Just test drove a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. Steering was floaty as fuck...

Just test drove a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. Steering was floaty as fuck. Felt like I had to constantly give it micro corrections to keep it straight. I don't know how people live with these things on a daily basis.

Huh. I drove one as a rental once a few years back and even though it wasn't the tightest thing in the world it was largely pleasant.

>I don't know how people live with these things on a daily basis.
Women aren't people. It's usually mostly women who drive these nu-jeeps nowadays.

Yeah it's a Chrysler product. The steering is probably out of a dodge caravan or something.

They feel fine, stop being a pussy, bitch

i don't care what anybody says. that fucking thing is not a real "Jeep" they need to call it something else.

Yeah, jeeps have a shitty on-center feel for steering. Like if you turn the steering wheel 10 degrees to the right, it just kinda gets stuck there.

Cars with good steering will always return to centre quickly, no matter how small the turn angle of the wheel.

The JL is brand new, you likely drove a JK

Did you by chance see the driveshafts? I want to know if they're CV like the JK or if they finally went back to U-joints

>test driving a jeep
>expecting anything other than garbage

i know what u mean. I went from a hydraulic rack to electric on my friends jeep and I had to keep correcting the steering

it's because electric provides no real feedback, you have to keep correcting as the car visually moves around

i will never buy another car with electric steering, it's dogshit

How horrifying. I have one with electric motors that boost a normal mechanical rack and it can be a little rubber-bandy and over-boosted at times, but generally feels like decent power steering and it will happily rip the wheel out of your hands when you loosen up during a fishtail etc.

I used to own a '16 JKU. Steering was terrible. Long drives were annoying because I had to constantly correct the steering even on a straight highway.

Other than that, I loved the thing. Too bad some fuckhead had to run into it and total it.

Unnhg. Why must FCA produce the coolest cars but make them unreliable as hell?

I feel. FCA's marketing is on fucking point and they have a pretty great design team. If only they didnt have to throw a shitty V6 and turbo 4 into every fucking car

Thinking of trading in my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland for a 2018 JL.

Decent idea?

Two different cars though. The JL is gonna be more capable off road and have a less comfortable experience on, while the overland is reverse.

I'm just bored with the GC Overland. Great truck, but I've had it since new. Seems those JLs have great resale

It seems the JL's totally new interior has practically every luxury feature my Overland has. In fact, prob more

>Grand Cherokee
>truck
pick one

I had a GC, I also got bored of it but mainly because my priorities were more inline with what a wrangler could offer. I value offloading and the customization a wrangler offers. Just know that the JL is still a wrangler, its loud, springy and has terrible sterring/pedal feel

The interior isnt bad on the JL, especially on the sahara and rubicon, but the suspension leaves some things to be desired

God the 4 door is hideous. I can't believe it outsells the 2 door

So you think my Overland's 5 yo interior is still superior to the JL's all new interior? I haven't been inside a JL yet, so I have no idea. It looks more modern than mine though

I wonder about the ride quality. I think my Overland has 20" OEMs, doesn't JL Unlimited have a far fatter tire which softens up ride quality on otherwise shitty springs?

>be me two years ago
>go in to test new JK
>expect compact utilitarian rugged bumpy fun jalopy
>get luxury mall crawler land barge for dumb blonde soccer mom CUNTS

>babby can’t drive truck with big tires and rack and pinion steering
>boohoo

what you want is a base model with manual everything and power nothing

More doors more sales

>JL
>stick
>hand crank windows
>no AC
ok I'm getting excited
>$28000 starting
>$1200 destination fee
>$3100 sales tax
>$600 stealership fees

I had a 2 door JK last year and it was great.
It did have AC because texas and auto because rental though.
not even power locks on it

The Alfa v6 is not shit

The pentastar isn’t a shit engine. Decently reliable based on reports, and it makes pretty good torque numbers. Not much tuning out there yet though.

The 3.5 EGG-L was a shit engine. Slow revving, oil pumps go out every 50kmiles, sounds awful, lopey idle, and they drink oil like a goddamned rotary. Literally the only aftermarket performance part is a supercharger and it doesn’t help much. My Prowler is getting LS swapped this summer.

Electric steering steers like shit the JL is proving to be even gayer than the JK

Even though it's thrown a CEl on every review so far?

What code? P0006: engine type sensor has detected a possible V6?

If your truck doesn't have half a turn of freeplay in steering you're not a man.