Post your favorite and/or most unique car under $10k

Post your favorite and/or most unique car under $10k

Other urls found in this thread:

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-toyota-mr2-sw20-v6-swap/6487294588.html
autoblog.com/2017/09/05/c4-chevy-corvette-zr-1-right-time-to-buy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There aren't many mid engine turbo cars under 10k

But you posted it for me, OP

I like these. Twin turbo V6, stupidly tuneable, AWD, available as a wagon or sedan...

Don't buy one if you've only got 10k to spend though, they can get insanely expensive real quick.

OP here, this thread has been bumped to $15k

Here is a nice example of a 1976 Cadillac Eldorado that I might look into.

I like the 80s-90s look of the car

Yeah you can't beat 'em. I picked mine up for $7500. LT1, 6 speed, 75k miles, completely redone interior with all new rubber seals everywhere. It's great.

>15k
Oh boy, that means I could stretch to one of these

too bad they're shit

Nah.

have you owned one? i have. it was terrible.

I don't like them.
>Really cheap saturn-tier interior
>slow
>unreliable
>inferior to mercedes and BMW of the same class
>basically a VW
>looks plain

That's just my opinion though you are free to disagree haha

Those things are a pain to own and get parts for and idk what yall say with "JDM reliability" cuz these do not abide by that assuming it even exists

Of course, they're objectively worse cars than an E46 M3 or something along those lines.
That and the turbos blow at 150k, requiring you to take out the engine, they eat front control arms for breakfast and have fucking 8 of those, the front half of the chassis is identical to that of a B5 Passat while the rear suspension is actually worse (lifted from the B4 80), electrical gremlins out the ass, you know. Fun stuff.

And yet I like them more than an AMG C-Class or M3 from the same era.

the only subaru i really like.

To bad they're getting hard to find in good shape. At least in my experience but I may be unlucky in my search.

I`ve heard quattros are a bit better with front suspension longevity because the drivetrain loads aren`t just distributed to the front like regular fwd Audis.

I like its predecessor more. 80s Subarus were generally pretty nice overall for being rugged awd shitboxe, before they became rally/lesbo/vape memed.

Yeah, the rear wheels taking about half the torque definitely helps with front suspension longevity. Still not the most durable setup in the world, but at least B5 Passat parts are the exact same thing but cheaper.

V6 mr2!
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-toyota-mr2-sw20-v6-swap/6487294588.html

If I'm going to go the Corvette route, I'm going for less-desirable smog era C3 and either building a 350 with balls or LS swappin it.

I do like 84-90 C4s though; I like the rear facia better than the 91-96s.

pic related

GMC Typhoon.

turbo 4.3
awd
0-60 in 5ish

autoblog.com/2017/09/05/c4-chevy-corvette-zr-1-right-time-to-buy/

>using toyota's worst v6
why

Lotus Espirit

Where the hell are these under 10k, i found ONE in my area for 9k and it was a rusted out non-running "i know what i got". id love to own one to manual-swap and crank up the boost for a practical stop-light warrior.

>Neptune Beach
>upon closer examination
Lmao this nigga lives on my street