What is the general consensus on EGR valves. And recirculating exhaust gas into the combustion chamber?

What is the general consensus on EGR valves. And recirculating exhaust gas into the combustion chamber?

Do you need to ask that?

I have a standard list of engine mods to unfuck modern engines, esp. the cucked europoorian ones.
EGR delete
PCV delete + catch can install
(Pre-)cat(s) delete
DPF removal
If applicable:
Swirl flap removal
This prevents nearly all carbon deposits on intake valves. I just place the cat and dpf back in for emissions testing. EGR valves *will* fail
>wat_racing_direct_exhaust_injection.jpg

Like turbos right

Aren't PCVs actually a good thing?

it's a communist conspiracy to destroy all ICE

In theory yes of course, the crankcase must have a way to relieve pressure. But those vapors contain some oil droplets which can stick to intake valves and coke up or attract soot from EGR, and coke up afterwards. A catch can traps the oil vapors from the PCV air.

It sounds like you don't know what a PCV is if you think a catch can is something you do when you delete a PCV. A catch can is literally just a can inbetween the PCV and the intake to catch the oil.

See
Yeah sure delete is a totally wrong way to put it. I meant to indicate that I stop oil vapors from being anywhere near the intake

The PCV itself is literally for doing that.

PCV doesn't re-inject shit into the intake. It pushes it towards a charcoal can in the back of your car.

How often should a charcoal canister be replaced?

No you have two ports in your cam cover. A breather, and a PCV valve (a one way valve)
the PCV valve lets blow by pressures work their way directly back into the intake, because those vapors contain harmful emissions and need to be run through the engine.
The Charcoal canister is for your gas tank.

Never as long as you don't overfill your gas tank and get liquid gasoline in it.

>mfw I have so much blowby that even my 42 Draft Design Stealth Catch Can can't keep back the oil
>doesn't know that older cars have the PVC running straight into the intake manifold

I don't know what to tell you. On my car the PCV valve has one tube coming out of the intake and the other end goes to the back of the car.

I think you're retarded.

I bet that thing must idle rough as fug man

My idle is none of your business.
I identify as a well running engine.

I bet you identify as some snowflakey euro i4 shit your trended fuck

As the other guy said, charcoal canister is for fuel vapours you clown. Possibility your fuel injection rail is internal to the valve cover?
>What is the general consensus on EGR valves
The first thing that should be disabled on a turbo diesel.

>PCV doesn't re-inject shit into the intake
It does when vapors get past the separation labyrinth though.