/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Donuts in sphess edition
previous ded:The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is dead again. RIP in piss. (1181502)
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

highfrontier.com/)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop
youtube.com/watch?v=PYxBy_Sz3Wc
tantor.com/dichronauts-greg-egan.html
store.steampowered.com/app/573490/Interstellar_Transport_Company/
youtube.com/watch?v=_XvDL5zrReQ
feedback.keenswh.com
blog.marekrosa.org/2017/08/skins-parachutes-player-feedback.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OZBWfyYtYQY
steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=244850
youtube.com/watch?v=euRlAUB8s6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, petitioning to add Highfrontier (highfrontier.com/) to the list of /egg/ games

>OP pad for future /ded/s
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop
Use it, nigger

High Frontier is pretty shit.

So it fit perfectly you mean?

I haven't seen anyone post about it outside it being mentioned. Wait for adding it until someone actually posts about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PYxBy_Sz3Wc

From the depths.
Heard someone mentioning that you have do design your engines down to the cylinder/piston level, same for missiles and gun and pretty much anything, so it looks like an awesome game.

What do you engineers think? Sell it to me, or warn me, or even push me to walk the plank of plunderin'

>dichronauts has an audiobook now
n.e.e.t.o.
tantor.com/dichronauts-greg-egan.html

Nick, the developer, is a retarded manbaby that's currently developing the exact same game except separately so he can later replace From the Depths.
Don't buy it. Ever.

Whew that's a dodged bullet then, thanks bro!

How about spessgineers?
I crave some game where I can build shit that moves and shoot with a good complexity

Ignore the other poster He's got a raging hateboner for the from the depths developer because they wouldn't do what he says and wouldn't let him work on the game.

Keen is a bunch of retarded idea monkeys whose idea of a feature update is adding scratched windows then removing them again as a bugfix. Again, don't buy.
Also all the spess niggers servers are dead.

Besiege is probably better for that.

>t. nick

>t. nick

You can't

wot movie

Pixels

Well shit.
Besiege got boring soon because too arcadey
Guess I'm out of luck then

store.steampowered.com/app/573490/Interstellar_Transport_Company/

From the Depths is fucking shit at movement, anyway. Nick "Not even remotely" Smart decided he'd balance flying squirrels by putting a hard limit on all speed, even though he had world-dependent settings for that already. Everything moves at a slow pace.
And the engines aren't even real engines, just energy generators. Nick has said that he'd add axels and shit, but I'm pretty sure he never will. There are also no pivots or grids like in spengies, so everything is just one slow, solid brick.

We're all out of luck.

FACTORIO SERVER FUCKING WHEN

If all it takes to dissuade you from playing a game is a post from /egg/s resident brony and failed amateur game dev who hates everything then yeah you are out of luck.

The fuck are you even spouting, you retarded shill?

You stick out like a sore thumb. Your perma butthurt gives you away. Nobody can be this angry at someone 24/7 for years.

Are you new to Veeky Forums or something

He's obviously just some kiddie from the FtD forums. Ignore him.

>Be so impressed with ftd you play 114 hours in one week.
>Upload videos to YT saying OMG THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!
>Approach the ftd devs but they reject you because your pushy, shitty personality is just that bad
>Be so angry that you spend the rest of your days rageposting about ftd on Veeky Forums while failing to deliver tanks in your own game that you had to completely change because nobody liked it.

TONKS WHEN

>Imblyning i'm REMSHILL
I got butthurt when he removed resources and even more with the speed limit

Why is REM still in the games list? It's unrelated, it's basically abandoned and you can't even play it.

never forget

I don't know. All the rem guys do is shit on anything that isn't rem in between session of fapping to my little pony fanfics. They're abrasive even by Veeky Forums standards.

That's more Unity's fault for having a atmosphere made of Jell-o

>rem guys
>plural

>unity's fault
>something Nick specifically coded
>both the atmosphere and the idiotic "engagement range" crap
>an engine problem
Are you retarded or are you from Squad?

The planet probably has a really thick atmosphere since it takes a handful of balloons to lift tons of weight.

bad news for you, both are bretty bad, but in different ways
ftd will give you great detail in building, especially turrets, which pleases the autism, but dev is beyond retarded and you will either regret buying it immediately or soon after. worth pirating though.
now spengo: be warned that despite what I'm about to write I've got about 700-800h there, if you like legos, spengos is alright I guess, you can build rovers, ships, etc. but it's all awfully simplified. mods can help (thruster offset, aerodynamics and reentry, etc.) but be warned that if you want gameplay you will be disappointed.you don't have the details of ftd (reactor for example is a singular block that "just werks" if you put uranium in) and the most difficult part is connecting each part with tubes or scripting.
I have not been lamenting by purchase of spengos, but only because it was discounted at the time.
If you want to invest in some /egg/ I wholehearthedly recommend fugtorio and any zachtronics game, start with spacechem

What engagement range? Last time I checked you could fight from 50 miles away if you wanted to and could build guns to shoot that far.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Did Nick remove that again? It used to be that every bullet had a max range of about 1.5 kilometers after which it'd just start falling straight down for no discernible reason. A clear feature because it explicitly told you where that range is on the turret. That's how Nick fixes sniping from afar, even though turrets are totally safe from that distance and you'll be getting sniped by missiles and lasers most of the time anyway

last time I checked, there were 2 of them
not only remshill is mad at nick

>spacechem
>not Infiniminer

>Fagtorio
My melatonin-augmented brethren
I already greatly enjoy it and zachtronics shit too, but I wanted to add a sprinkle of piratey/captain spice.
It a damn shame ftd dev is such an idiot, and that spengie fizzled too.

Also, leddit got a fagtorio server running 24/7 I guess, why the fuck can't we manage the same?

Because nobody will host a fucking server, obviously.
Factorio server fucking when?

>every bullet had a max range of about 1.5 kilometers

If such a thing was ever in place it hasn't been that way for years. I've never seen a gun with range so short in game or on youtube.

When I find a job

apparently nemet made one, you just have to get onto teamspeak and ask him for ip

unification

or discord, channel has already been made

Even pre-unification videos show ships fighting at far further than 1.5 kilometers. Enemy battleships are just dots on the horizon.

Bump

Is sins of a solar empire fun? The fact that all the ships are cylinders and all combat is done hundreds of kilometers away (though realistic) seems like it might be boring. Is it really repayable or more of a beat it once type of game?

>sins of a solar empire
Don't you mean Children of a Dead Earth?

>No pivots or grids
What are spin blocks? And didn't the last update raise the speed cap by a whole lot?

can you stack 'em?

You actually got me interested in Sins of a Solar Empire for a second there before I realized you meant chode.

They are spin blocks. That's all they do, spin based on some set variable in a very buggy way. And you can't place half of the blocks on it, not even thrusters because Nick cannot into objects at all. You can't even stack them.
The most you can hope is adding a second vehicle tethered with a dock, but that's even buggier and Nick "fixed" that too.

Actually you can put thrusters on spin blocks and they don't just spin. You can make them move in a complex manner with LUA scripts. Spin blocks stacking requires a mod.

I suspect you're being ignorant on purpose or are just disingenuous.

I suspect I haven't even looked at FtD in a year because Nick fucked it up so bad.
None of those don't invalidate it. You could always put a block on a spinner, it just didn't work or fucked up in some other way.
And gib that mod.

Why is that thing on the joint spinning? What purpose does it have?

It's just an indicator

>all my criticisms of [game] are made up bullshit or were fixed long ago but I post them anyway. The webm I posted myself contradicts one of my claims too

>Some of my arguments are now slightly innacurate because the game got some updates and also there is a mod that fixes it
>Therefore they are all inaccurate
Shouldn't you be congratulating Nick on the FtD forums for expertly rebalancing railguns again?

youtube.com/watch?v=_XvDL5zrReQ
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I wonder how long it will take for somebody to either mod them in or to make mods that spawn the crates like crazy.

feedback.keenswh.com

>using forums
Faggot

How stupid are you claiming that spin blocks can't be stacked and all they do is spin at a set rate, while posting an webm of spin blocks being stacked and clearly not just spinning at a set rate? Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

>Spin blocks stacking requires a mod.
please tell me more how it's possible in vanilla to have multigrids of proper complexity. sufficiently modded spengo can be good as well

I'm demonstrating exactly how that can be avoided, you dumb fucking nigger. There's a dock on a spinner that lifts up and down docked to the leg that also has a spinner on it, this time in a different axies. The second the whole thing moves the docked "ship" goes flying off because it's docked.

nyet, nyet, nyet
cyka blyat!
eh, it's not really that bad, they're ingame not some buy-bullshit and chutes are finally here

>cry about something not being possible
>while posting a vid showing that it is indeed possible

I haven't actually said anything about nick ITT, none of those posts are mine
I still hate him though for unifying resources and firing N3X15
t. remshill

This went better than I expected. As long as they don't make this moddable too it can hold meaning. It still is technically a crate drop system :^)
At least I get two free skins for a game I can't run

blog.marekrosa.org/2017/08/skins-parachutes-player-feedback.html

They also added the missing textures for the items

youtube.com/watch?v=OZBWfyYtYQY
but that means that tradeable and other tags on steamDB is not a ploy for microtransactions
it's just keen's incompetence
this looks like scooby doo's episodes, each time it turns out keen's laziness/incompetence/stupidity is behind the mask

It could be keen incompetence, it could be needed to avoid steam's incompetence, it could be an easy SHEKELS NOW ALLOWED switch for the most certainly upcoming market enabling.
If they are to hear the forums and leddit, most of the suckhard players will have the desire to spend even more money on the game.

steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=244850
And so another small sized market with weird demand and arbitrary prices begins

morons,
if veteran is only achievable for people that already have spengo right now, the price should be higher

Am I supposed to get these for free?

All of them, and some freer than others.
Unless KEEN messes up the math the quality/color of the item frame is how rare the drop chances are. Badger stuff is among the most common, Pharaoh is the rarest. The quality of the texture shows this too.

Of course

Yes my bad

And the safe-space suit

this can't be real

You what son?

>2GB spengies upd8
is the game good yet?

No and never will be

>2GB of random loot crates
FUCK YOU MAREK YOU SCAMMING POLISH PIECE OF SHIT

No, I hate those maps!

>that skin
my condolences

So, playing Space Engineers.

Game just suddenly drops to 0fps randomly for like 30 seconds.

Any idea why?

>you'll be able to turn an actual profit from scavenging in space engineers now

>POLISH
oi oi, marek's not even close to vodka driking slavs, he's a beerslav
vodkaslavs may jew you, but at least they're more competent geralt

kurwa wypierdalaj, he's not one of us
he's cousin from Slovakia, go pester them instead

Who's planning on buying spengies items low and selling them high?

>going from server to server sending out massive automated swarms to find loot crates
>building fortified bases to hold unclaimed skins
>brokering deals in the steam market
>manipulating factions and clans to work against each other in the name of profit
youtube.com/watch?v=euRlAUB8s6M
What will the update that bring us the Grineer and Tenno be like?

ATTENTION ALL /egg/ MEMBERS:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The decision has been made to merge /egg/ (Engineering Games General) with /kspg/ (Kerbal Space Program General). The next thread will be titled /eggspg/.

For the remainder of this thread feel free to discuss Kerbal Space Program.

The fun thing is that we can totally fucking do that. Anybody got a good drone system? System scanners are simple to build.

Hey at least we know who the Infested are

And a reminder to REPORT AND IGNORE

>Hey at least we know who the Infested are
But who is our Alad V?

>>rem guys
>>plural

I mean, there is two of us. I, REManon, do all the interactions, remdev it's an introvert. Yearly reminder to direct all hate at me, remdev did nothing wrong. Also, sorry about the lack of updates guys, life is in a bit of a tizzy right now. New job, moving, etc.

>you can't even play it
You can, actually. Nothing we're comfortable calling anywhere near finished, but we do public tests on our Discord server every now and then. I can send you a build right now, but stuff is either broken, unfinished, or won't work without us pulling the strings of the server. Base game, building and flying around work just fine. We tried adding missiles in for giggles but they just weren't very fun to use or get shot at by so we disabled them until we can get some more systems in to give the player a chance.

And so the undercutting begins

we may have a drone system