My car has a four cylinder engine but because it makes a lot of power that makes it okay!

>my car has a four cylinder engine but because it makes a lot of power that makes it okay!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WHl7bgGECXo
youtu.be/0g5UOZbV7Z4?t=47s
youtube.com/watch?v=xvYCAxTIHag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah?

Weird post, why would it not be okay?

Because it's a redneck

Because 4-cyl = characterless cuck engine

How on God's green earth can you squeeze a tiny 143 BHP out of a 5 litre V8?

What's character, exactly? Being heavy and inefficient?
A light 4 cylinder can be very, very fun.

Low compression, shit heads and super-tame cam profiles.

>A light 4 cylinder can be very, very fun.
And will sound very, very boring.

95%+ of 4 cylinder cars sound like boring shit. There's no such thing as a bad sounding 5, 6, 8, 10 or 12 cylinder car.

I'm not a sound-autist like many people here, but I think 4 bangers can sound cool.

GM Vortec engines sound like hot ass mess, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

>this thread
>forgetting the most powerful engines on the planet for their size are 4cyl naturally aspirated engines
>240hp/litre
closest car is a 911 g2t rs at 181hp/litre

youtube.com/watch?v=WHl7bgGECXo

Sounds breddy gudd to me baka desu.

american engineering

That’s specifically the sound of Vortecs that is terrible. Legitimately sounds like a wet fart.

>forgetting the most powerful engines on the planet for their size are 4cyl naturally aspirated engines
No one fucking cares, go buy a Tesla if you care about acceleration so much, faggot.

>it makes a lot of power that makes it okay!
soymobile engine

>high-end sportbike
>soy

>sportbike
Soy. Cruiser > Sport

You know it's a motorcycle engine right?

>bikes
>on Veeky Forums

giddings me?

Nice argument, is that you in the picture?

>my car doesn't have a lot of power but because it has more than four cylinders that makes it okay!

>my car is so much faster than gas powered supercars!

>4 cylinders don't sound good
youtu.be/0g5UOZbV7Z4?t=47s

aww someone didn't like Scotty Kilmers new video.

>vid shown
>a 80s japanese 4cyl cuckbox

youtube.com/watch?v=xvYCAxTIHag
>this vid
>a 80s european 6cyl cuckbox

Which cuckbox sounds better?

Answer carefully.

reminder 0-60 is the only relevant day to day metric

V TEC

au contraire mon busriding frere

One thing burgers get right is that there's literally no replacement for displacement.

Not gonna lie, 4bangers can be cool, only problem is thatmost of the industry use them as shit tier normie economy cars not meant to ever be revved in their life, or they just randomly slap a turbo on it because they don't want to put the money in to make a more efficient 4banger engine.

>be me Acura Integra GSR
>friend has Mercury Cougar

both of our cars are pushing 170hp, one of us has a 4 cyl and the other has a V6, guess who can run laps around who

>guess who can run laps around who
No one cares.

so I guess you're one of those "V8 only" people
don't tell me you got beat by a civic

excuse my autism but F1 engines of the 80s made up to 1000+hp from 1.5 litres
those were turbo 4 cylinder

except when they're arguing that it's okay to be slow
ITT: butthurt slow classic cucks

>Americans actually believe this

>niggered out "truck"
>IT SOUNDS GOOD user!

sounds about right.

god bless gm

>my car has 5 cylinders and a tarbo

>4G63T
>4A-GEU
>B16B
>B18
Why are you so wrong?

Literally any V6 sounds like shit

>GEU
literally gas yourself

What is torque?

t. Displacement Fag

With all the V8 supremecist fags around here I won’t have to

>my engine has 4 strokes so it's okay that it barely makes 100hp/litre
if you're not making at least 200 hp per litre, naturally aspirated, your engine is shit.

my car has 6 cylinders in a row +a turbo

No 7 cylinder scum in site by default 6 cylinders win

Have you heard an infiniti?

btfo

This. Most of them are just outfitted with rather large mufflers. pull those off and swap for a tiny one and you can wake the neighbourhood

>I don't care about racing
And there we go

>what is torque
irrelevant

>no k series

come on my nigga

>no replacement for displacement.
But there are replacements for displacement:
>increase rpm
more powerstrokes per minute -> more power
>increase volumetric efficiency
more air per powerstroke -> more power

Because effeminate, submissive "men" feel the need to compensate at every turn. Like wearing two T shirts to hide their teenage boy-like frame (or wearing a jacket when it's hot out if they have taste), growing out shitty beards, etc

They saw the manly redneck men on TV driving burbling V8s so they think that if they drive burbly sounding V8s other people will think they're confident, attractive, and in no way the sort of person that likes to get rammed in the ass while tied up and wearing girls clothing.

Alas, the last five "part time gay/curious" twinks I fucked all drove V8s! Never an i4. Sometimes a V6.

American cruiser = normal man who doesn't know much about bikes but wants one anyways
Jap cruiser = soyboy trying to fit in with the straight men
Sportbike = Suicidal dick, or dejected car enthusiast tired of buying sportscars that have more in common with moderately aggressive commuter cars than racecars in terms of transmission type, gear ratios, engine tuning, and stock suspension

>be murkan
>make cars made entirely out of iron that weigh ten tons and are the size of aircraft carriers
>make engines bigger and more powerful because more gas burned = more power
>high compression and forced induction are for fucking commie europoors and slant eyed gooks
>reach a specific output of 1HP per cubic inch and MPGs so bad they make rotaries look green
>do this for decades because gas is literally free-er than freedom
>suddenly (((our greatest ally))) attacks these oil producing and exporting countries
>oh fugg izrael needz are halp :DDDD
>attack oil producing and exporting countries
>they place an oil embargo which causes gas to go from free to 79 cents per gallon
>america goes into a fucking crisis and wait in line for gas
>the carter administration tells US automakers to make more fuel efficient cars because of this
>too lazy to make 4 cylinder engines, decide to massively detune their muh v8s
>presto, sub-150 hp from 5 liters

You forgot the 55mph speed limit that created an entire generation of people that are afraid of going fast

emissons regulations

but also engineers too dumb and lazy to work with them

The worst part is 4cyl engines have to redline just to make triple digit hp.
That's why cops always go after ricers and I never get pulled over, because they respect me.

4 cylinder engines are great. I have an FF, FR, and MR, all with 4 cylinder engines.

If only there was a dual over head cammed V8 engine with variable valve timing, mass produced like the 5.3 vortec with an 8k rpm rev limit that wasn't complete trash

It’s a skewed comparison. The i4 is recorded through a literal trumpet which is what iTB’s do for sound. The BMW sounds like it’s got a stock exhaust

this is true

they call everything else for cucks because a lesser man is what they don't want to be known as
and if they weren't already lesser men why would they need an engine 90% of people don't give a fuck about to prove it?

This. 'muritrash engines just can't compete when it comes to HP.
Even Renault gets 900hp out of a 1.6l

10/10

truth hurts my sides

>The BMW sounds like it’s got a stock exhaust
And it still sounds better.

Pls no bully :(

Fucking eurocucks have to compare NA god teir american engineering to forced induction eurotrash

my 2.9 ranger

Needs an addendum:

>cause a worldwide oil crisis TWICE within a century
>mock europoors for making sub 1L 3cyl turbo shitboxes
>meanwhile make actual "sports cars" with the same europoor engines
>get so cucked that you're the leader of autonomous electric cars

god uses a 4 cylinder

That isn't a 325i.

yeah it's even better

I love the sound of a V8 engine, but there is no reason for them to exist when I4s can outperform them while retaining a higher level of efficiency.
>most adventurous, dangerous vehicle on the road
>"lol thats gay"
post car

torque is the force that produces rotational tension or torsion.
torque is calculated
T = D* F
or in our case
T= RPM* HP

>most promiscuous, sexually active social minority group

Gays are thrill seekers desu

I promise you with a good tune you can get at least 1 HP per cubic inch

>tune
How? It's carbureted.

I'll take CAFE standards for $1000, Alex

You need an inline-6 for good sound, V6's sound like shit because they are inherently unbalanced and need all sorts of shit to counter this like eccentric cranks and all sorts of counterweights so it can run smooth and literally not whip itself apart.

>t. my inline-6

Its an M3 you dope, didn't you see the bodykit?

Are you retarded?

>1 HP per cubic inch

What's that in real units, 60HP/L? My fucking 92 Camry has the same specific output, 135HP from 2.2L.

>ITB
>Turbo
>Characterless
Okay.

>3 liter dog shit 160hp of iron scrap
I'm glad you're happy with it but jesus christ those things have no guts.

Interesting logic. Post car.

t. Fag who’s partner made them sell their bike, not a slut btw just some insight into the “community”

American here, excellent post

This. They finally are making real progress around the emissions issue, but it took forty years.

You can tune carburetors, and get bigger ones.

You must be new here.
Take your time and cruise some of the threads before posting something stupid. K?