/etg/ - Ethereum General

In this thread we friendly discuss Ethereum and its currency Ether.
Ether is a decentralized cryptocurrency which provides many possibilities. For more information check the website or wiki or ask in this thread. We will help with any query.

ethereum.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum

Wallet:
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases

Online Wallet:
myetherwallet.com/
ethereum-wallet.net/

Where to buy Ether?
kraken.com/
coinbase.com/
poloniex.com/

Currents Stats:
trade.kraken.com/kraken/ethusd
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/
cryptocompare.com/coins/eth/charts/USD

Feel free to complement this general. You find the template on Pastebin: pastebin.com/RVtXew5h

Other urls found in this thread:

dapps.ethercasts.com/
cointelegraph.com/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.13040
youtube.com/watch?v=TDGq4aeevgY
youtube.com/watch?v=fbEtivJIfIU
gyazo.com/ed3df5814c6398decfe307f5b57a7d1c
gyazo.com/5f0e8eaa009d7b2e22f0e5ac242e0746
gyazo.com/bb007f186be29303f89435765cdee64d
gyazo.com/0b130f94875306643aee03346c0953d4
gyazo.com/98f7b8a41fd7a8db960a595c271e0287
gdax.com/trade/ETH-USD
poloniex.com/exchange/#btc_eth
gyazo.com/0c734bb08f1aa49a1bb479f2c63c72b1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The train already took off. Lisk is superior. Where are my lisk shills?

Should I buy or too late?

Now's a good time to think about shorting probably

idk should you? will a $5 dip matter when its $100+?

Is it possible to trade in contract for derivatives for Ethereum? If so where?

So what makes ETH better to the average person than Bitcoin?

PSA: This will be your last chance at buying Ethereum before it explodes to 100 USD. Missed the bitcoin train? Don't fuck up this time.

Some info:
Ethereum has improved every technical aspect of bitcoin combined with having a built in programming language for infinite versatility. You could run an election on ethereum through smart contacts and it wouldn't be possible to even claim that "the election was hacked" as you could just check the code and pseudonymous transaction list yourself. Ethereum will also be the ultimate escrow service rendering banks completely useless. Want to bet with other 4channers anonymously about what outcome topic X will have? Make a smart contract that will release the money to the winner once the outcome is settled.

The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (Microsoft, Intel, JP Morgan, Deloitte etc) are currently in the process of building decentralized applications (dApps) on top of Ethereum. All of this will increase the value of Ethereum by an absurd amount. Some of their prototypes will be released here:

dapps.ethercasts.com/

Other Ethereum related news can be found here:
cointelegraph.com/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.13040

You can get Ethereum from coinbase or Kraken. Or buy bitcoins at localbitcoins.com and trade it for Ethereum on Poloniex. Visit Veeky Forums for general Ethereum discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=TDGq4aeevgY
youtube.com/watch?v=fbEtivJIfIU

ETH is a premined scam. Enjoy.

They died of fucking poverty

I want to buy Eth on Kraken but I can't get Tier 3 verified to deposit my funds, do I have any other options?

So i create my wallet thn what

Yes, there is.

So how much will 1 ETH buy me in processing power?

does tier 3 allow me to deposit via my bank account or preferably debit card?

It's happening again!

Buy btc at localbitcoins and trade for Etherium at poloniex.

rip eth

how do i buy eth , i can only buy at btc at coinbase

correction: rip eth as we know it.
to infinity and beyond we go

i had the same problem yesterday. try downloading the app on your phone and signing in, i don't know why but it worked for me

>Ethereum just hit a new all time high
>Nocoiners still haven't sudokued

VITALIC BTFO

how long do you think this bubble will last? Bought a couple shares at $12 and now buying more.

How far can we pump this memecoin? To the moon!

how can i increase my spending , I want to buy 1k worth of eth , but i have a limit of $100 REEEE

Buy btc and trade for ethereum on poloniex.

fuck coinbase..I want to buy $500 more where can i buy?

Localbitcoins and trade at poloniex.

>tfw you guys kept telling me to buy back in december
>never did because I didnt want to give some shady ass company my photo id and credit card info

At least if i buy this time it will be ~$100. If its got bitcoin potential of $1000 + ill still see an increase of 900%

margin trade my man

thanks for the insight you fuck

>has more than doubled his net worth in a week
>btfo

>was going to buy at 50cents
>credit card got declined but was too lazy to call bank

suicide watch

is poloniex a scam? I am unable to withdraw any currencies, they rejected my withdrawal and said there is an urgent message at my profile page, I check it and it says to link other accounts to my main one, but I don't have one, so they say to create a support ticket, so I try and log into the support forum and it won't accept my details, so I ask a mod, they say that I need to reset password, so I do, and it fails to send me a reset password link, so they say I have to create a new account to be able to create a support ticket for my first one

seems like an elaborate way to force me to make multiple accounts and link them

also seems suspicious that they would deny the withdrawal that was within the limits to begin with

has anyone actually used poloniex to withdraw CC or USD to completion?

Anyone have an answer to this?? I need to buy more eth I'm maxed out on coinbase

>Kraken
>Verification may take up to 48 hours.

Is this accurate?! I'm only going for tier 2 verification.

what does this mean, sell little bylittle n keep buying what explain, im a programmer not chad REEE

also buying bitcoin n trading it for eth seems hard 2, mayb in the weekand ill do it

44 FUCKING DOLLARS A POP
FORTY FOUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR

Has anyone been able to successfully withdraw funds from polniex?

no, you can borrow other peoples btc with urs as collaterall to buy more eth, see the margin trading tab on poloniex

Tier 1 took me less than 1 hour.. not sure maybe just 20mins

Get 20 deposited from buying at 20 by end of day tomm my body is ready

Have you actually been able to withdraw anything from poloniex?

At this point it feels like I am being scammed, they keep denying my withdrawals. Why have a minimum limit that just requires email verification if its not accepted?

I haven't tried

maybe buy eth and send eth to a different service?

I'd think cash in and out is their hardest job now

Yep, successfully withdrawn BTC, ETH and DASH.

It's going up again please lads help me out

They won't even let me withdraw ETH. Getting scared with all these double orders and the like, that they are moving towards "getting hacked" and losing the majority of people's CCs.

Buy btc at localbitcoins and trade at poloniex.

yup, 13 ETH to coinbase, took 1 minute

Are you verified?
It's probably because they keep declining my withdrawals and the support system won't let me login that I feel like you guys are poloniex shills.

right now they've had $100 million in exchanges between btc-eth in the last 24 hours

a couple months ago it was 10-20 million
they're probably a little overwhelmed

they're a little company out of delaware, I'd think the owners would rather be rich out of being the biggest eth exchange instead of being in jail for federal felonies

Programmer here, check ur emails u prob trigger a theft detection or some sht thts causing ur account to stop working, keep in mind this guys are not big banks thy dont have a team of programmers ready so thy prob havemt encounter the bug tht u caused tht will allow thm to send a clear message to u of whats wrong

Got tier 2 verification within an hour. Not sure why it was so quick.

cheers for the help guys, just feeling uneasy with having 70ETH online

>$45.62

That didn't answer the question

wow. at 50 cents by now you couldve been a millionaire.

>46.39

Man there shit isn't even working, created a new account as directed to by the mods so I can create a support ticket for my main account but the confirmation email isn't showing up

checked all junk / spam filters and folders, nothing

ease up on poloniex niggers, its so overwhelmed its not even working right now

double or triple orders, some are reporting
inability to access the support forum
inability to verify new accounts
inability to withdraw funds

wew

every dollar it goes up thats $250 for me im at $5300 profit now this is greatness, anyone tired of winning yet???

It's still going up holy fuck please somebody answer my question

sorry its 2 late wait for dip this weekend it will happen

We'll never be tired of winning, sweetheart. That was Trump's biggest lie.

>dat der resistance @45

what is the best real time chart?

WE ARE LAUNCHING BROTHAS

i bought eth at 31$ and i have no clue where it is im new to cryptocurrent i bought it using the wallet in this menu gyazo.com/ed3df5814c6398decfe307f5b57a7d1c and its not anywhere to be found screenshots gyazo.com/5f0e8eaa009d7b2e22f0e5ac242e0746 gyazo.com/bb007f186be29303f89435765cdee64d this was in my email i sent it to my account gyazo.com/0b130f94875306643aee03346c0953d4 gyazo.com/98f7b8a41fd7a8db960a595c271e0287

I remember when $12 and $13 felt high and risky.

gdax.com/trade/ETH-USD
has a good market depth chart
poloniex.com/exchange/#btc_eth
is the biggest market

>70ETH
$3,000 is chump change

We're only just getting started

Its not in my wallet on the account so idk what to do im freaking out help pls lmao :((

Anons, what price are you waiting for before you sell?

Myself I'm going to wait for it to start dropping more than 10$ and then I'll sell (and probably buy back in then wait out the dip, repeat). Whenever that may be

$1000
that will get me around $200k

if you know the address you sent it to, check it on etherscan.io

>tfw bought at $16 and again at $35

>etherscan.io
yes i have it thank you user how do i access it tho
gyazo.com/0c734bb08f1aa49a1bb479f2c63c72b1

THAT DOESNT ANSWER THE QUESTION

Buy btc at localbitcoins and trade at poloniex. Also: Depends on what country you're in. I deposited with kraken via SEPA and it took 3 days.

Good lord you people are useless... that's not even what I'm asking

We're telling you a better way to do things.

>localbitcoins
>better
now i know you're just meme-ing

Will the 50 ETH I'm expecting to arrive tomorrow be enough for the /moon-mission/, or should I get more?

I've created an api key for my gemini account

what does it do?

halp me Veeky Forums
what is the difference between the key and the secret?
what is it for?

What do you think?

MOAR. We're not even half way to the moon yet!

is there any way to deposit USD to kraken through my bank account or debit card?? i don't have time to wait for a fucking wire transfer and localbitcoins is trash

yeah its nothing, Im holding for a year at least but then again its 3k sitting online and they just told me to change my fucking ISP to be able to login to the support forum with my new ID that also doesnt work so that I can get a support ticket that allows me to withdraw it to my own wallet

I mean that says it all

Cant withdraw? Create a support ticket.
Cant login to support? Make a new account with a new email.
Cant login with that new account? Try another ISP.

Its ludicrous.

im in the same problem using fucking coinbase

Beginner questions here: I have 11k to invest and I could have around 49k soon and I need to know how to get bitcoins to trade for ethereum. I'm on localbitcoins and I can find lots of people trading for cash but I don't want to walk to my car with 10k in my jacket and I don't even know if the bank would let me take that much out. I have a feeling the teller would say I'm only allowed to hold 2-3k of my own money. Also, what are the consequences of withdrawing 10k in cash? Do I have to fill out some forms? Does my account get frozen and I go to jail for trying to move my money in the most basic way possible? I've read the obvious stuff about this online and so far it looks like I just get put on a list which doesn't bother me. I just want to know if there are better ways to buy bitcoins. I've heard the stories about buying hundreds of ethereum in a day so how did you get the bitcoins to buy the ethereum? I don't want to buy 1k USD of bitcoins 10 times because that could be structuring or something.

Should I just settle for investing much less than I can just to avoid the huge withdrawals necessary to start buying?

try somewhere other than Poloniex whatever you do - I haven't been able to withdraw, or even create a support ticket so that they will look at why its happening:

I've been asking the same thing for hours on all different threads and still haven't gotten an answer....

Sounds like Mt. Goy all over again

How long are you planning to hold?

why poloniex? why not kraken or bittrex?

You don't need to be Tier 3 verified to though? I purchase BTC while on Tier 2. Tier 3 has been in processing for a while now...

now thats scary
I was able to cash out of mt got before anything went down
Scared I've been screwed by poloniex here, they are telling me to go in circles:

can't withdraw because I need to merge my accounts (I only have one)

can't login to support to create a support ticket to have someone actually check my shit so that I can withdraw my ETH, BTC, USD

they tell me to make a new account to create a support ticket, I do

new account login also fails to get into support

they tell me to change ISP
they tell me to check another PC

to be able to login
with details I used to login and ask them why I can't login to support

all the while, they hold onto all my CC

this really is starting to look like a scam

Got Tier 2 verified by the time I was finished filling the Tier 3 application. Crazy fast for me.

Kraken verification is taking days?

What's wrong here?
Is it because I'm in the US?

I withdrawn about $300 from them, yes.

Get you holdings out of Poloniex ASAP.
A mod on another forum has said that they are being audited and their servers are under government control.

how's bittrex?

I don't want kraken