Gonna drop 5k on my first car, looking at either a solstice or na Miata but not sure which would make a better daily?

Gonna drop 5k on my first car, looking at either a solstice or na Miata but not sure which would make a better daily?

Other urls found in this thread:

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/2015-mitsubishimiles-low-low/6488171877.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-pontiac-solstice-2-dr/6453859790.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-mazda-mx-5-miata/6478298942.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-mazda-miata-mx-5-ls/6486101955.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a turd could make a better daily
a 3k civic would be best

get a 3k civic instead

3k Civic is the only option

If you're only choosing between those two, an NA miata would be better. For 5k it will be more difficult to come by a solstice in good shape.

Sorry but your options are as follows

>1k civic
>2k civic
>3k civic (best choice)

4k civic

they would both make you look gay if that helps

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/2015-mitsubishimiles-low-low/6488171877.html

VW
W

GTI
T
I

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-pontiac-solstice-2-dr/6453859790.html

The solstice in question, as opposed to the Miata:
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-mazda-mx-5-miata/6478298942.html

>solstice from a shitty bhph dealer
>salvage title miata
kys.

5k civic

you won't be getting a good solstice for 5k besides they have kinda shit interiors that are hard to see out of don't feel good but are quite driver centric, but the only one worth getting is the turbo charged gxp which you won't be getting for 5k. I'd avoid an NA miata because they are older and will need a fair amount of maintenance. I'd say get a early 2000s civic si or rsx type s those'll be plenty of fun and reliable

I'd go for those but I'm looking at convertibles since I currently enjoy driving with all my windows down, so I figured having the top down would be more enjoyable

maybe a newer miata then?
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-mazda-miata-mx-5-ls/6486101955.html
though convertibles can be annoying they always blow too much and just feel weird to me personally, have you considered targa tops or t-tops?

Not really, but I'm open to suggestions, at the moment I've only got a moon roof

see
this guy is correct...go turbo or don't go at all for one of the Kappa twins...interior is standard Americarna fare...is tough to see out of with top up or down...but does drive amazing and my god she does look great doesn't she!!!

The ass on these things is so damn good. Does turbo really make that much of a difference if I'm gonna be dd'ing it? Hell, I wouldn't mind getting one automatic

Oh wow. Where I live solstices are expensive as hell. They rarely dip below $8k which is why I assumed it wouldn't be woth it.

If you want to be safe with parts and other costs, miata.

If you want to be a bit different, solstice (although I am a biased pontiac boy).

Are you
?
And yah Miata is cheaper (and jap) but I rarely see solstice, not because of reliability issues is it?

yes turbo does make a hell of a difference because this car is heavy as fuck for a roadster!!!...
nope...solo poster

acura integra

QUESTION: is a 3k civic a civic listed for 3k or is it a 4k civic talked down to 3k

The license plate spells ugly, also how much would it cost to replace the beige with black?

lol didn't catch that, also no clue, could be a little if you find a parts car or I suppose you could try your hand at painting it yourself

Thanks for all the help, even if I get a solstice, I wouldn't have the money if something breaks, so I'll be going with the miat

any civic bought for 3k

Just a heads up...remember that the kappa twins are parts bin cars...so almost all mechanically related parts are relatively cheap...body parts however is where things begin to get a little expensive!!!

So engine and transmission rebuilds should be cheap whereas buying a new top or any other aesthetic related piece is going to be a bitch?

It's not even that pricey desu

Any decent upholstery shop should be able to take care of the top for like 500, body panels aren't that expensive new

I'm doing this for Uber. Am I fugged?

as much as i love featherweight rwd good handling sports cars and I think they are perfect daily and all you ever need, get a 3k civic.
You'll thank me once you understand.

So what exactly is pricey for these things?

Civics are for people who pound dude butt

I was seeing fenders and shit in the 150-250 range

Considering I've mostly been dealing with 240z parts and Boxster parts, that kind of pricing is wholly acceptable to me.