/acg/ - Armored Core General

Hi edition.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

It's not the same without the dodgy 90's era techo, and the cardboard box sounding machine gun. Should've just linked us to youtube.

>tfw you can't hear the music in your head while watching the webm.

user, I'm sorry.

... You got me there, I gotta go dust off the PS1.
Wish me luck Xez!

Good luck!

On the topic of the series' timeline, I suggested that it went 4>V>1>2>3, then someone brought up that if this was true, why weren't there 4/V technology down the timeline, to which I said maybe it was destroyed.

But I had the idea, ACV's influence in AC1:

-The design of the MTs, and by extension ACs, was inspired by the AC design in V
-Nineball is the long-sought outcome of the AI from ACV/VD

And as for AC4's influence, H+ comes from the way LYNX piloted NEXTs.

What are some thoughts about this?

It's possible, some Gundam-esque theory crafting right there.

Ok so, I was thinking about Answerer + 5 NEXT vs the current world again while at work

Answerer and 5 AC are teleported to our reality right over New York City and declares war with the United States.

Base: Answerer
Constantly release deadly KPP into the environment and traveling across the land at a steady pace.
5 of your GOAT ACs will defend it from all threats

In a world of no KP pollution how effective would the KPP be right from the start ala Answerer's KPP output? The threat level of this would be at the highest level, how many other countries do you think will join right from the beginning?

ACs will have to get ONE buff sadly. Due to the amount of KPP Answerer outputs and the fact that Answerer is their base they'll need some form of KP resistant armor. So what buff do we give the current world in return?

Can Answerer shoot nukes out the sky? Would Space Travel and Sats in space give the world an advantage in any form? By Space Travel I mean they could use it as a means to ambush Answerer from above with like.. nukes or something along the lines. Can Answerer move? If so, at what speeds? Regardless in this scenario Answerer CAN move and if I was to give it a speed it'll be similar to Motherwill.

Of the 5 how many ACs will be required be on duty defending Answerer? Since having all 5 on duty and on cooldown at the same time would be a bad idea Would 2 or 3 at a time be enough and their only option? Could 1 do the job?

Has there ever been a Raven/AC that was killed by a ground troop via Rocket Launcher so something? What are the odds that would occur especially in cities?

How effective are EMPs against ACs or Answerer?

I thought this general combined with the other one.

Anyway what's the meta online these days? Is everyone still only using;
>Battle rifles
>laser rifles
>rifles
>pulse guns
>and hit and run scan mode tactics?

/gerg/ really only really talks about battletech related things and not much else. So we still have a reason to make this general.

No idea what the meta is.

Does a meta even exist now?

_No

Bump

wake up

Live

Did anyone here ever play J-Phoenix? It's an AC clone for the PS2.
This was totally unknown to me until last month, and I see it has 4 games!

>AC clone

Someone actually bother to copy AC?

There's another one called Legend of Cloudia, also for the PS2.
I say "an AC clone", but this one really is. They even copied the older control style from the PSX days (R2/L2 looks up/down, R1/L1 strafe).

The only differences I've noticed so far:
- When you boost/jump, your robot falls _very_ slowly, kinda like it has passive floaters or something.
- It's more mission-based than AC - no arena.
- You need to develop parts/weapons. Usually, you "buy" development time, and do a mission - once you finish the mission, the part is developed.
- There's actually a knockdown mechanic, for both you and the enemies.

I just finished Mission 6 or 7, against an expy of the Black Tri-Stars.

I remember this from the old AC threads on /m/.
An apt comparison is that J-Phoenix 1 is the original Gundam, and J-Phoenix 2 is Gundam SEED. You can fly from the start in J-Phoenix 2, and the control scheme uses dual analogs.

bump.

bunp

stop dying

I was up until 0400 last night playing it. Holy hell that game has aged so well man. Still so fun. Glad I drunkely clicked your webm last night.

I remember this one. The customization is based on Armored Core's, but it's very linear - you get a new set of parts after every mission. One weird thing is how your starter is better than 50% of any other configuration you can try.

I liked that enemies can hit each other. Other than that, I don't remember much. Did you fight a giant ship or something? Also, is this the one where you can play co-op? I forgot.

There's a boss that's a giant transforming ship (like Macross). You fight on top of it, then it transforms and you fight it again.
I don't think the game has co-op.

Took a nap. Back to bumping duty.

ACFA is in no way a graphical powerhouse of its era, but damn, the Arms Forts look really nice despise everthing

bump.

Yeah, the Arms Forts are very nice looking in game.