pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
>Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/thomasducrest/albums/86371
artstation.com/aurel/albums/61637
youtube.com/watch?v=7YGXDYWCyoY
youtube.com/watch?v=MtiVeQHbiGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for our visionary emperor ZELEVAS

I'm thinking of removing all the Stellaris links from the OP.

Sure. Can you explain the reasoning?

Deport them back to /gsg/, Make /civ4x/ Great Again

I second this motion.

As much as I hate Paradox, however, /4xg/ will be fucking ded without Stalearis posting.

Triggering people and getting them to make new threads. I must maintain my reputation as a really awful person once in a while.

You just need to post more and make it clear its you thats posting, you generally make it clear you're an awful person even when you're not trying

shit almost missed the new chapter

>make it clear its you
What does my you have to do with anything?

The manga is really taking its sweet time, isn't it? At this rate, Overlord will be over before she's out of the Labyrinth.

Who are the Tall races of Endless Space?

The Concrete.

Cravers

What should my first 100 Turns in Civ 6 be like? In 5 I would aim for 3 cities, finding and improving iron, and gathering faith to start spreading religion asap. I don't need to do the exact same shit but I'm curious what I should start focusing on in the beginning stages.

How many realtime 4x games are there?

There's DISTANT WORLDS, Sins of Solar Empire, DISTANT WORLDS, Stellaris, DISTANT WORLDS, Empire at War, and DISTANT WORLDS.

There are also some RTS, but I'm not sure which one can be considered 4x.

I think you forgot about DISTANT WORLDS. But other than that good list.

fuck off you piece of shit

Horatio needs to be bigger

How the fuck do i properly play Vox Populi?

I'm always behind in culture, I'm always behind in production, I'm always behind in technology, and I'm ALWAYS behind in GPT.

I palyed brazil to see if i could get an adavantage on culture - nope, still behind a bit.

I played venice to see if I could get an advantage on GPT - nope, Sanctioned immediately by a civ that never met me, aside from that i had no GPT without it anyways.

Seriously, fuck this mod, how do I do better?

Is it ever worth it to pump happiness in order to increase productivity? I uplifted these natural physicists, and I'm considering giving them a lot of goods.

What difficulty are you playing? Go to settler to get a hang of the game.

The benefits of 100% happiness always outweigh the costs
1 mineral world pays for utopian abundance on an entire empire

These guys are so fucking lucky we're allies or I would genocide them for stealing this potential colony from me

4x games tends to have that.

Chieftan, thinking it was the "new" prince difficulty based on its description

yes, get to 100% happiness however you can, if you can.

note that utopian abundance might not be the CHEAPEST way to get 100% happiness, there might be other ways.

sins is a rts

maybe you should just fuck off forever

spider guy heel turn.

did not expect this.

Stellaris fags.

How the fuck do I stay competitive without using either authoritarian or egalitarian (+resources+influence)? Because Im sure as hell out of ideas.

I don't get the spider thing.

You don't, because the game is not balanced, despite Paradox trying to make it as boring as possible.

Please DO bully the Riftborn

>ES1
automatons, maybe pilgrims
>EL
cultists, allayi
>ES2
vodyani

You don't need to be egalitarian to practice democracy.

Stop, they dindu nothin'

Democracy is overrated.

Yo guys for 1.7.x 1.6.2 w/e

What mods do you use for terraforming barren worlds, adding more ascension perks and other good basic thing that are compatible with each other..

Right now I'm using improved megastructures, a mod that adds a single new megastructure and Plentiful Traditions which all seem to work fine with one another and made the game a little better..

>still no Stronghold spinoff

How do you play the Horatio? Doing everything to absorb/import other people and integrate their pops? Also does anyone have the Horatio loading screen image? It's fuckin' baller.

This is the powa of superior Japan science.

Eat other factions of worth to make Horatio more beautiful.

How do you improve perfection?

Eat lesser species.

ded

>two MENAN people and a bunch of Europeans

It's funny that Beyond Earth was full SJW in all the worst ways (like the Brazilian dictator having a Spanish name) but then CIV VI is retarded in the opposite direction

Whats at stake is resource and influence gain, not some roleplaying bullshit.

I wish stellaris allowed us to set up caste systems based on phenotypes and/or gender

you start with an ecologist senate; this means that you have access to all the juiciest colonization opportunities from the very start of the game. use this to your opportunity and settle as many good systems as you can, getting that prime real estate before anyone else has a chance to gobble it up
with that said, it may be tempting to use your probes to scout for more systems to colonize; this, however, is a trap. horatio benefits far more from exploring anomalies with his probes than sending them out to scout, as anomalies have a not-too-small chance of getting you a free minor faction pop.
while you may be tempted to go on a wild spree, splicing everything that you get your pristine little hands on, consider what other empires are in the game and how valuable the target is before you hit that button. while the +5% food consumption is minor enough to ignore most of the time, the fact that subsequent splices will require more population is something to consider. for this reason, it may very well be a wiser decision to hold off on getting another +3 food off of, say, your niris, when there's some very tasty vodyani parked just a few systems over. also, don't blow a gasket if you're afraid of getting excess population from the undesirables of the galaxy; you get a unique tech later on that enables you to convert non-horatio into horatio, perfect for tying up loose ends. always remember: though you want to splice everyone, order and priority matter!
your ships cost more to make than any other faction; a side effect of them being the most gorgeous ships. this truly only makes an impact in the early game and in protracted wars of attrition; because of this, you'll want to make fleets earlier than you normally would, and make a habit of maintaining a standing force so that you won't have to make many replacements on the fly.
the only last little tip i have is to consult my horatio gene splice guide; it has almost every splice bonus listed.

Thanks user. Kinda bummed that pic doesn't come in a higher resolution.

i have a better version of it on my computer, but i'm not getting on until tomorrow

Gotta admit, kind of bummed you can't customize the special SSD. Thing's stuck with Hyperspace when I already got the jump drive from the Unbidden. Everyone give the Awakened Empires a huge round of applause for bringing those assholes here.

Also, how long do I have until this "Coming Storm" hits once I get the notification? I don't think I've got the firepower to handle two Unbidden factions (who both border me) along with another crisis.

artstation.com/thomasducrest/albums/86371

I thought FE's couldn't make the Unbidden show up.

S'all good user. Thanks for the advice. This gene splice guide is a great way to avoid surprises.
>started game
>next to Gnahast
Praise Horatio

Then one of the other Empires got the Jump Drive, cause I have no idea who else could have brought them here.

>Prethoryn Scourge and Unbidden
I've never had to deal with multiple crises, looks like fun.

Forgot there was another half.

artstation.com/aurel/albums/61637

>latest dev diary is about new music

So basically this DLC is going to be halfassed and they're relying on cosmetics to sell it?

like this

I think all Paradox teams are laying low after the mega shitstorm the Dragon Throne announcement caused.

Guys, what's your opinion on Eador?

youtube.com/watch?v=7YGXDYWCyoY

I fucking love Eador Genesis, it does some horrible things to my free time. Tried Masters of the Broken World and while it's pretty and whole it also plays a lot slower (who would've thought I'd prefer a game with no animations) and it just sucks.

Leviathans and Utopia had dev diaries dedicated to the music (well, Leviathans was new sounds in general) so this ain't anything new. Stellaris's soundtrack is definitely one of its strongest points so it makes for them to dedicate a dev diary for it.

>the mega shitstorm the Dragon Throne announcement caused.
Do tell.

Good day /civ4x/ :3

youtube.com/watch?v=MtiVeQHbiGg

>mega shitstorm the Dragon Throne announcement caused.
Give me the rundown?

The most recent DLC for CK2 was confirmed to be China, which had one of the most vocal anti-factions of the community. So to keep from upsetting the anti-Chinafags, they half assed it (China's an off map entity that can invade you whenever but you can't invade back), pissing off the Chinafags and doing nothing to placate the anti-Chinafags because they wanted absolutely zero China in the game (there's some flavor events involving China as is and it's a major sore spot).

The entire community melted down and in about a day, the dev diary of the announcement was 30 pages (the average page count for a CK2 DD is 5) filled with nothing but people bitching at Paradox and each other.

Wait, why do people hate China ?

Rate my interchange.

>the dev diary of the announcement was 30 pages
Hot damn, Wiz's misogyny shitstorm only hit like 20something in total.

Depends on who you ask. The two major reasons given are fear for performance (Rajas of India fucked things up for a while), and "the name of the game is CRUSADER kings."

I didn't want to talk about C:S anyway.

So best strat naked corvettes
Alternative for fleet cap efficiency M plasma cruisers with 1 KA

What's the best defense station build in terms of efficiency?

>building defense stations
>being on the defense

Dumb anime poster ;)

Because China deserves it's own game, like Sengoku.

would bang.

that said I can't help but prefer incoming & outgoing traffic to be separate bridges

Because where is muh playable theocracies, holy orders and mercenary companies?

One that fucks with FTL so you can bait and drop your corvette cocks right on them.
It's advisable to build fortresses in the capital system, yeah. FE/AEs have a tendency to bullrush the empire's capital and ignore everything else.

So I'm new to endgame crisis in Stellaris and since waging wars with my inferior neighbours got boring I thought it's about time one occurs.
When do they start? I know some have requirements, like the Unbidden only shows up / is more likely to show up when you got the jump drive.
Also, is there a diplomatic option to form temporary alliances against e.g. the Prethoryn Swarm with enemies?

Unbidden can show up after somebody gets jump drives. The AI loves going after that, so these guys are the most common crisis.
AI uprising only shows up if there are lots of synthetics and they don't have civil rights. There is even a special event to make it impossible to start in your empire. It can occur in other empires which infect your happy synths though, so there is no way to be safe.
The Prethoryn just have a timer that gets set at the start of the game. I don't think they can show up before 2300 and there is a chance that they won't show up at all.
Desperate alliances aren't really a thing and your rival will happily fight you while they get eaten by the swarm. Sometimes a FE will awaken and act as the guardian of the galaxy, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's like a 50% chance at best and only the xenophile and materialist FEs can even do it.

I'm fairly certain that any FE can Awaken now.

>Note: Since version 1.6, defense stations have to be spaced further apart than the longest weapon range, which makes it impossible to build Deathflowers in the current version (as of 1.6.1).

I just found this out while playing... well are military stations 100% useless now?

>tfw nowhere to talk about C:S

Is the mass transit DLC any good?

China was never involved in any major interactions with the Middle East or Europe which India and East Africa did in the form of Muslim punching bags. China wouldn't add anything useful to the game and would be even more isolated and irrelevant than India was in game.

On top of that non-European political systems are already poorly modeled as is, China would just add to that

Additionally the game already ran like shit before

Fuck off faggot

That's fucking retarded. I mean, I gave up on CK2 a long time ago, but China is insanely big, it should have its own game instead of being forced in CK2, who's already bloated enough as it is.

Wiz is a faggot. Go play Distant Worlds instead.

>Wiz is a faggot

I like the cult.

Can Planet Coaster let me build the Media Dimension?

honestly if DW 2 has multi Ill never play stellaris again

redpill me on distant worlds, I only hear people say that its much better then stellaris but how.

I'll try.
>real time strategy
>you don't buy leaders, you get them by random events
>they make experience depending how you use them (a counter-spy won't level up in infiltration, for example)
>you don't use energy, you use credits
>and you don't spend 120 credits on a corvettes, it's more like 120 000 credits
>you have a shitload of ressources, including fuel
>the galaxy is HUGE, and divided in sectors
>you can pretty much automate everything, kinda like in Left 4 Dead where you can give command to a bot while you take a shit
And the strong part of the game :
>your civilians react to the economic situation : if you lack aluminium, they'll buy mining ships from your port (giving you ยค), and mine alluminium to sell it to you
>you can build resort stations to try to make money in good looking places, like near blackhole or by near
>the civilian sector has its own economy, and the more you tax them, the less it'll grow

Oh, and also :
>it's pretty old, which means no FPS issues
>all expansions are already out, no shitty cosmetic DLC
>you can control every ship, so you can have a long-ranged missile ship stay away from the brawl
>you can warp whenever you fucking want (I would suggest warping on an enemy fortress, I lost many ships that way)
>you can board enemy ships and sell or research them
And finally :
>one of the expansions let you play as a pirate empire
>which means a totally different gameplay, since pirates don't have a civil economy to tax (unless you take over a planet), and instead get money by killing/destroying/raiding/boarding
>in other words, playing as a pirate encourages you to be a pest
>and since pirates have their own victory conditions, you can theorically ally with a normal empire

So what are the next best things after naked corvettes?

Playing with that build it's fucking boring.. tedious experience.