This is my 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500. I just bought it, and it set me back less than $5000...

This is my 2003 Mercedes-Benz E500. I just bought it, and it set me back less than $5000... let me explain how much car that is for the money.
It's got a big v8 and it's fast. (0-60 in 5.7), handles much better than you'd expect, especially in sport mode. The steering is HEAVY and feels just so nice after driving cars with light steering for years. And as a Mercedes that originally stickered for big money, it's... luxurious. The brand new air suspension can be pretty stiff in sport mode, but while in comfort it delivers fluffy cloud ride quality. And then there's the interior. Simply draped in leather and wood with a level of fit and finish that is nothing short of remarkable. the sound system is glorious, producing bass that shakes the car and levels of volume that will easily deafen you.
to everyone about to comment "a cheap Mercedes is the most expensive car you can buy" , I'm not as dumb as you think: this car is not like most cheap Mercs.
I picked it up from a wealthy business man who had meticulously maintained it for 15 years, and had driven it just 92,000 miles after he bought it new. He also did me a huge service by replacing all four corners of the air suspension which is what always goes wrong with these cars and costs huge money.
Overall, If I tried to explain just how much I love my 500 black Benz to a non car enthusiast, he or she would think I was a ridiculous person, but I have a feeling you all will understand :)

>TL;DR can we all agree this was a solid purchase?

>those ford mustang 5.0 badges on the side
Opinion discarded.

oh yes, I slapped those on for some extra agression, and to emphasize it's performance characteristics

Fire. I like your logic OP. Great buy!

It looks nice.
Regular interval servicing and maintainance is what makes them expensive.
Basically a nice throwaway car until something breaks.
Black is stupid to clean. ALWAYS looks dirty.

Why the fuck does Mercedes make heavy cars with big engines? You can accomplish the same with a lighter car and proportionally powerful engine. I never understood it, was looking at 70s cars on craigslist and found a bunch of Merc V8 roadsters and shit. They also have a ton of V12s I think nowadays. Why don't they do it like the rest of the industry bros?

It's almost as if they're Americanized krauts

You better have another $5k to fix the shit that goes wrong.... This year.

I predict a undriveable driveway ornament in 6 months.

>NA V8
Not much of a benz guy, but if that can can be an A to B car for 2 or three years, that's pretty good, even if the interior goes to shit.

Personally I wouldn't buy any non AMG, turbochaged Mercedes (that includes the new TT4.0LV8)

But if your fine with the upkeep then ya its probably a pretty solid purchase. I've driven a few V8 Mercs and they do pull hard. great low end torque.

OP looks like he claybarred and waxed tf out of it tho

Why pasta tho?

>Mercedes is SHIT for not making poorly made shitboxes, REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

you're the dipshit who said "i got muh tints, therefore i dont look like a retard anymore!" and you said you plastidipped your headlights?

Yeah, you're the master of "solid choices"

No he’s saying they’re shit for making obese poorly handling gas guzzling boats

I didn't even say they were shit. It's obvious they're luxury oriented. Although I prefer sporty bimmers

I'm dying to find this thing except as an estate!

Eithervthat or an S500 with reclining rear seats or a GS430.

Hell, I'd even get an E350 or an old W210 touring and do an engine swap.

>next week on Veeky Forums

HALP WAT DO?

just drive the car for a while lmfao the alternator will recharge the battery

I hope this is bait

>Why the fuck does Mercedes make heavy cars with big engines?

The same reason you see 30/40+ year old Benzes still being driven regularly and keeping up with traffic and whatnot. Why does heirloom china and stainless steel silverware outlast paper plates and disposable plastic forks and spoons, user? One is made to last for the ages and the other is meant to be cheap and thrown away soon

You fucking POS, wtf are those badges? Immediately KYS

This is coming from a W211 owner; I hate the fact that MB has/had such love for automatic transmissions. Why no manual option with any fun car like amg w211 etc? WHY?!

Nice gay badges faggot kys

Can’t wait until your shorty ghetto tints fail as bad as your plastifipped headlights

MB doesn’t make cars like that anymore.

They have fully e,brand planned obsolescence and product life cycles.

Yes, 40 years ago, you could buy a MB sedan at 27 and expect to drive it until you retired. But that ended in the early 2000’s.

That looks like a nice cruiser.

It was a premium tint with a lifetime warranty... ASSHOLE

better hope its not the one with a metal fuel tan/k. When that pump goes its 2/k. The way you describe it, you should have just gotten an old 500E. 211 IS GARGABE.

You’re gargbage

It really looks fucking bad.
Mercedes back then really knew how to make their cars look way older than they really are. Jesus christ.

um this is a 2002, looks pretty damn new to me roflmao