continues.

do I do it lads?
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-mercury-grand-marquis-ls/6487262641.html

are you guys niggers or what

It's funny because that's usually who buys these pieces of shit. There's nothing sexy about this fat ass bland shitbox.

Because you suffer from having sub-standard taste

Get a 2003, it has a lot of improvements to the suspension without being stripped down for fleets like the later years.

Also maybe consider comiting to a Town car.

they are THIC

can you not associate the last true american sedan with fat niggers please

>last true American sedan
>what is Cadillac CTS-V
>what is Dodge Charger R/T, SRT8, hellcat

Fuck out of here with calling those piece of shit boats “the last true American Sedans”. The real American sedans of old made shit loads of power and could roast most imports in a straight line. The panther body cars couldn’t even keep up with Honda Civics.

Absolute disgrace to the country

This Master Piece is Driven by Queen Latifah.

youtu.be/oCjiNBiEUaQ?t=61

so this is what an old black dyke with money drives

>no bench seats
>unibody

LTD Platform was better.

More torque, though. That's where engines like the 4.6 shine- they don't need to go fast, they just need to be able to haul a bunch of shit and get in their power band early on so you don't have to mash the gas to merge into traffic.

>Northstar
lol

Cause you’re either a cop or 110 years old

>tfw trying to find parts to DIY the headlight relay harness upgrade and male 9007 connectors are fucking impossible to find by themselves

Do it faget, 98-02 are the best looking Marquis years. Get rid of those Simpsons flootmats though, what the actual fuck.

>Car has been in the family since my father purchased it when he lived in Florida. He brought it to NY about 2003 and owned it till 2012 when we brought it from NY to NH. No major issues, but things do wear out over time. I had the still original steering linkages replaced last fall (idlers, sway bar, and drive box) because it wasn't steering properly. I currently have 3 Mercury Marquis LS's that we are driving. Just bought a new car (4th) so getting rid of oldest one.

>Fan dial is inside of the main heater control unit. Flaps for floor/defrost/etc still work, but I bypassed blower fan with a wire to turn fan on max.

yeah those matts are ugly, a switch has been bypassed too, which is a bit troublesome but I haven't seen a decent one in a while, most are beat.

Depending on laziness you might want to just leave the switch- Panthers are one of those cars where if you intend to do anything HVAC related, plan on removing the entire dash.

More concerned about if there could be other electrical issues, I don't really care much for stuff I can't fix with a hammer.

you posted literally the worst version of the Panther body though, and specifically the WORST version of the grand Marquis

>>what is Cadillac CTS-V
a nu-car with nucar design. It's a fine car in it's own right, and probably one of the BETTER examples of decent modern car design, but it's NOT a classic American Sedan of the kind we had between the 50's and the 90's

>what is Dodge Charger R/T, SRT8, hellcat
musclecars. Not Sedans.

>The real American sedans of old made shit loads of power
t. idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about
the American sedans of old made shit power. you know why? because theyw ere never designed for power. They had gigantic wasteful engines that were usually tuned for comfort and ride quality rather than performance. A Crown Vic has the same engine as a Mustang, just tuned differently.

>The panther body cars couldn’t even keep up with Honda Civics.
>a big heavy boat of a car designed primarily for comfort and shipping people and luggage around is slower than a small hatchback designed only to get you from point A to B that is half it's size and weight, and gradually became a "sportier" hothatch

wow did you come to that conclusion all by yourself? that's impressive you must be really smart!

Just bought this fucker Friday

Welcome to the club. They're seriously fantastic boats all things considered.

I got mine in November and I would be happy maintaining it for the rest of my life.

2006 with 130k, no rust, new tires, and clean interior/exterior. Previous owner was a mechanic and threw in a set of Nokian Haka snow tires for free. $2500. Did I do good?

Thanks. Old car was an 07 Element.
Does anyone sell "Panther Club" jackets?

>dat woodgrain

Why do some panther owners try to hide the fact that they wish they were cops?

What separates the Lincoln version from these, air suspension and leather?

The Lincoln has unique bodywork and interior over the same basic mechanicals.
The town car was also the only panther with GPS and heated seats.
Also air suspension was available on the CV and MGM.

Larping as a Pakistani cab driver in pre 9/11 NYC > Larping as a cop

I'd say so. Really nice color too.

They're long and sleek, kind of like the cock you want in your ass

The only decent one is a Marauder.

Look, they're not good looking. They're not crisp and angular, they're not curvy, they're just a bit ungainly and chubby. And as is typical for Detroit they're not all that well made close-up either.

>"Panther Club" jackets?
let's not be too autistic now, user

sounds like you're projecting

The only "people" hating the panther body are Niggers, because that's their weekly Taxi to Prison after a dindu nuffin.

So how black are you, Obongo black of 5 minutes past midnight black?

It's nig tier they aren't production. Niggers can't have production cars. Shitpost the SHO or Caprice next time.

Lol when you spend a retarded amount of money on a movie car and have to put "from a move" so people will notice.I dont know why these kind of people don't just kill themselves way more attention for way less money..

Only people who like Panthers are niggers because they're cheaper than good classic GM cars and you can still fit 26" wheels.

Because it's the closest thing to a land barge.

Too bad they don't offer god tier drum brakes.

>god tier drum brakes.

I laughed

>because that's their weekly Taxi to Prison after a dindu nuffin.
Or my weekly taxi in and out of the club.

It's "that car in the movies".

They left the light bar on? Cool

ez felony

I'm a firefighter and that's my own lightbar

Super fun car though

The LTD is a panther platform boyo

my friend has one and keeps buying them...

they are awesome. They cruise like a boat and handle like dream. Look sexy af

Panther club is best club

Coded that wrong, i’m actually retarded

>no disc player and manual HVAC
Is that a GS with the dealer-added vinyl roof, then? Also that goddamn badge on the passenger side, I've had to tell like three different people that no, PrecisionTrac doesn't mean diddly other than it has traction control, if it had a limited slip I wouldn't be doing peg-leg burnouts in my goddamn driveway every time it snows.

Not sure if the world's shittiest taste or if everyone is a Crown Vic salesman.

For that matter I'm not even sure if it actually has to do with T/C or if it's just a badge they stuck there for shits and giggs, I never remember to check when I'm at the pick-n-pull.

At least you know we're not Ford shills.

Areo Panthers need some love too :(

>tfw no aero Marquis with that cheesy offset Mercury badge at the front

You're right precisiontrac literally means it has TC.
But the top was part of the "Park Lane" package which added that, the woodgrains/aluminum trim, some badging, and chrome around the wheelwells and skirt.

I personally listen to cassettes more than cds so the head unit is perfect for me. Auto climate control, CD player, and digital dash are separate options.

P A N T H E R G O D L Y

Huh, alright. I see those wheelwell chrome bits on Marquis regularly but could never figure out a pattern, including on cars without the vinyl roof- my own LS has just about every interior option available so it's got the aluminum and woodgrain trim, digidash and HVAC, etc., but not a damn thing on the outside other than the thicker-style plastic guards on the door sides- no extra badging other than LS, no lacy wheels, nothing.

Every time I think I'm getting good at remembering Panther stuff FoMoCo throws me a curveball with an odd extra packages or one-year-only equipment changes.

>7.5 seconds to 60 mph
>$50k dollars
>decent

Why

my fetish is that cheesy "MERCURY" inset on the older GrandMerc front bumper

Posted here and found this thread in the catolog:
Anyone have any tips? I'm pretty much doing the whole front end.

Yeah it gets pretty confusing. It'd be really cool if someone had a year to year guide.

Check crownvic.net?

False. The Panther Platform came about towards the end of the 70s. Fords, Mercurys, and Lincolns prior to 1978 were all built upon a different architecture.

The first two gens are. Third gen LTDs were panthers.

>4 model years
Weak

>Using the MSRP to bash a 15 year old car

>trying to argue facts

Funfact:

There was a special trim on the 5's Ford Fairline called Crown Victoria. So called because it the stainless steel band going across the B-pillar section of the roof looked like a "crown" on the roof. And it, in turn, was an interpretation of a "victoria" style carriage.

In 1980, Ford brought back the Crown Victoria trim for the Ford LTD as a trim option.

in 1983, the Ford LTD was downsized into a midsized car, and the LTD Crown Victoria became it's own model, until 1991, when it was redesigned as the "Ford Crown Victoria" and the original Crown Vic was born, although it no longer had the crown victoria band across the roof, and the title became name only.

Similarly, the reason the Grand Marquis is named such is as a leftover from an earlier car. Similarly to the LTD, in 83, the Mercury Marquis was downsized onto the Fox platform as a midsized car, and the original large Marquis was renamed "Grand" Marquis.

Then there's the Town car. Apparently there was some sort of limousine style named that. It was a trim level and sub model on several Continentals and in 1981 became it's own car, representing the large car segment while the Continental became a midsized car.

the more you know

Take the front sway bar off so you have more room to work. Also maybe replace your swaybar end links while you're there, they're cheap enough.

The Maruder was also an option pack on an older Mercury IIRC.

Town Car is a literal English translation of Sedan de Ville.

Cadillac was formed from the remnants of the Henry Ford Company.

Go figure

This is a disgrace to the original French film and I usually hate frog eaters.
This track is a masterpiece. youtu.be/R-35sZIbtEo?t=33

There's not a single Pontiac that uses a Northstar. (Olds did in the Auroura)

You're probably thinking of the Grand prix GXP using the Ls4 5.3l.
Pretty, quick but plagued by torque steer and transmission issues.

Because we're poor.

whatever happened to Dusty Old Cars?

Can confirm, an poor and for $1500 you're not going to find much more comfortable cars that you can also fearlessly beat the tar out of.

fpbp