Importing an H100 Toyota HiAce diesel to the USA to use as a daily driver

> Importing an H100 Toyota HiAce diesel to the USA to use as a daily driver.

Great idea or worst idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=59grnM4dciI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how much?

A couple of thousand from auction.

Probably a few thousand more to transport it from Japan to the USA and then the port to my house, broker fees, etc.

Great van, just dont overpay

Just get a small Ford Transit

great idea if you can get it insured

Get one from yurop for the LHD, its not worth driving on the wrong side

But that's not JDM TYTE BRO.

But Ford Transits are pieces of shit.

driving on the right hand side is fun

I've driven RHD before and it's not difficult. Plus I live in a tiny town with barely any traffic.

just make sure to unlock the font hubs. you don't want all that inertia for daily driving.

They are reliable, RWD beauties. I drive them around every morning and they are quite agile, especially the gasoline ones. It's the most popular van in several countries for a reason

youtube.com/watch?v=59grnM4dciI

www.unusual-auto.com

Will import anything 1993 and older from theJDM. The company is in PA but will ship to any major port in the US.

don't you have vans in the usa

Which engine?

These are the best vans to ever have been sold in its class. The build quality was superior, the price wasn't too bad, 4WD was an option, tons of space and they were offered pretty much everywhere except for the US

I "daily" one as a work vehicle in the summer; 2.4 2L-T turbo diesel, AWD, three seats and long body. Its a fantastic van. Most of the families I know have had one at some point (mine included, and tons of families, folks and business still have them, not wanting to trade them in for something newer as its just so good that there isn't really a point

>not getting a Mazda Bongo Friendee just for the ridiculous name

yes but personally i prefer converse

We have vans trying to be other vans.

its basically a hyundai porter best car i have ever driven

Just get an VW diesel

I prefer this one.

That hiace and the hiace OP has pictured are built on different chassis, with different bodies, different powertrain, different luxuries and there isn't much shared at all.

The one you have there is called the grand hiace in my country and is often used as a taxi in my country to carry up to 7 passengers when the one in OP is just called the hiace and are initially built to fit 12 people but are upfitted to legally fit 18 people in the longwheelbase version

VW's are garbo, bro.

We had the "normal" HiAce until the Grand was introduced, replacing the normal version all together. If anything thats an even better van than the one I posted a photo of, both as a people-carrier and a workmans van

18 people in the normal long version? Shieet