>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer-ii/total-war-warhammer-2-skaven-guide
strawpoll.me/13730691
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for lizards

On a scale of 1-10, how disappointed are you with the Skaven campaign/roster?

So how do you think they're going to do game 3 while also having it be a standalone?

LOVE ETERNAL

Old thread

FOR ZE LADY!

Markus Wulfhar when?

3, maybe
Mostly I need to be able to play them personally to see how fun they are in battle, since that's what will decide whether I like them or not

Never actually played Rome 2. Was it really as bad as people say it was?

5 I love the roster, and the missing units will come with the dlc's but the campaign is shit

>campaign
6, I wasn't really expecting anything interesting
>roster
5, I knew they'd cut out the interesting units for DLC

At launch yes.
Now it's mediocre

8/10 roster
5/10 campaign for now. I have to check it out myself

No, was a good game even at the launch, the hype just was retarded

what's the skaven roster?

>no one spent hours on naval battles
That's because they were boring as fuck mirror matches in every previous total war.

If CA properly implemented naval battles in Warhammer where every faction is different they'd be amazing.

Yes I'd spend hundreds of hours blockading every single Ulthuan port with my dawi Ironclad fleet and bombarding the shit out of them for VENGEANCE.

Hellpit was a pleasant surprise. All their units looks excellent. Campaign mechanics seem pretty smart. They incorporated the stealth and treachery, and seem to have an inclination for an aggressive play-style.

Only let-down is the technology tree which is shit, and Queek being super boring, but I sorta expected him to be boring.

Yes. Especially at release.

>who cares about all these other requested features like naval battles, revamped siege maps, and formations
>LOOK LOOK, COOL NEW RACES! AREN'T THEY COOL? LOOK AT THESE UNITS! THEY HAVE FOOD! WOW!a

Why is their leadership so damn high?

2, because no Jezzails. Nothing else really disappoints, the opposite if anything.

Its going to be hard. I guess it will be Chorfs, Ogres and Daemons of Chaos. But other than that no idea.
But if they go with 4 daemons factions it will be hard to sell.

Humans have basic age of sail ships with cannons, rifles, and wizards
chaos had steamer ships not affected by wind, focused on boarding action and close-combat weapons
skaven ships were designed around protecting the ship with the bell of doom which would shake ships apart with each ring
Dark Elves and High Elves would have ballistas, wizards and sea dragons
Dwarves have ironclads
Grenskin would be like chaos I guess.
You could even add monster hunting like in the Norsca campaign, except for sea monsters like Krakens and Sea Dragons.
t. about 30 hours of slight buyers remorse in Man O' War.

If that didn't stop me from liking TWW1 it's sure as hell not going to make me dislike TWW2

Has anyone played with the "Better AI" mod by Minos?
Is it any good?

This, in warhammer every faction have their exclusive kind of ship.

Man O' War is very detailed but extremely buggy.

In Fall of the Eagles is there a distinct difference between the west and east roman empire in terms of units? I thought they sort of branched pretty hard and had their own styles and shit (historically), or am I wrong?

Hobgoblins. CA mentioned them on the event.

This.
A lot of love, but a terrible lack of competent dev

They aren't meatwalls in so far as you wanting them to fight, clanrats and slaves die and the chance of them killing anything is very low, extremely low. Enemies will butcher their way through their ranks in no time, but you can severely weaken the enemy before they make it through by blasting the shit out of them with a warplightning cannon. Fuck if you lose some slaves or clanrats, it's that they're there for.

There should have been ships in the campaign map even if there was no real time naval rts section.

>anyone caring about naval battles or formations
>siege battles being significantly worse instead of better than in most TW games

>very detailed
I guess. The ship combat itself was really good with all the different weapons, ships, and magic, but the boarding combat was and is still extremely clunky and mediocre. All the sea creature encounters also played the exact same except with a different skin.

G O B L I N S

Reminder that Normal/Very Hard is the patrician difficulty.

This is your last warning.

>malekith sounds like gelt

wew lad

Probably 5-6.

Hellpit Abomination has always looked stupid as fuck to me, so seeing that they spent all the charlemanges on that and cut out Jezails & Ratlings was a bit disappointing.

I don't really understand their roster without those units to be honest.

What actually deals the damage? If it's only artillery than that's gonna be a pretty flimsy army.

is battle difficulty bugged? I play on hard campaign difficulty and in battles either on easy or normal battle difficulty they still have a difficulty modifier for leadership

I completed Very Hard with every faction for their achievements, now I'm just having fun in Normal. You can't have much fun in Very hard, you have to follow one or two optimal strategies that is laid on you.

2 or 3 I have liked skaven since I was 12
Roster is pretty good, ratling gun is the only thing missing I would want. Campaign mechanics are a bit odd. I like the idea of them living in ruins since the great horned rats plan is for them to destroy the overworld and live in their ruins. Food I wasn't really sold on until I saw it in action, I'm fine with it. I don't like the idea of skaven corruption, there's no human skaven cults or secret skaven like there's chaos cults and secret vampire they don't corrupt but destroy I feel like that should be replaced by being able to infiltrate enemy settlements instead or spread plague.

You should be able to build a fleet even if there are only 3 types of autoresolve. I would be happy. I understand why they don't care about naval stuff. In Napoleon only 0.4% of the playerbase ever played a naval MP battle.

>What actually deals the damage?
Artillery, monsters, doomwheels.

No, that's been fixed

The point is that siege battles are EXACTLY the same as the first game.

And the problem with siege battles in the first game is that ALL siege maps are exactly the same, with what are basically faction themed reskins.

You will continue to play the exact same siege maps you've been playing for 300 hours in Warhammer 1 despite it being a supposedly new game.

It doesn't matter if they've made the most functional siege maps of the series, if we've already played with them for 300 hours we're bored of them and want new ones for a new game.

>there's no human skaven cults
It's not about corrupting people,it's about corrupting the territory.

>tfw black arks probably won't even get a unique map

>not loving the Abominations
Seriously they are the most beautiful monster unit since the Varghulf and the Terrorgheist

I reckon they'll be a shit tier faction
>piss poor morale
>no killy infantry
>no cav units
>no decent missile infantry
>only large targets & flimsy arty to deal damage

>expecting black arks having maps
user it's just a bomb spell named black ark cannon

Sieges are boring in all TW games. They're sieges, you aren't supposed to be able to maneuver around or anything. The only thing I'd want to see if an AI that can properly shoot from the walls.

I think the exact opposite, CA will make rats extremely overpowered.
>clan rats and slaves that refuse to die or break
>stormvermin that are numerous and can go toe to toe with empire infantry
>doomwheels being way to fast to kill or tie down in combat.

>they are the most beautiful monster
Eehm sorry but no sweetie

That's what skaven is. I can't wait to play as them.

Wonder why they didn't do this? It's how they use to do it. I guess it would be kind of a waste considering how useless the sea is for most factions.

Do dorfs even have boats?

That would be pretty nice.

It'd be cool if attacking a black Ark at sea just causes a kind of land/siege battle, even if it doesn't make an awful lot of sense.

Would be really disappointed if my max level Black Ark gets attacked at sea and I don't even get a chance to defend it.

Maybe with a way to turn it off for individual units then, it'd be a serious pain in the ass to have to watch your every ranged unit so they don't start shooting through your good troops just because you or the enemy shifted position.

More Skaven Campaign Info
pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer-ii/total-war-warhammer-2-skaven-guide

>can spend food to immediately reach tier 3 in a settlement
>Skaven Corruption hurts you too
>New climate system lets you settle/occupy anywhere, but imposes penalties if you're outside your races preferred habitat
>Skaven have the widest range of climate tolerance
>your own lords have a loyalty meter can can rebel against you

I imagine and hope that some of its building options will be for naval auto-resolve strength.

There ARE ships on the campaign map, though they're strictly cosmetic for units moving across water.

Dwarves have iron-clads.

That's not new

>tfw any serious race penalties are going to be patched because reddit will cry immediately like with the Wood Elves.

newtome.jpg I went to bed
It's just growth and order I think

What they do with the WE? I played then at the launch and they were glass without cannon

>flimsy artillery
It may be many things but flimsy is not one of them.

That's what you gotta deal with, besides you shouldn't be putting your "good troops" anywhere near the artillery. Your good troops are there to clean up the stragglers and last line of defense against the enemy.
Stormvermin for example are meant to be used as bodyguards for your wizards/heroes/general and used to protect them, on their own they're still rather weak and throwing them head first into an unweakened enemy isn't particularly smart.

Now I doubt that's how it's gonna be anywhere near in TW:W but it is a big part of their identity that they have absolutely no regard for life other than their own, not even other Skaven.

didn't a lot of people complain about the monster animations?

The "no amber" debuff went from "no replenishment" to "-5% replenishment"

It is to anyone who relied on the OP for new info, now that retards apparently have decided that a shit OP is something to strive for.
All it'd take is a unit routing in a direction that puts a good unit in the line of fire. The vast majority of TW players could never handle that kind of micro.

Let's settle this.

strawpoll.me/13730691

I mean, that would make sense mechanics wise, but it's not very fun at all.

Chaotic shit happens on the battlefield, fanatics should also remain on the battlefield longer and provide more havoc for both sides and squig hoppers should start bouncing everywhere attacking anything (again both sides) they come in contact with. I understand how it's an issue from a gameplay perspective but it's a damn shame.

they'll make kislev playable too.

Looking at the gameplay preview the only terrain the skaven are bad occupying is High elven territory, one youtuberoccupied that little island to the southwest and it had a red circle

I cant wait to fucking play.

Also please post webms from skaven and other rosters. I want to see that hellpit abomination again!

shit

>faction unlocker to play as everyone
Oh lawd.

Yes, transports. Not military vessels, is the point.

>stormvermin that are numerous and can go toe to toe with empire infantry
Literally anything can go toe to toe with empire infantry though.

I reckon Skaven will be OP if Doomwheels are OP and if they're OP I reckon they'll get nerfed.

I can't really see how to balance doomwheels so that they're both fun but also don't murder entire armies of infantry.

Why does this game hate having armies so much?
Even at 100 turns in you can maintain two competitive armies at max and one of armies must sit at your capital because the AI backstabs you instantly when you see you are waging war across the map.

I have always loved warham, even collected figs quite a lot, but I have enjoyed TW warham less than Attila, Rome2 and Shogun2.

Anyone else feels the same? Maybe it's just my playstyle?

>mentions slingers (who fucking cares) and globadiers (ok, cool) but no jezzails
I'm sure the clan skryre DLC will have them and the ratling gunners but come on CA I wanted this shit on launch.

Doomwheels seem a lot taller than most chariots, so they may be easier to shoot.

Won't Skagen infantry just break at the minimum effort? Skaven slaves seem to apply the routing debuff to the rest of the army and plague affiliated troops seem to wear no armour at all.
How do you cope with a mass route, especially if you can't friendly fire? (What the hell CA, why is there no friendly fire for skaven?)

>you can fortify your little island as Orego and go crusade.

>one of armies must sit at your capital
What? Why would anyone do that?

>Maybe it's just my playstyle?
Yes, when I get going I can easily have 3-4 stacks.

If you take Red skills & appropriate techs your tier 1 troops can easily be viable late game and you only need a few elite units in your armies to take on the AI.

Also if you build walls you don't need to have shit round your capital.

A fully upgraded garrison on a minor settlement can easily take out a whole stack in a siege defence.

so exactly what the fucking is the hellpit abomination? a dragon with a ton of rats?

M8 I ended up with 9 armies in my last Norscan save.
6 when playing Empire.
The only faction that is quite limited is VC

>theres a fucking wheel in its ass.

Stuff of nightmares

You just build the garrison buildings everywhere so you won't need those guard armies.
Also raid and sack a lot to fill your coffers

probably a troll considering Hell Pit is in Troll Country

A ton of rats sown together with machinery, warpstone, magic and smaller rats inside of it.

Rock the... boat?

>the Skaven memeing was neccesarily all along
>CA needed to delay the reveal until they'd visited the Bank of Charlemagne to get a loan out for this fucker and flails.

Something called a "Blind Worm" the skaven experimented upon, with a fuckload of warpstone, skaven, some occasional rat-ogers, body parts and more warpstone.

Seems like Queek's gonna be the Skaven version of Grimgor. The other LLs will pick up the slack!

How come when this thing dies skaven slaves spawn from its corpse?