I would unironically rather a Hino 300 crewcab to a Ford f250 super duty

>Can tow more
>Cheaper
>Doesn't make you look like a tool
>Much easier to maneuver due to engine layout
>Has a more capable diesel engine yet more economical for towing
>Toyota reliabilty
>Is designed purely for work no question about it
>Has all you really need in a vehicle and won't cost an arm and a leg in the long run

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uk4FbEvt-Ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>looks like shit
>can't do a burnout
>women hate it
lol kys soyboiy

Except you haven't ever been in a F250 Super Duty if you say that. Its far more comfortable than what amounts to a box truck. Ford isn't stupid. Its more of a luxury truck that can haul shit if you need it to.

A Hino Box Truck is 90% work/10% comfort, a F250 Super Duty is 50% work 50% comfort

Depends on what it is for.

If it is for work specifically the HINO wins hands down.

The F-250 is if you spend more time not working than you do working.

If you think women give a shit what you drive, you're a soyboy

Interior still looks like fucking shit and is still made from the same hard plastic as the fleet special, anyone buying into the luxury truck meme is fucking delusional.

Also if I have work to do you bet your fucking ass I'm going to use the vehicle that's 90% work.

We have those Hino's and Canters here in NA and they're still like $70k. Which buys you a nice normal pickup which can do everything the Hino can. 160hp diesels don't really work on modern roads here. You sure as shit aren't pulling 15k travel trailer with that. You also can't go out to a nice restaurant with the wife in that fucking thing.

Well, the Hino's interior isn't that bad, plus it's kinda cozy.

Cab-over ride quality is shit. You're right over the front axle so all forces are transferred to you vertically instead of with a rotational vector like in a standard cab-middle layout. That alone makes trucks like the Hino unpalatable for long drives but there's also the generally spartan interior which many would find suboptimal compared to a consumer market HD pickup. The other problem is fuel economy. Yes, they'te both thirsty beasts but that Hino is going to chug diesel like a frat boy chugs Busch Light at any speed above 60.

If you're really going to use it like a work truck should be used, then there is an argument for the Hino or some such equivalent. However, if you're going to use it for a mix of day to day driving then it is far from comparable. Everyone seems to forget how civilised pickups of all types have become. The way they ride, turn, stop, and cruise is comparable to a modern sedan within the bounds of nornal driving speeds. Work trucks aren't like that at all. They beat you up with a harsh ride, wander and struggle at speeds above 60-65mph, and wallow in even the slowest maneuvers.

>implying I would ever buy a 4x2 truck

tl;dr the bigger vehicle is worse for work and only good for dicking around privately

Trucker/10

It's a 4x4, you can see it in the pic

then go buy one

This unironically.
Scooting around in a Izuzu cabover box truck was great fun. Only 190 hp, but 387 ft/lbs of torque meant you didn’t feel the box you were hauling. Plus it was so short, it was easy to maneuver and parkable.

Driving the F-350 box truck with the Powerstroke was a pain in the ass, even though the interior was much comfier. Too long and the engine didnt seem paired well with the weight. Struggled with hills.

This only works for pickups.

>cup holder next to steering wheel
We’ve been outburgered.

Only tasteless uncultured swines go to nice restaurants in pickup trucks.

Having the front wheels come off the ground every time you go over a speed bump is not "comfy".

The Isuzu NPR is literally my dream truck. With tinted windows, it would look like a beast

Sure thing chap.

americans are dumb thinking they need to spend a fortune on a giant chrome "truck" with "off road capabilities" and abillion tons of gadgets just to "haul" some fucking garden supplies or tow a tiny fucking trailer that any hatchback could tow.

car companies have got americans fooled on an amazing level

Do you plan on sitting on the dash, retard?

If I spend $70,000 on a vehicle I want to rub my bare ass cheeks on the dash and feel spoiled.

How does this happen in a cabover more than a conventional layout?

>Cant go out to a nice restaurant with the wife

Ahhhh the time old American "this is a better work vehicle because it is better at recreational activities and the girls think it is manly"

No matter how pretty it's feathers are. A peacock can't fly.

It's beautiful isn't it? Haven't you learnt about America and "Need" Yet?

Those cabovers ride horribly because they're a work truck on a SFA with stiff leaf springs and shock absorbers that's pretty much there for show. A modern pickup is designed to ride nice.

So instead of a nice pickup I need to have a big ass ugly truck sitting on my property and a 2nd or 3rd vehicle to do the same thing? Anything will fly if you swap a LS into it.

>Which buys you a nice normal pickup which can do everything the Hino can.

Those cabovers excel at load space and they are generally built for payload.

A Hino drump truck grossing 10 tons with a 6 yard bed has a 4 ton tare weight and a 10 foot long bed actually fits in the same foot print of an F-350 with an 8 foot, 3 yard bed and a 6 ton gross weight with a 3 ton tare.

There is a lot of steel in the HINO and mitsubishi compared to the 1 ton American trucks of similar wheel base and track

>doesn't make you look like a tool
>that ugly pignosed commercial POS
It makes you look like a fucking municipal slave. The pickup makes you look like a rich contractor.
I guess Veeky Forums just has a fetish for poorfaggotry.

You can get the Isuzu NPR with a chebby 6.0 in it, factory.

Most light duty conventional like an f450 are on coils but still have a beam front axle. When you go up to F650 you get back your leaf springs and then you actually start to truck

So is this the thread where we compare medium duty commercial trucks to light duty pickups?

>I need to have a big ass ugly truck sitting on my property
NIGGER PUT IT ON YOUR FUCKING COMPANY YARD THIS IS CLEARLY MEANT TO BE A WORK VEHICLE AND NOT A SUBURBAN COWBOY JACKOFF TOOL

Also fucking put stuff in it instead of driving it around empty 95% of the time, that's what work vehicles are fucking for, and it'll fix the ride quality.

I wouldn't hire a contractor that drives around in a Limited trim Super Duty for work. Clearly he
a) already earns enough money
and/or
b) has poor money control.

Europe is so cucked that our mall crawlers compare to their heavy commercial trucks.

You know most guys with trucks use them to haul themselves and their tools to work right? Not every guy with a truck works an office job. It's probably hard to observe that from gamestop though. What's wrong with a vehicle that can be used for work AND play?

>Not getting a big bad F650

Why would I buy a more expensive hino, again? They start at 50k with no bed of any sort. Why are you so triggered by someone else's vehicle? Post your vehicle and country so I can determine the amount of bias and hypocrisy you have.

>What's wrong with a vehicle that can be used for work AND play?
It's like using a multitool as a knife and screwdriver, instead of an actual knife and an actual screwdriver. It'll do neither particularly well.

It depends.

If you are building a large factory you want your contractor to spend his timing managing and not sweating pipe, mixing mortar, tying steel or plastering drywall.

That said a smaller contractor I would expect to drive a work vehicle and not his weekend cuckwagon

>Post your vehicle and country so I can start with personal insults instead of bringing forth any unbiased arguments.

Sure they do. Those people whom absolutely destroy your personal happiness by driving around not 100% loaded out all the time have boats, rv and campers, ATVs, motorcycles, tractors, and lawnmowers they haul around also.

Good luck getting a contracting contract on a $3m house if you pull up in a rusted out Tacoma. Most contractors are smart enough to write off what they can on taxes.

>Don't do this behavior I've been engaging in this entire thread, it would be unfair and hurt my feelings

gay

>buying something that big
>it can't take an RPG round

no thanks.

The most successful contractors I know drive X5's, Range Rovers and other luxury SUVs.

Their tools are their notepad, phone and the tape measure of whoever is close enough that has one.

In fact. The BEST contractor I know drives a RAV-4

Looks like is would have better overall visibility than the truck.

You clearly don't live in America. That's what a contractor would buy his wife. You'd get your ass laughed off the worksite if you rolled up in one of those Lattemobiles.

>Range Rover
>Most capable off stock off-road vehicle ever built
>Lattemobile

Kys please

Never heard of Hino. Is that an offbrand Isuzu or something?

Sorry, Kardashian kar.

You'll need a supercharger replacement or a tow when the shitty electrical system starts on fire before you even get to the trail. It's as capable off road as your average crossover or mall crawler truck. Get your head out your ass.

>Lattemobiles

As if this sissy hands "contractor" with a F350 who does nothing other than phone other people, is doing anything his wife wouldn't also be doing.

The actual workers arrive to work in some $1500 shitbox sedan.

>get's beaten by a 500 dollar Fiat tincan
lmao!!!!!!!!!

Most trades guys drive trucks because they make good money or the company provided van or truck.

>Directly behind the photographer is a highway rest stop with 4 picnic tables, an overflowing trash barrel, and a putrid crap shack

that would be the G class.

Rangie is too plebian and working class

>Laughing the boss and the client off the site

I don't think so skippy

I guess contractor means "pleb" in America.

>the actual workers arrive to work in some $1500 shitbox sedan
this is true, usually hispanics driving shitty civics or old pickups like pic related. the old chevy belongs to a worker at the site next door and amerisized trucks are for office workers in my building lol

I work as a design engineer for a contractor, we build multibillion houses; underground swimming pools, private cinemas; that stuff.

My boss goes around in a 2006 Toyota Avensis with 380k km on steelies.I drive a 2007 Civic hybrid.

It's a small company that started only 3 years ago but people find us because we deliver quality and we do what we promise on time; word goes around on golf courses.

tl;dr Customers really don't give a shit what you drive. If you have a good reputatution for what you do customers will find you.

When they do break they're hard to find parts for. I ran a hino 256 in Orlando and the only way I could replace parts was to get them from titan.

>You also can't go out to a nice restaurant with the wife in that fucking thing
>this unironically an objective requirement for a "work" vehicle
I'll remember this the next time a crewcab/shortbed midsize pickup thread rolls around.

Why does every truck have to be a work truck to you fags?

You're talking to the wrong person, I'm talking about the retards who claim that midsize pickups aren't "work" truck enough. Compared to a fullsize which is now apparently a luxury item according to this thread.

See once again not American. It's different here. People do give a shit about their image of the companies they're paying for.

So what's the point of a sports car? Race cars can be street legal why not just drive one to work? Surely you don't want something that can do more than one thing well.

>So what's the point of a sports car?
Dunno what fucking tangent you're running off on, but

Hinos parent company is TOYOTA.

>Most capable off stock off-road vehicle ever built

Really? I thought those claims belonged to the fight between the landcruisers, defenders and wranglers

the old "classic" range rovers were when they offered diff locks and not the computer controlled braking

The ones with the plastic "clean it by washing out with a hose" upholstery?

Yes those were pretty good. Not the one the other poster pictured.

Maybe... the one that Jeremy Clarkson had in Top Gear's South America Special is what I was thinking so maybe?

You certainly aren't getting that experience in any $70k European car anymore

Jesus Christ, even the low trims look like sissified luxury """""""""""""""rigs"""""""""""""""

>work truck trims have nicer interior than most German luxury vehicles.

Isn't capitalism beautiful?

yes

>doesn't post vehicle or country
Confirmed 3rd world bus rider

Yeah, front lockers, probably vacuum/manual lock.

It is actually more likely just a transfer case that you lock into 4x4. No free wheel hubs.

It already has a serious granny gear so I doubt it even has a low range.

I drove a few 4x4 Toyota Dynas and Isuzu forwards and that was there setup

that is a thermoplastic vulkanizate, so there is some rubber in them thar surfaces not just plastic.

lol range rovers aren't bad, but a Ford Raptor would shit all over it.

/thread

The door panels are 100% Faggot.

They do still have a low range gear.

>>Doesn't make you look like a tool
haahahahahahahahahah

I always cringe when going through threads like this but you've genuinely made me laugh.
your suggestion is so completely wrong, and you spew it with such typical confidence it has some humor in it.
as if truck trims are even in the same ballpark as german luxury vehicles. they're not even playing the same sport. Hell, they're on different planets.

Wrong

A peacock can fly you buffoon

You probably haven't been in a modern american truck or tried the German luxury cars we have here. Maybe luxury cars are different in Europe but here the quality is shit these days. The majority of domestic trucks and SUV's have nicer interiors than the $90k plastic laden luxury sedans.

youtube.com/watch?v=uk4FbEvt-Ec

Toyota is the main shareholder, with over 50% of the shares

Doesn't make it a toyota

No, but it makes Toyota the parent company, which is what said

While the two of you are arguing different things I have seen Hino Rangers sold as Toyotas

>main shareholder
I'll stick with my Volkswagen, thanks.

you think your f450 makes you look like what?

>peacock can fly
No, now stfu

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I don't know why you even care that much, but you chose the most extreme example of a parent and child company. Hino and toyota would be more comparable to seat and vw

A ferd, chebby or derdge pickup is essentially a fucking minivan with a bed in the back. Work oriented pickup trucks are only available as a fleet vehicle now.

Hard to imagine a more incorrect statement

T. Newfag

Seriously, they're all fucking trash now. Pickup trucks haven't been work oriented in decades.

Yes it can fucker

Where's the 420hp V8, 4x4, body on frame minivans at? What minivan can tow 12k lbs?

The base model trim on most modern trucks is pretty fucking spartan. If you need less than that import a fucking Tata or something. nobody's forcing you to spend $60k on a fully loaded truck.