Paying customers are supporting Tesla through its production struggle -- they’ve put down more than $850 million in...

>Paying customers are supporting Tesla through its production struggle -- they’ve put down more than $850 million in deposits for vehicles including the Semi truck and Roadster sports car Musk showed off in November.
>“If we can send a Roadster to the asteroid belt, we can probably solve Model 3 production,” Musk said on a conference call with analysts Wednesday, shortly after tweeting another photo of his Roadster hurtling through space.

Is Musk the most talented con artist in the 21st century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17xh_VRrnMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You mean sending a convertible sportscar into space with a dummy in a racing helmet was just a gimmick to distract people from the gigantic ponzi scheme of vaporware that this massive corporation run by an eccentric hairplugged millionaire has been pushing?

>eccentric hairplugged millionaire has been pushing?

He's a billionaire you faggot. Get it right.

What is it with these fucking Silicon Valley tech/green companies and their ability to attract the most gullible dupes on the planet? Apple, Tesla, Whole Foods, Google, on and on and on. Their customers are like cult members.

Yup. So many people are going to lose money when the model 3 goes under and I honestly have no pity for them.

you mean the whole "send ppl to the moon" got scraped at the last second and now literally NO timetable of ever actually sending someone ot the moon is on the books

also the same asteroid field and radiation belt that we "apparently" sent 10+ manned missions thru back in the 60s suddenly now this rocket is going to have trouble getting thru it

oh also, the whole idea of sending the car to mars....yeah sorry guys but we miscalculated and now thats off entirely

someone has to carry on the spirit of Alfred P. Sloan and Harley Earl

note it took five years to get that rocket working
wonder what the lag is for production on cars
people have no faith so are easy to lead astray
technology is getting more convoluted as the general public gets more stupid
also being in a profligate age on the precipice of collapse helps too

The Tesla on Falcon Heavy was just a payload test. There was nowhere near the mathematical effort put into the Roadster's orbit trajectory than actual satellites loaded with millions of dollars worth of the best scientific instruments mankind had to offer.

How else do you get the capital to start a car company other than selling bullshit pre-orders

The company has been around since 2003, has had a government bailout, and every car they make comes with a $7500 discount paid for by taxpayers. And they still can't make a profit! There comes a time when you have to admit this is ridiculous.

Nobody's talking about the electric rocket they used to get the roadster to space

Oh Wait....

>con artist
>ponzi scheme
>vaporware
please stop overusing these terms, you'll make them meaningless
there's a big difference between "having a hard, torturous time scaling up from a small scale to big scale manufacturer" and "literally scamming people"

at this point it's just behind schedule, nothing more

They just had their worst financial quarter ever. And let's face it, they've been behind on everyone production run they've attempted thus far. It's not just investors that are fed up with Tesla's shenanigans.

the rocket wasn't electric

>at this point it's just behind schedule, nothing more

Except being behind schedule in a business that employs thousands of people and has massive debt that needs to be paid down means you would be in default already if people weren't handing you interest free money for the promise of a product you can't produce in the quantity you promised. Sooner rather than later people will stop buying into the promise, then the whole house falls down.

Unless he manages to use the funds to turn his business profitable before that.
Which is possible, so no, not a ponzi scheme.

Never said it was, merely pointing out the absurdity of dismissing the companies problems as just being "a little behind schedule".

Again, they just had their worst financial quarter to date.

Not good news for a car company, or any company that just released a $35,000 product.

You're telling me.
My stock got fucking crushed today.

You missing one valid point. Tesla actually paid back the loans they got and didn't need a massive government intervention to save all its brands only for them to produce more shitty cars like before. Rockets are finicky and spacex is literally running past nasa

Also people believe in what he does and eventually it will all run smoothly. That itself is worth more than loans. When was the last time you believed in something user?

Spacex is not Tesla and saying "but but bailout" is exactly why we are so critical of Tesla. Nobody wants to go through that shit again and Tesla does not move the economy nationaly like the big three did. Get off Musk's dick and start looking at this as a business and you will see it is very, very poorly run and that will eventually spell it's doom no matter how great you think musk is. Tesla was a genius too and every business he attempted failed because of his poor management, it's like pottery.

Tesla paid it back already.

Also you sound like some obese GM executive . SHAME ON YOU.

This. Very much this. Fucking kike indoctrination that's what.

What is it with these fucking contratard idiots who hate technological advancement?

I personally think its because someone who has been doing it for less has made advancements that make what we consider tech look like stone tablets .Compare nasa to space x. Great we went to the moon and did a bunch of other shit and spacex comes in and makes milestones early on.

Shame is a weak appeal to a person's vanity and desire to be accepted by a group. I have no respect for the juvenile group trying to shame me. If you believe Tesla is a good company your an idiot. If you believe any kind of tech advancement is going to save the world by making us mine huge amounts of copper, gold, and rare earth metals in order to change the power consumption of small time personal transportation from a portable power plant to a slightly more economical stationary one, One that will require huge investment in time and again mineral resources to build up, than your a dangerously delusional moron, the kind that probably also believed in clean diesel. There is no magic tech that can turn the world back, just a massive decrease in consumption that won't happen because Africa and Asia won't stop until they reached the levels of consumer comfort and wealth that Europe and the US have.

And even if we don't save the planet it will get along fine with out us, life will incubate and move on in just about any condition our planet can end up in.

Leftism is such a great marketing tool because its thoroughly supported by the media and politicians.

Look at Disney, only 10 years ago they made wholesome family entertainment that was considered conservative so they constantly got painted as the prime example of a greedy, insincere mega-corp.

Now they make black superhero flicks and an entire generation rushes to praise and defend them on twitter and buy their products.

And it works with EVERYTHING, just put some fair trade sticker on your products, preferably hire women, invite some journalists to check out your gender-neutral bathrooms and have your CEO talk about how much you love mass-immigration. The millennials will eat it up.

what technological advancement exactly?

having to get new investors to pay for running cost is what defines a ponzi scheme.

a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

close but try again

no its exactly that, the return are the first couple of cars.

so all the current Model S and X cars and the couple thousand of Model 3 are the first couple of cars...?

Not as they stand, but compared to the overwhelming majority of orders yet unfulfilled due to production and cost issues, yeah they are the first couple cars.
He's bitten off a huge bite and rushed into the game, but who knows where it will go.

are you talking about just the Model 3 or are you talking total sales?

They make good products that people like.

I love Tesla and Elon Musk.

because of all the soyboys conflating horrible dystopian uses for ancient technology with advancement

>new is better!
>it's the current year!

If advancement means losing all control over a hobby I love then yes, fuck you and your advancement.

pandering to redditors is free money

That was my point, lad

fuck off, phoneposting redditman

>any of those companies producing anything remotely """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""good"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" of a product

Name one good thing from each

So when will Tesla close production?

Hopefully soon so I can laugh at all those retarded Teslets who spent an fortune on a shitty money pit baww their eyes out.

why would he ever close production ? gm has filed in bankruptcy and they're still around

Well Satan, let's see if Tesla would get a gov bailout once they go bankrupt. GM got lucky.

wha, you use bing or something?

You guys really think Tesla will close?
Meme magic is real, remember that

Show me the technology that's being advanced.

The Model 3 legit looks nice, if bland. Infinitely nicer than the Bolt in any case.

I can’t, this is a blue board

>chevy bolt
can buy one now from a proven manufacturer
>model 3
available in 2020 maybe if you order now manufacturer is unproven and has issues with the cars they make now

I know which one id buy

>not duckduckgo and yandex
sort yourself out m8

show me the company with the fully electric car thats comparable to the s

tesla is not scamming. its just hard to claw your way up through the giant piles of old money in an already established market. they are doing every single thing they can to slow him down. of course, this happens everywhere not just to tesla in the vehicle market.

you guys know a lot about cars, but not much about anything else.

and lol at you idiots that think tesla or elon are going anywhere. not sure if youre just hopefully dumb or just regularly dumb, but either way, youre pretty... dumb.

Yeah, the choice is pretty easy. Besides, 2 years isn’t that long when you consider the alternative is driving a shittty Chevy.

>you guys know alot about cars
>but not much about anything else
We've got ourselves a redditor here

You didnt answer his question, you just posted a bunch of effete reddit snark.

>show me the company with the fully electric car thats comparable to the s
Many actual manufacturers have electric saloon cars in the works, and they will all undoubtedly be better than Teslas, which are comically bad.

>soyboy would rather pay an extra $7.5k for muh badge because hes an easily misled badgewhore
You dont give a shit about the environment or EV cars. You're just another redditard Musk fanboy.

Chevy would have done much better to put their mass-market EV under some sexier skin and call it a Buick to justify the price.

I have my own electric saloon car. And it’s gonna be way better than whatever cars you’re talking about. Also my dad works at Nintendo.

No, I just don’t trust (((GM)))

Plus GM interiors are complete garbage. If I actually wanted an electric econocar, I’d get the Nissan.

The reason for owning a Tesla is because they’re quick and fun to drive.

They are quick, but I don't see how they're fun to drive since they're bricks that can't turn

Id rather trust GM than a literal african conman.
>muh interior! It doesnt have a 20" iPad!
Effete soyboi. Got it.

Idk. I suggest getting a friend to let you drive one then. Challengers are bricks too, and they’re a blast.

>Id rather trust GM
Then I guess that’s your mistake.

Your tone implies that you think I am lying. Almost all manufacturers are rushing to create competition for the uncontested market that Tesla holds, that being electric performance saloons. Once they do, nobody will buy Teslas anymore because whether you like it or not, they are tragically crap.

Also
>its quick and fun to drive
So is a regular car with a manual transmission. But i forget you soybois like EV cars since theres no compatibility with traditional gearboxes and you reddit types get triggered by the concept of having to shift your own gears

GM isnt asking its customers to pay 3 years in advance for a car that might never even get produced.

I have seen crooks come and go in my town and this is pretty similar to what they do.

Where did I say any of that shit about transmissions? You’re getting pretty heated about points you completely made up. Perhaps you should try blowing your brains out, then at least you’d make yourself look a bit smarter.

SHAME!

>The people with no real money will eat it up.

>all millennials are the same person and as broke as you are

Just like with everything people will pay what they believe is worth it. Tesla makes electric cars because they want to help people reduce their carbon footprint. Save the planet for future generations.

If you don't think this is something people believe in and its worth p
Fighting or paying for you're fucking delusional

>Where did I say any of that shit about transmissions?
IDK brah I just assumed you're the same "you guys dont know about anything besides cars" redditor hypocrite who came here to shill up his fanboy memebrand.

I could say the same for you BTW, all your "arguments" simply boil down to "its ok when Tesla does it"

And that's why it's such an effective scam, innit?
>tug on your heartstrings/emotional sentiment
>"oh trust us love youre doing something wonderful for the environment"
>"future generations to come will extol your name with unbridled joy because you decided to buy a Tesla Model S"
>"please just give us a small loan of $75,000 and we might manufacture enough cars for you to have one in 3 years"
It plays so perfectly on the modern smug "I'm better than you because I support THIS company who sold me THIS product, seeeee?" 21st century ego-mindset; so perfectly that the mark doesnt even realize they're being fleeced until the dash on their Model S starts showing a 3/4" gap between the body and the dashpanel, or until they accidentally sneeze at the sheetmetal-and-aluminium-alloy bodywork wrong and it dents.

Nope.

Now I guess you’ll just have to live with being a blathering idiot who makes up information irrelevant to the discussion anyways. Cheers.

Whole Foods is good tho. Locally produced produce and baked goods is great imo.

>hurr chebby and walmart is all you need in life

The real scam is buying cars that do pollute and kill people with that pullution and in part they support an industry that enables that pollution demands more and more incursions into the environment that other organisms share/need to survive and even manage to destroy. Specifically in deep sea operations.

All that is ok because you don't like Tesla?

I’m more of a Trader Joe’s man myself.

>what are credit cards

It only works for Veeky Forums, or we'd have Berncuck as president. So you're actually making an argument for Tesla being close to shutting down.

The semi truck is probably the smartest thing Tesla has done, honestly. Has Amazon bought any yet? Because it sounds like something that Amazon would buy a shitload of.

Electric cars do not solve pollution in any way. They just move the pollution to a different place. In fact, they're potentially worse because the production of lithium ion batteries takes a huge amount of energy, and these batteries need to be replaced every few years.

They tried that with Cadillac, it flopped hard, though they did everything possible to not sell it.

They REDUCE EMISSIONS electric vehicles are much more efficient at using energy. Power plants are way more efficient at generating power from fuel. Then there's regions that have water power and wind and solar farms photovoltaic and collectors. And nuclear.

Efficiency is not pulling crude out of the ground storing it sending to a port then overseas on a ship to get refined to get sent somewhere else so that everyone else can burn it on their 12 mpg pickup.

>They REDUCE EMISSIONS
Your post started out on the right track. Sounded like you were about to call out the lefty cucks on the way they twist words to make it SOUND eco-friendly when it's really not. Then you went on and proved how brainwashed you are.

Tell me why in wrong faggot.

See
Or: youtube.com/watch?v=17xh_VRrnMU

The holdup is they're pissing off their parts suppliers doing dumb shit and they can't build any cars without any parts. That's why Teslas in body shops just sit there for months because everything is on backorder.

you're moms pussy got crushed today.
again.

Oh yeah. It's too bad the Bolt looks so plain. Apparently, the seats aren't that comfortable either. I like it, though.

The problem with the Bolt is that it relies on third party charging stations for long distance travel, many of which are broken or locked behind a membership. Couple that with the fact that they tend to be clustered around busy areas, with hundreds of miles in between them in some cases, and the Bolt becomes a more difficult (or in some cases, impossible) car to take on long trips. Even once the charging station problem gets sorted out, the Bolt is still limited by its charge rate, which is almost half that of the Model 3.

I like the Bolt, but its limitations in public charging give the Model 3 a significant advantage.

you're* an idiot

>The reason for owning a Tesla is because they’re quick and fun to drive.
Yup. No one does performance electric like Tesla.

It's pretty dirty that people are trying to prevent Tesla from selling directly to customers.

It just looks like an inflated Porsche Panamera.

especially the part where they're delivering products to paying customers, just not fast enough for some people's liking
total scam