Employeers ask about your hobbies

>employeers ask about your hobbies
1. why
2. what are some good things put down/lie about to get an advantage?

Volunteering sounds good to talk about.

Tell them how you provide housing and alternative employment opportunities to vulnerable runaway teenage girls.

i might volunteer to get the employment benefits. Maybe help feed some hungry kids.

Be smart, what you do for fun gives a hint of your personality.

For example, I highlight I do boxing and fly fishing, to mean I am combative and outdoorsy, which sets me apart from my competitors for the executive jobs I get, because everyone can talk, but the fish wont gut itself....

>1. why
They want to learn more about your personality and some hobbies restrict your performance at work.

For example:

- Hobbies with a high risk of injury (football, extreme sports)
> He will be injured 10% of the time

- Hobbies which take a lot of time (playing sports at a national level)
> He doesn't take vacation to rest but to play his sports, i.e. less performance at work

- Hobbies which show a high level of passion (founding a organization to save stray kittens)
> He seems to like kittens more than his job

>be smart
>boxing

>boxing
Prone to violence, lower class background, leave because of injuries. Enjoy being jobless

1. It's obvious that if your hobby is browsing some animu forum 24/7 then you have no motivation so succeed at all.

2. If you have any legitimate hobbies then tell them, and they will ask why is that your passion. Turn it around by selling it as something that helps you enhance somehow or helps your goals indirectly.

I've gotten very positive responses in the past from mentioning bicycle building/maintenance as a hobby. It shows you're problem-solving oriented. I'd imagine this applies to cars, motorcycles, and carpentry too.

You sound like a female HR drone, kill yourself

>problem-solving oriented
>bicycle building/maintenance

Chess would be problem-solving.
Developing software would be problem-solving.
Actually solving problems would be problem-solving.

Not watching some tutorial on jewtube and build a bicycle. They probably just think it's good you have a cheap hobby so they can pay you peanuts.

You're right, bicycles are retardedly simple but normies don't know that and it sounds impressive. For me it's really more about scrounging for cool finds on Craigslist than it is about engineering.

Job interviews are all about appearance and if they think it's impressive then it is.

Yes, by your logic employers are less likely to hire someone that has hobbies. Maybe it looks more like this ass.

Football, extreme sports,
>Able to dedicate themselves to an activity, has experience in teamwork, high energy

playing sports at a national level
Would look great on a resume and always does look great on a resume. In fact people that play sports at a national level have developed a skill and became within the top 1% of that skill

>I'm sure that looks terrible on a resume

An organization that saves stray kittens
>People that commit themselves to charitable organizations are socially and ethically responsible.

Go learn to use your head for god sake everything you just said is literally backwards from how businesses actually look at resumes. Stop giving bad advice.

>You're right.
That's nice of you.

>normies don't know that and it sounds impressive
True, I suppose it matters a lot what kind of job you are applying.. Employers like Amazon would not even care about hobbies to make it a deal breaker.

The last interview I got a good response from was an old professor during a dental school admissions interview. Those are all about ruling out drones with perfect GPAs since you actually have to be able to talk to people.

I know I'm not a rocket scientist but it looks pretty cool on a resume and you can spin it easily to sell yourself.

>1. why
Unlike what other autists here posted. Companies don't give a shit about your personality.
They want to make sure you aren't a full blown autismo and that you don't have too much of a time commitment outside of work.

>2. what are some good things put down/lie about to get an advantage?
Doesn't really matter.
Put down enough to appear like you're a normie, but don't put down too much because they'll think you won't be flexible for scheduling.

>Personality isn't relevant to work performance
>They ask to make sure you're not autistic

Please use your head.

>He thinks actual autism is a personality disorder
You may want to take your own advice

>they don't care about your personality
Yes they do, especially when you have the exact same resume as the other guy its all in how much people skills you have. Nobody wants to work with that weird guy sitting in a corner alone all day.

>Nobody wants to work with that weird guy sitting in a corner alone all day.

that's weird because I'm that guy
I have NEVER been asked what my hobbies are, yet I keep working and getting raises

maybe there's like a certain autistic look about someone, and that's when they ask the question
they just need to make sure you don't spend your free time hotgluing anime figurines

1. Its to learn more about you, what make you tick, and to see how you answer a question that's not got a right answer. You can tell when people are BSing you and how ambitious you are and why.

2. Look for things that show your abilities. Hard hobbies that require building skill and patience are always good (languages, music, design, ect) but unique things are always welcome because they make an impression (just don't be a creep). Its always good to know what you like to do and pick things that relate to what you are applying to; if its a banker then coin collecting and stock watching/trading; mechanic then restoring cars... just don't make it up because you've got to back it up; chances are you have an interst in something related if you want that job for the long term and its not just a quick easy thing where the only wrong answer is something that'll take you to prison.

-Someone with a Master's Degree in HR

Musician

Study some notes and pretend you play piano

i like getting blackout drunk, ranting to myself, power electronics, and watching girls piss themselves
when can i start

Just say you like to learn about programming or investing normies will worship you

Just find out thier linkin account before hand, use that to find thier Facebook and send them a friend request from your dummy account. Just use thier hobbies. The only thing they care about is hiring someone they think is like them. Personitiy mirroring works, because most people are simple creatures

>he reveals the thought processes of HR department lapdogs
>haha kys
not even the guy but come on you imbecile

> a Master's Degree in HR
c u c k

I always say that I enjoy mowing grass, because I do. It shows that you take pride in your space, are content working alone, and don't mind doing repetitive work on occasion. Everyone can relate and it usually gets a few laughs because it's kind of an unexpected answer. I've gotten 3 programming jobs using this and a couple other offers.

1. >will this employee fit into the culture of this space
1. >would i like this employee
1. >will this employee be productive
1. >is this employee worth my time and money
2. Donate blood, hike, fly drones, go on scenic drives and take photos of the scenery; Something active that shows you want to change your life or the life of others

You made me laff