Is german engineering a meme? Are german cars really unreliable and hard to repair?

Is german engineering a meme? Are german cars really unreliable and hard to repair?

yes

>Is german engineering a meme?
yes
>Are german cars really unreliable and hard to repair?
no, only VAG products are unreliable, but not even them are hard to repair.

What’s wrong with VAG? Asking for a friend

They're unreliable cars, the fanbase is the absolute worst, and they're ugly as fuck. Also pointlessly expensive.

Access to various engine components tends to suck. A lot of cars are going that way though.

> Are german cars really unreliable and hard to repair?

Lol no. Plastic is extremely durable and wear resistant and most german cars only take 3 hours to get into "service mode" which makes repairs a breeze.

Man this looks like a fine mechanical watch, pure mechanical engineering. Sure a seiko quartz is going to be more dependable, but a Rolex is going to be more enjoyable.

Ok I will take your word for it

Not a meme. People of this board don't have any money even to finnance a used Merc or Bimmer.
>Oh my shit box honda has 215,000 miles it must be better than any german junk like a cls550 hurr
>n54? hur my 1.6l 4 is so much more reliable

If you think Op's image is ugly then you have your head up your ass. 80's sportscar thread is a few down, retard.

In 2 years of ownership my most expensive maintenance has been oil changes. But to meme is to dream amirite?

Only difference is you won't be faced with a 10k repair bill every 50k miles on your Rolex.

>People of this board don't have any money even to finnance a used Merc or Bimmer.

Financially smart and wealthy people buy or lease those things new and dump them after 2 years for a reason.

OP didn't post a vag shitbox though? are you retarded?

OP asked about German engineering
VAG is German

Are you retarded?

i don't know what you're on about, you replied to someone talking shit about vag cars with "yeah but look at this merc it looks good!"

how is a merc looking good relevant to his point about vag?

Actually, Rolex is more reliable than seiko, just as Mercedes were more reliable than toyota in the 80s, you can have both, it's just that Germans have become money whores

Unreliable /how/? can’t disagree with the rest though

They're no better than say a Ford, with the parts being 3x expensive

Also electrical gremlins out the ass, and certain engines having retarded designs so they blow themselves up randomly

exept rolex will go to hell and backand still work
>inb4 rolex shill
i wish

>What’s wrong with VAG?
>They're unreliable cars, the fanbase is the absolute worst, and they're ugly as fuck. Also pointlessly expensive.

didn't know mercedes is also VAG now.

>driving down autobahn
>get a puncture in my mercedes panzer
>pull over
>go to change wheel
>remember I have schachtellaufwerk
>spend 28 hours changing my wheels to replace the one at the back
>get back in my mercedes panzer
>start engine
>transmission bursts into flames

mfw

Because he's a newfag who doesn't even know what VAG stands for.

I work for Mercedes. I used to not like them at all. But now I've learned about what gets fixed and when and how much it costs. Honestly, not very expensive to maintain. The diesels are where they get you. They're solid, safe cars with hella innovative features. MB made most creature comforts we have now, first.

Also safety features. The newest models have a self driving mode, and knows when and how hard to use the brakes. For brand immersion they make you get in an e class and drive it in to a wall. The vehicle stops before you hit it. But don't touch any pedals. The second you do, it thinks you're alert and disengages the auto pilot

>The newest models have a self driving mode, and knows when and how hard to use the brakes.

lol so does a $22k Civic.

EZ PZ

Point made.
I still stand by them.

Do you stand by the ballance shafts, strawberry milkshakes, and air suspension?

Ironic coming from an butthurt bimmerfaggot.

The reason is taxes and wanting to drive a new car.

So he asks about the unreliability and you blame the fan base? Hmmmm

he asked
>what's wrong with vag
not "why are they unreliable"
learn to read, nigger.

Every manufacturer makes mistakes