Has anyone ever really heard of using pin stands to lift a car to do an oil change?

Has anyone ever really heard of using pin stands to lift a car to do an oil change?
Like you install them at a slant, and then drive the car forward to lift the front end off the ground.
Then the vehicle would be safely in the air to do the oil change.

Or would I just end up damaging my oem pin sockets?
How do you all do your oil changes?

What the fuck? Just raise the front.

I have a truck so i just crawl under and remove the drain bolt

no

Ramps or floor jack and stands. Pin stands look like an easy and convenient way to kill yourself.

My car is a bit low from the factory and it won't fit the floor jack I have. There is also not a front lift point that I'm aware of, so I would have to get two low profile jacks.
I don't think I can get it on ramps either because same issue.

just make a couple ramps from pieces of wood so you can get your floorjack under it.

Get different jacks or use planks of wood to decrease the slope of a set of ramps so you can clear it. How can there not be a front lift point though?

Apparently there is a front lift point on the engine crossmember. But I didn't see one when quickly looking under it last time I had the chance.

I guess I'll have to drive it on wood or something, it just seems like a bunch of work to just do the oil.

My 944 didn't have one, I had to jack it up one side at a time, which is a royal pain in the ass.

>Getting two jacks
Retard, just buy a single LP jack and two stands instead of spending $100 a piece on LP jacks. Jack one side of the car up, put it on the stand, then jack the other side up and stand that too.

Depending on what you can fit where you might also be able to jack it up at the inside of one front control arm or something like that. Depending on configuration, that might be close enough to the middle to do the oil or whatever else.

I figured this out after my jack points rusted far enough that the jack would just punch holes in them instead of actually lifting the car up.

If I could get a stock S2K up on regular rhino ramps you can use them on your car

Pin stands (sill stands) are standard issue in motor racing. They even use them out on stage in rally, which normally doesn't involve a level concrete surface. I haven't heard of a single instance where someone was killed due to sill stands in rally.

Do you drive onto them, stressing the stand structure beyond its designed limit? Then, lay under it?

this looks dumb as fuck. Just use ramps.

???? Assuming it's unibody just jack it up from the pinch weld, come on dude. Do you really think people put scissor jacks under their crossmember when they're changing a flat tire on the side of the freeway?

It has it's uses in actual racing but it's absolutely stupid for normal use.

What the fuck? Just use ramps

Well let's look at things like this, we have people who know what they know they are doing and use pin stands safely and then you have op

>It has it's uses in actual racing

gonna assume that its for quick tire swaps, not for normies to crawl under the car with.

>stressing the stand structure beyond its designed limit
look at the fucking engineer over here.