Is it true that people honk all the time in America?

Is it true that people honk all the time in America?

No

only in major cities, and usually only west coast and northeast coast. the south is irritatingly patient with traffic.

Probably because of the larger percentage of people carrying. Don't wanna piss off the wrong hair trigger guy.

they don't know how to merge and it pisses me off.

we can't do it anymore, unless for emergency/dangers

the danger is FUCK YOU THE LIGHT IS GREEN

When I last visited Auckland, there was only honking when a Chinese driver almost hit someone.
Which was often, that place is mostly Chinese and the stereotype about their driving skill is mostly true (they aren't consistently worse, but a lot of them have a lack of awareness for other vehicles).

Oh fuck yeah I did like 5+ times from people just trying to merge into the side of me for some reason

>tumblr

I always honk at NA Miatas. They deserve to be bullied.

When someone doesn't move on a green light I just roll down the windows and put the volume of my music to max. That usually gets them going.

Everyone not only has a gun here, but most are criminals, and people still drive like daredevils.

t. westside of Chicago

did someone say *honk*

I just flash my lights at them desu.

>people who are unreasonable
>light turns green, car in front of me goes and i begin to move
>person behind me honks cause if i'm not flooring it i'm apparently too slow
>stop and force him to wait an extra 3 seconds

>when that asshole behind you honks before the light turns green

No, honking is pretty rare outside of major metropolitan areas with dense traffic. In most of the country you usually only hear it during or after collisions and near misses. Sometimes you hear friendly beep-beeps. In general, the areas with more traffic congestion have more road rage, thus more angery honking. Sometimes I give oblivious people stopped at a green a little half-beep so the retards further back don't lose their shit and do something retarded.

>stuck behind rental toyota for 30km today
>car was going 15kmh below speedlimit
>no oppurtunity to safely pass
>would brake while going around corners
>finally get to a two lane roundabout
>go into the outside lane to go straight
>it swerves across my entry and then come out on my exit lane
>indicates and starts braking 200m before its turnoff

christ I hate the chinese

When I went to New York this absolutely infuriated me. I'd be 6 cars deep at a red light and IMMEDIATELY as the light turned green the 7th, 8th or 9th car would ALWAYS HONK. Like what in the fuck? This doesn't improve anything about the current traffic situation, and it's just making you look like a dick. I had no idea it was illegal now; didn't see those signs anywhere.

After a few minutes I started to realize people are most likely being more dickish behind me because of my NC license plate.

Nc fag, only tolerant cuz people will jump out their car and beat you to death.
Also, had a guy try and get in my lane in fayetville, she got so close my gf in the passenger seat couldve poked his eye out.she yelped,he flipped us off and sped on ahead.

He*

Yeah this basically

Only dipshits tend to honk unnecessarily in my experience. Most people I drive by only seem to honk in a dangerous situation

In NYC, even the cops honk incessantly.

Is there a way to hook up a horn on my car but make it sound like its coming from another car?

I want to see if I can still honk but put the blame on the car behind me.

as someone who is from NY and moved to NC 2 years ago, they don't care about your plate. they literally have their hand over the horn ready for when the light turns green.

>in a parking garage after local parade
>everyones been at a standstill for like 10 minutes
>people on lower levels letting other people reverse out of their spots and merge
>hear one honk
>it begins
>suddenly 99% of the cars in the garage start honking wildly
>they do this until they move 1mm closer to the exit
>repeat every 10min
this is what it's like to live in the south

Of course, honking is like clapping, except with your car.

i have to honk all the time in my s2k because nobody ever fucking sees me
I have never had this issue in any other car I've driven, it's insane. Like everyone goes retarded and blind whenever I drive this thing. In the 2 times I've almost been in a accident in my normal DD within the past 2 years, it's easily been 5x that in the s2k I've only had for 4 months now

move your horn trumpets under your rear bumper, point them forward and rig up a momentary switch on the dash so you can activate them inconspicuously.

NC driver here, if we don't see you staging at the stoplight like you're about to run a quarter mile, we just assume you aren't paying attention.

>The deaf men feel no pain

>use switch
>get out of car and start confronting driver behind me
>get shot

Only in America

it's not a lack of awareness, it's a lack of care. chinks are extremely egotistic. they couldn't give a shit less about anyone else on the road.

>all those cars running in a semi-enclosed space

I do it as a gentle reminder to drop your fucking phone and move your car.

To be fair, if you're the ninth car and the lights change often you're relying on the eight drivers in front of you all paying attention for you to get through those lights.

Americans do most things worse than others, so I imagine paying attention while driving would be one of those things, making the horn necessary.

I feel the same in miata, so im selling it before it just gets wrecked or I die. The normies have won.

I only take that precaution in the poorer/blacker parts of town, and even then who gives a shit when you can fire back.

>driving in new york
your own fault retard

>west coast
only Californians honk incessantly. They're our own little east coast

a pair of Supertones and a loud exhaust with some careful driving will solve the common Miata problem of being hard to see.

>CHK on license plate

Yeah, a chink was driving that car.