What does Veeky Forums think about lightbars? Thinking about putting one on my Civic

What does Veeky Forums think about lightbars? Thinking about putting one on my Civic.

Other urls found in this thread:

rigidindustries.
youtu.be/rraeBET1gm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do it

Consider spending your money on literally anything else

Get something thats from an actual brand, and one that is some with realistic wattage & lumen

Mount it solidly, and make sure you can turn it off (I expect that you want to wire it to work with the high beams)

What size do you want, beam pattern, what country and budget?

There's no way you live somewhere dark enough to warrant a light bar.

Please shove it up your ass instead.

Seen people do this to fucking lancers and Subarus and it looks like fucking shit.

I actually yelled at the cunt calling him a dickhead and he just revved his POS car in defiance like that was going to accomplish anything.

I'm putting one behind the bumper in my focus, it's mostly just for fun but I frequently drive through sketchy Pennsylvania back roads where it'd be helpful.
Putting it behind the bumper means it's purely functional, and I'm not going to try and pretend my shitbox is a rally car.

They look like shit but work well I’m sure.

Unless its a truck, they really only look good behind the grille

Also mount it somewhere solid like on the bumper and not the plastic bumper cover if you can. I didn't cause I'm lazy

Round KC Lights > Gay ass light bars

>too poor to afford superior KC's and can only outfit myself with $10 Baja Blazers

Why is life pain? At least they're 100W

Light bars are so fucking ugly

I was going to reply with some smartass sarcastic greentext, but im really at a loss for words. I really don't know what to say. Do you realize what a lightbar is for?

Why is there no chance of that being the case?

Why do you guys seem to only think about looks, and not about functionality/utility?

I literally said I’m sure they work well. But he’s putting them on a civic. It’s gonna look retarded.

Sorry, the comment was a bit hastily cobbled up together

The argument still stands. Sure, they don't look "good" on cars like that, but they can improve your night time safety immensely

That's with the high beams. Further down the road it gets worse. There are also wild hogs that run around. Seeing those before they reach the pavement pays for the light bar itself.

Gayest shit since lifted trucks with crew cabs and small beds.

Drive more slowly.

High lumen homosexual indication device

Only faggots use them

>Drive more slowly.

Drive slowlier

Why do you need moose lights on a Civic?

Have you done a couple of simple mods first ?

Hate these things, I see them on tons of pick ups and semis now and they're incredibly blinding

Its a really good mod for civics because when your going 200 mph+ at night trying to steal dvd/vcr players you need all the road vision you can get.

Unless you spend your winters in rural Alaska you will literally never need it.

atleast get rally style lights, light bars only look right on offoaders

>drive slower.
I already creep around at fucking 15mph. I'm not in a school zone just in a civic on bumpy ass back roads. Light bar tucked under grille out of the site 90% of the time would be a huge change.

Fuck, how much more light do you need? Get your eyes checked

>2k18
>not having an LED bar on your car
>shiggy

As someone who goes around off road in the woods like this with my jeep, that's a shit amount of light. Being able to see more than 20ft makes a difference.

Fucking brodozers running light bars blinding anyone driving at them can go roll their truck into the river

If you go off roading they're acceptable. For niggers like OP who puts them on Civics they're retarded

What if op lives innawoods and has to drive his civic in the shitty back roads?

idk why but i like that. what model car?

Then his headlights are perfectly acceptable and he doesn't need it

Spoken like a true bus rider who's never driven in roads that are cut through woods.

2000 Elantra wagon

>What does Veeky Forums think about lightbars?
Cheap ones have LEDs that burn out after 30 days of several hours usage per day. Or the LEDs start to have different levels of brightness as they "burn in".

Like what??

>Not running KC Gravity LED 6" round lights.
Best of both worlds

Do it

The light is great at night.

When you're going down a country/bush road at night, theres no such thing as too much light. I've avoided crashing into deer just by being able to see further off the road at night.
>KC Gravity lights
Fuck I wish. Hard to justify the price of them even though they absolutely blow their halogen counterparts out of the water. Halogen fogs and spots on the Jeep it is for me. Lightbars put out a lot more light but I can't get over how cheesy they look on jeeps.

when the fuck are you going to be offroading in the dark in a civic.

Youre actually more retarded than stancefags if you want a lightbar

I have a lightbar on my pickup and I highly recommend getting one, especially if you drive a lot at night, I used to have 2 100w halogen lamps and 2 rigid dually flood lights and those worked awesome until i cracked the housing on the halogens, I put a decent lightbar on my truck and i am very impressed, especially because it was only $250 maplesheckels.
For your car I would suggest going with a single row lightbars, such as a rigid SR combo one, it wont stand out too much so someone wont want to steal it

Example:
rigidindustries. com/led-lighting/911313

my old setup. Worked awesome.

Saved me from wrecking my truck a good 2 dozen times within the first year because i was able to see the moose coming.
I believe I was talking with in a really old thread a year or so ago and he had a video of a huge ass moose sauntering out onto the highway.

Does anyone ever use these

My new setup now, I still have the rigid cubes behind the grille and they are by far the best light i've owned, put out a lot of light for what they are, if you dont end up getting a lightbar i would get a set of the dually floods and dually spots.

youtu.be/rraeBET1gm8
This one?

How are those Duallys? Considering throwing away the shit-tier 50w chink lamps I put on my mothers Subaru in favor of two of those, but I sorta think they'd not be enough on their own

that would be the one, and they are awesome, really bright for how small they are and they throw a lot of light, even though they are behind my grille the flood pattern of the dually overcomes the floods on the lightbar.
I highly recommend them.

my particular set are 4 1/2 to 5 years old now and still just as bright as when I first got them, and they have quite a lot of hours on them as most of the time driving home from work its pitch black.

I think they're fantastic. I've been saved countless times from hitting a kangaroo or deer because of them.
if you do a lot of night driving on country roads they're absolutely fantastic and worth the investment if they stop you from hitting even 1 big animal.

I'm really considering them now. Already have a 50" Radiance and really satisfied with it

for around $180-$200 USD you get 2 of the lights, a fairly long wiring harness, an inline 15amp fuse (fuse is provided), a switch, and stainless steel hardware, the switch that comes with them are really smooth too. A lot of people where I live take out their stock foglights, wire them into the highbeams and use them instead, even on the newer model trucks from what i've seen. a big reason i chose the Rigid lights is because of their warranty, couple people i know personally told me that the rigid lights are just a meme, but i still have the same set of lights and they've gone through as of yesterday 5 of their $35/pair chink pods from ebay.

and i realize i sound like a shill, but their stuff is built really well which is why i push it when people dont know whether to go with them or a different one.