/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Last Thread : Old vs new

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7S0uH8BGw
rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/
reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/
youtu.be/zpgXrcfTLbM
youtu.be/a4SrvV0OlL8
youtu.be/V-t-NVdIZ4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

afonso poste

>Get relationship up with Maru and Demetrius
>Accidentally forget to give gifts to Robin
>Tfw I accidentally cucked the qt redhead milf of her daughter and husband
I should feel bad but I don't
Do you think she would mind if I used her bedroom to fuck her daughter and husband in a threesome?

>type the fucking captcha in the text box
>the city of me

ded

>get picture captcha
>get told i mistyped it

Is the plant in Nuclear Throne an Evangelion reference? It looks oddly similar to the mass produced Evas.

That game looks fucking ugly.

>drinking that crap

that feel when /albg/ dies along with my interest in the game

Looks vaguely fun, but reminds me of these shovelgames.

Should I try VVVVVV?

The core game is pretty bad. Right click to grind forever and ever.
Should've joined BAKA early on.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7S0uH8BGw

What a shame. I guess I'll keep playing Thea, then.

The character portraits are pretty hit and miss, but the rest of the game is pretty good.

I remember having a lot of fun with it for 4 hours.

Nidhogg 2 is out, in case anyone care.
After seeing the screenshots, I don't.

LISA is kicking my fucking ass.

I have one armed Brad and Nern left.

Fardy died to roulette, rage and someone else got kidnapped and weren't there when i went to save them. The rest abandoned me. Hint lord, Ajeet andthe bird guy artist were just killed to save a nipple.

I've really made a mess here.

Yes you did. You caused them to die. You're responsable for all this.

Everything I saw about nidhogg 2 shouted that it was a shitty sequel whose creation was a mistake.

plsno

i only have some old NT stuff

Subnautica : the best gif for people who shits their pants at Jaws!

do you recall how they came to that place?

>Wow, that's a scary beast
>Realize there's a human in front of him for scale
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

is it dragon leviathans or ghost leviathans that eat reapers?

Expedition

lol Rimworld drama

rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/

reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ax9a9/some_notes_on_recent_controversies/ (dev's reply to article)

Being a game developer and having to deal with this stupid social justice bullshit all the time must be hell.

>SJW crap
For fuck's sake, don't post that shit here. At the very least provide a short greentext of news links so people don't end up giving them clicks.

Jesus Christ who is their right mind would write that article.

Based dev

>return to Trapper's Cabin to finish Jeremiah's Survival School
>turn in the quest then immediately got the Jeremiah's Folly MQ
>want to get stuff from locker outside but it's pitch dark so I lit a Torch
>tfw step outside the door and the fucking Bear is standing right there

I don't know if it was a scripted encounter but it shattered my sense of security in the homestead.

Not to mention my Wool Ear Wrap and Fleece Cowl is ruined and my Combat Pants is at 2%. Fuck.

I'm not clicking that. Make a tl;dr if you have something to say.

It's pretty amazing how any bear encounter feels scripted in a good way.

>I'm not clicking that.
Oh nooo!

This one must be scripted though. It's not a coincidence 1 out of his 6 spawn points is right at the Cabin's entrance. After you got the quest, the game spawns him there.

From that point, I think he never goes away no matter how long you rest. The devs must have wanted the 1st Bear encounter right next to a safe house for practical reasons.

Are we talking about bear or The Bear? I first saw a bear in story mode after getting my rifle, but i was halfway through the forest already.

>9 months ago
old drama

>Is the plant in Nuclear Throne an Evangelion reference?
What? How?

The Bear. I also saw my first one on my way back from the Broken Railroad, he was patrolling alongside the railroad track. Then he went insane after the Aurora hit him.

Also, after getting the quest in the Cabin and stepping outside, your map will be updated to show The Bear's 6 spawn points. After I got attacked, my Journal said I already "completed" 1 point.

>try
No, you should play and finish it because it is really good and has a very catchy OST.

>it is really good and has a very catchy OST.
It gets bigger when i pull on it

So how about that grimoire /indie/?

Grimwhat?

is grimoire still shit

Janky piecemeal graphics
Showstopping bugs
Ear raping music
Terrible balance (you can get a major ass kicker on your team immediately, get spells that one-shot bosses at relatively low levels, early game disease problem whose answer is literally "die and resurrect" or "choose to start in an area with a healing well")

Kinda enjoying it still, though I do need to wait on him to fix a bug that's preventing me from moving at all...

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

We aren't going away just yet.

Just started playing Subnautica
What the actual fuck, I didn't expect ayylmao anti-air weapons, some spooky thing asked what am I, artifacts and shit. Just how deep is the plot? Is it possible to turn off anti-air guns before the ship arrives?

About 1.5 km deep. No.

>open a hidden Supply Cache
>Military-Grade MRE
>Rifle Cleaning Kit
>Climbing Socks

>open another Supply Cache
>Tinder Plug
>Accelerant
>Accelerant
>Accelerant

No. Sadly.

The worst part is that you probably figure out what's going to happen and you can't even tell them to fuck off.

why has this game emotionally destroyed me

I go a few days and then I think about it again and then I take to the bottle because I live a lonely life that will never be as fulfilling or innocent as one with Niko and co

>why has this game emotionally destroyed me
Because everyone on Veeky Forums pretends to be cynical and to have given up on life, but in fact, we all want to love. That's why you had people crying over Katawa Shoujo, and that's why Oneshot leaves a bitter taste. Most of us around here are actually good men, and we're pretending to be dicks because it amuses us.

You're still a whiny faggot if it "emotionally destroyed" you.

Get a room you two.

Nah but it pulls at my heartstrings like nothing else

A mash up of nostalgia, childhood and paternal instinct appeals on a primal level

n-no user it isn't like that

At least we're fucking someone else than ourselves, unlike some poor wanker.

So exactly as I said. INTERNET HATE MACHINE! THE CATHEDRAL OF MISOGINY!

i think it looks more like a cross between a duck and a mario piranha plant

>That's why you had people crying over Katawa Shoujo
You know, KS was/is a great newfag detector. Anyone who gave/gives a shit about it hasn't really played any other VNs. It's not particularly bad as far as OELVNs go, but it has to be babby's first VN to evoke strong emotionals.

Sincerely, I doubt it. I reacted strongly to it, despite reading a lot others VNs, and thus being a veteran with stuff like Wanko no Kurasou, Narcissu, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Still cried like a little bitch with Narcissu and doing my best to forget it.

I felt this when I played through KS, but I was also told I chose the worst route, (Student Prez, whose name I can't even remember.) but yeah, give me freakin True Remembrance, or May Sky, or hell gimme ONE.

That said, the story of KS is better than the one I got FROM KS.

Higurashi is garbage.

You wot faggot? Come at me bitch.

I see the detector still works flawlessly.

>Jeremiah's Survival School, population: one (me)
>get me fish(es) - overall weight: 5kg
>get me herbs - overall weight: 0,76kg
>get me venison - overall weight: 10 kg
>tfw that's 15,76kg out of the only available storage's 50kg

This bugged me with Grey Mother too. Not to mention you can't store anything there that he asked, as you couldn't retrieve it later.

Self-correction, as my last sentence ended up being ambiguous: so, once you fulfilled his / her wishes for a particular food or item, that type of stuff cannot be retrieved from that particular locker anymore.

Which means if you have surplus of that stuff and want to store for later use, you're out of luck. Since that's the only non-owned locker in the map, it'll be either the snow outside or the cabin's floor. Bummer!

>emprison
>harvest
>starve
>try to recruit
>rape
>RAPE
nigga what the fuck mods are you using?
Also here's Camp Zegema two and half years after planetfall.

Dont buy RiME

The reviews are saying the art style is not the worst of it. The controls and combat is fucked overall too

Any mods for Rimworld to remove gays?

It has gays?

>Trait: Homosexual
Destination: pic related

>Human leather
What th
>Quality: Superior
Oh, nice.

But what if being gay is contagious?

The meat is turned into kibble and fed to my labradors.
If they go gay, so be it- the fuckers breed too fast as it is.
Speaking of, any mods to have children in Rimworld? I want a colony with child slaves and child-brides bred from PoWs.
The way I see it, their bloodline was weak, they deserve to be subservient.

Y'know, this is why people think dwarf fortress is for psychos. Not that I'm complaining, it's just usually you people aren't so in your face about it.

>tfw diagnosed Aspie in 3rd grade and possible sociopath in HS
I actually do this to mask my loneliness.

Wow Darkwood calm down i'm just starting.

Rimworld

>toxic fallout
>retreat into mountain base and conserve all the energy needed for hydroponics and seal off the entrance
>comfy as fuck
>traders come by
>unlock door to go trading
>farmer runs to harvest rice outside
I thought outside crops would be fucked during toxic fallout. Will I die from eating this?

>the art style is not the worst of it
Now I'm scared.

Yeah. The Ben Garrison mod.

I ran out of Rice halfway through a season-long fallout and sent a few outside just long enough to harvest. The people and food were fine.

fuck ghost leviathans

I joined baka, had some fun abusing bugs for a month, stopped playing.

I've only seen Lorgar do such a thing.

Why do you feel the need to remove them with mods when you can remove them with furnace?

>ctrl+f
>no absolver
here i go again

>Absolver is an action role-playing game based on martial arts fighting, featuring an interconnected world with shortcuts and free-roaming, and merging single, cooperative and competitive play in the same campaign.

youtu.be/zpgXrcfTLbM
youtu.be/a4SrvV0OlL8
youtu.be/V-t-NVdIZ4w

>Campaign can be played offline and online
>Matchmaking for 1v1 duels
>swords and wargloves are confirmed to be in the game
>2-handed weapons confirmed in post-launch free updates
>no season pass and several free DLC planned

I'm not sure if Stagger is available from the start like the other 3 styles or if it's aquired later in the game

dumping webms i collected from other threads

I really hope this game is good.

so do i. but i'm sure it will be "okay" at worst.

last one i got

There are weapons?

so far swords and wargloves. but more weapons will be added through free updates