Why are Miata drivers able to overtake cars with more power and grip at the track?

Why are Miata drivers able to overtake cars with more power and grip at the track?

Skill

no regard for their own safety since nobody cares about them

Miata drivers are suicidal so there's nothing to lose really.

driving near the limit vs playing it safe

This.
I don't drive a miata, but I can reach the full limit of my vehicle within my skill level, and without risk of financial loss.

Lot of bottom end power. You could say they are power bottoms.

>got passed by a Miata
Embarassing lads

Because owning a fast car doesn't make you a fast driver.

The chassis is pretty good, but I think it comes down to MX5s being cheap as fuck.
You've got some guy in a sub 2k track toy that he owns out right versus some guy in a financed 30k+ sports car. The MX5 driver is going to be pushing a lot harder because he has less fucks to give.

it's hilarious how many people don't understand this
i got stuck behind a fucking porsche 911 in my 4000lb 4 cylinder diesel the other day

I didnt know its forbidden to take it chill in your porsche. Totally burger mentality.

Newtons first law of motion keeps pig fat cars at constant speed in a strait line
Newtons second law of motion allows lightweight cars to change state more easily
Newtons third law of motion apples the equal and opposite of a corner onto pig fat cars

Are you sure it wasn't a Boxster?

>i got stuck behind a fucking porsche 911 in my 4000lb 4 cylinder diesel the other day

what do you mean? You were on a track in a 4000lb 4 cylinder diesel?

Because if you weren't then the 911 driver is in the right assuming he was under the speed limit (of course he was).

I always get stuck behind corvettes, mustangs, porches, challengers, you name it when I drive through mountainous areas on the freeway and it's usually civics, accords, imprezas, evos, that end up passing me
it's the
>I drive a fast car, better play it safe.
vs
>I drive a kinda fast car, I need to push it to be as fast as everyone else.

>suicidal tendies

It's because middle aged, midlife crisis guys buy a big, powerful RWD car to feel young again then they realize they've no idea how to handle it because they've driven Camrys their whole lives. So they drive like grandmas because they're afraid of their cars.

that too
and speaking of old people
why is it always a gold buick regal? I'm always stuck by some 80yr old at the lights.

I pass new mustangs in my cobra on the track.
Because lm driving like a fucking madman. Older men and more cautious drivers look at me funny. They think lm a god damn lunatic.

I spin, I defend, I attack, but most importantly I try to win.
So they ostracize me from the groups. And Ive just given up on racing because no one wants to be my friend but other lunatics...

I drive my mustang to the limit (constantly on the edge of squealing) , I had beaten 80% of miatas at the last autox

Curious enough a Miata won the entire autox beating a Porsche RS3 and several Caymans and 911s but they were all on street tires, the winning Miata was on slicks it wasnt even a contest had 7 seconds on the RS3 wtf

driver > car.

obviously there are so many other factors esp when it comes to the car and the type of track/race. But Miata's really do dominate in AutoX. No point in having V8 in autoX imo

how common are Miata's when it comes to drag racing?

exactly

they gotta do whatever they can to outrun their latent homosexuality and sadness

t. soyboy

>you have to be pushing the limits at all times when you drive on the public freeways
I guarantee not a single person you pass is impressed

did you miss the part where i drive a 4000 lb 4 cylinder diesel?
i tend not pass people

because
being light >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>power / torque

this is why motorcycles are such a force to be reckoned with while having a 7th of the power of what they compete with, lightness is key

What do you think you're gonna treat more carefully around a track? A (most likely) financed/leased brand new Mustang GT or some ancient Miata you paid 2 grand for?

Why would you take a financed/leased Mustang GT to the track in the first place?

They perform sexual favors in exchange for passes.

TIres can make a world of difference. Specially on light cars like a miata.

>Totally burger mentality.
>going 5 over on the highway
>angrily passed by boomer mcburger in F350000 because he needs to get to the office RIGHT NOW BECAUSE HE IS IMPORTANT AND HAS IMPORTANT THINGS GOING ON

I just wanted a pepsi...

>he doesn't push the limits
>he is trying to impress anyone

Fuck off soygoy pushing the limits is for your own fun not some fucking thots

I think there just well balanced and easy to drive fast. My buddy has a first gen an it really gives you the confidence to push it to the limit and even when it breaks lose it’s very easy to correct.

>Lot of bottom end power.
that is literally the opposite of a miata
you're thinking of those 10L v8 american cars

Skill>handling>grip>power

Because we're all mad cunts who drive past out limits in gay little sports cars. You should buy one user.

>latent homosexuality

Hey I said no homo after blowing that dude, it's just being friendly!

thats just called being a bitchfaggot user

>30k 'sports car' getting spanked by a gutless 2k 1.6 on the track

Sports car lmao.

>10L
I know it's hyperbole, but the largest American production car (never saw any truck chassis) engine was at 8.2L.

Because they weigh about the same as a fat kid on a bicycle.

because other drivers know their limits and don't behave like faggots. not everyone on the track is a good driver, but people are always nice enough to not block faster guy.

i once took 75hp shitbox for some fun on a small track. i was overtaking way more powerful guys - more casual drivers don't know how to take the corner properly, so they just let you pass. and then you let pass this 300hp audi that overtakes you five times every 15 minutes

Same reason I've beat mustangs and vetts in street races.
I'm not afraid of crashing my shitty corolla, if I wreck it I simply buy another.

Fast cars attract posers, drivers cars attract drivers

>how common are Miata's when it comes to drag racing?
Well there is atleast one.

>I drive a slow as fuck car, I need to push it to be as the same as everyone else.

ftfy

M O M E N T U M
O
M
E
N
T
U
M

The fastest car in the world is a rented Fiesta.

That’s a fast fat kid.

It's a good bike

Pig fat cars?

How do you pay for your new legs and spine in a land without free healthcare? I think thats more expensive then your new corolla amerifat.

too bad they own literal cuckboxes lol

1. Miatas don't weight much
2. Miatas have small tires, meaning their tires are cheaper or they get better tires for the same price
3. Doubble whishbone on all 4 wheels
4. 50:50 weight distribution
5. They are cheap, so it doesn't matter that much if they crash

No one wants a homo riding right behind theor arse.

It's not gay if balls don't touch

Going bumper to bumper with another man is 100% homosexual. This also handily explains Audo drivers.

Get out of here Miataphobe. It's 2018.

God hates Japs.

when does this ever happen?