Why do amerilards have scion and acura? they're literally just rebadged toyotas and hondas

why do amerilards have scion and acura? they're literally just rebadged toyotas and hondas

Ask Honda and Toyota.
Also Scion doesn't exist anymore.

Why do burgers call the mx-5 a miata?

Generally speaking quite alot of burgers are extremely vapid and need prestige. Hence their whole "keeping up with the Joneses" thing. The marketing kikes have realized that a long time ago and sell fords/hondas/toyotas/ as a badge engineered upscale version in the US. Even the US made nu-NSX, that is sold as an ackyoora there, is sold as a honda nsx in most of the world

Because the na and nb, and perhaps nc all were sold as a "mx5 miata". They even had a miata badge

Yes. But I'm asking why

you've noticed me, I've never seen you
Wonder what the fuck I do

Not sure bruh. It means roadster in japanese. Some theories say it's because most cars in the US had actual names at that time and not some alphanumeric combination. So it might be to prevent missed sales because people would think the name is weird?

because americans are fucking dumb cunts who go "oh i hate the japs TWO NUKES WASN'T ENOUGH, fuck the japs, i buy american! FUCK YEAH FREEDOM!"

dumb cunts don't associate acura/lexus etc with japs. they think they're american.

Infinity is sold at Nissan dealerships in Japan so go figure.

Amerisharts love having a trillion different car brands, it fuels their Freedom™

>roadster in japanese

Miata means “reward” in high German. Dont pull trivia out of your ass, it wont make room for more dicks.

what did Muhammad mean by this?

>Amerisharts love having a trillion different car brands
This might be accurate. Considering even the big three had a lot of brands under their rule like Plymouth, etc.

T. 46%

badgewhores

Scion was toyota trying to cash in on dumb teenagers. The idea being that white people often buy the first car for their child, and the brat would want something cool. They had boyracer style and a bunch of shitty TRD parts available from the dealership. Aside from the FRS and IQ, scions are just worse corollas so laugh at all of them.

Acura was just because Honda felt they needed to compete with toyota's Lexus when it started making big waves in america.

Because Toyota are boring cuckboxes and you can separate the name "Toyota" from "boring soulless cuckbox". Scion wanted to get some of the youth/performance market so they tried (and failed) to rebrand under a different name.

Similar with Honda. What does Honda mean to you? To 99% of people it means cheap plastic ugly shitbox that gets good gas mileage. To try to expand, they rebadged some cars as Acura and gave them better interiors.

Names have meaning.

Not factually accurate, but that's to be expected from an ideologue

Why do you eurotards have 20 different VW budget brands like SEAT and SOFA, etc?

Well in GM’s case most of their brands existed before GM. They just continued using the names for different market sectors. Ford and Chrysler just made up their other make, except for Dodge in Chrysler’s case

>What does Honda mean to you?

Cool sports cars. When people think of Japan don't they think of futuristic technology and perfectionism? Humanoid robots, trains that are never late, toilets with electronics in them, sushi chefs who practiced for 10 years, culture of honor...

>Toyota wants to market fun and exciting cars to youths but doesn't want to tarnish the Toyota safe and boring reputation
>creates scion
>continues to make the same bland and boring cars
What were they thinking?

seat and skoda were independent autobrands before vw bought them, and they still specialize in certain areas. Seat makes the fastes Golf platform while Skoda makes the best Passat platform

acura predates lexus tho

one word - unions. when VW bought the brands they found out they can't fire anyone because of unions and government pressure to continue production as vital part of national economies. So VW is forced to produce shit in three different flavors even if it makes no sense. Not that they complain though, 'patriots' (ie. idiotic buyers) will always prefer car made in their country of origin for some irrational reason so all the brands have their loyal customer base which is ok for them to keep at it.

Shit really? I'm just saying what me friend told me. He's not really a car person but is loyal to acura.

The japanese luxury brands of lexus, Infiniti, and acura were created because of Japanese restraints on US exports. This way they could charge the most per vehicle and maintain profitability.

real answer:

Their marketing teams knew that Americans consider Hondas and Toyotas boring and dull (even the average american thinks this), so they rebranded their cars to appeal to a younger audience (in the case of Scion). Acuras appeal to those who just got promoted for the first time and want a cheap "luxury" car. Thats also why the NSX is badged as an Acura in the U.S. - to elevate the Acura brand.