Why is this shit so backwards...

Why is this shit so backwards? I can buy a brand new 2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker for about $40k and about 2% APR. I can buy a used Challenger R/T in whatever trim for let's say about $30k with 6.5% APR or higher *and* have higher insurance premiums.

Why the fuck wouldn't I just buy the new car? I get exactly what I want, no retard putting miles on the car before me, the color I want, much lower APR, lower insurance premiums, and a warranty from the factory/dealer.

I always thought buying a new car was a frivolous luxury that only rich stupid people fell for, but it really seems like the better option. The APR alone is less than half on a new car.

Assuming a 5 year term and no money down (just for comparison), the new car at $40k and 2% APR is $700 a month. The used car at $30k and 6% APR is $600 a month. So you only spend another hundred bucks a month by buying new.

Stay poor loser

Or instead of giving the jews money and letting them own your car you could buy something outright and actually own it. Wow what a fucking crazy idea right??? Reminder: if you’re making payments you don’t own it and it’s a liability. Enjoy slaving away to give the kikes your shekels, goy.

>I always thought buying a new car was a frivolous luxury that only rich stupid people fell for, but it really seems like the better option
That's what poor people want to believe.

>Throwing down 30k in lump cash instead of financing at a super low rate

Wow it's like you don't know how to manage your money or something?

>Gee I really like this new model of car now available on the market
>Too financially timid to finance it
>I'm going to save up $40,000 or more to pay for it outright!
>Spends a year or two saving up money for the full purchase price

>I want to buy a cool car that niggers drive!
>instead of buying something with cash and owning it I’ll finance it!
>I love debt and a cuck warranty that won’t let me do sick modz
Busriders, everyone

>Wow it's like you don't know how to manage your money or something?
This.
If you put like 20% down you can invest that remaining 80% and have it work for you. No reason to blow that much money at once on a single purchase, financing at a low rate is preferable, which is exactly what OP is saying he's surprised by.

Regardless of your racist ideologies, you must admit when comparing financing a used car to financing a new car, the new car is preferable.

We don't all want to spend $15k cash on a 10 year old car to drive into the dirt, some of us actually want to spend our money on things we like for whatever reason.

financing new cars is better because manufacturers take a hit and give you a low interest rate to help persuade you to buy new. Manufactures dont make money on used cars so there is no special financing.

The whole point is not to finance. Not really that difficult to understand. My early 2000’s shitbox is almost guaranteed faster from a roll. Sure it looks like shit, that’s the point, but I’ve made money racing niggers like you who think new = better

>Implying niggers have great credit

Generally the only people I see driving a newer dodge are niggers.

OP here. Once I get my federal tax refund of about $2500 I'm going to pay off the remaining balance of my credit card debt and after saving for a few months I may see about getting a new Challenger with the 392. I realize the Challenger isn't exactly winning records on the track compared to say the Camaro, but the Challenger is in my view the best looking new car sold today, maybe except for the Equus Bass 770 but that's $250,000 too much.

>Older cars can be modded to be faster than new cars
Obviously, that's not what we're talking about here though. Performance is in no way related to this conversation, unless power per dollar is all you care about.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good high performance ratty as fuck, cobbled together old car. Hell, Roadkill is one of my favorite shows ever. However that's not what we're talking about here.

Not all of us are manchildren who think straight line speed and power to weight ratios are the only things that matter in a car. I'll always buy new because I value my time more than my money, and I'd rather drive a reliable comfortable car than some fast rust heap.

As a recent mustang owner...wish I got a challenger. Super cool looking cars

>financing new cars is better because manufacturers take a hit and give you a low interest rate to help persuade you to buy new.
That's not taking a hit. That's them making money. They never take a hit when selling a you cars

I mean, we are on Veeky Forums. I personally only care about power per dollar, I have too much free time to let someone else make my car fast.
>my miata would totally beat your car at the track bro!
>hey you going to the track this weekend
>ha ha jokes on you my car is faster when it’s twisty
Also
>implying it’s got rust

A company loses money through opportunity cost when they self finance vs getting paid in full through outside financing or cash.

>I have too much free time to let someone else make my car fast.
OP here. I used to be in the same boat when I built up this old Camaro with an HO 350 and daily drove it. Came with a gutless 305 from the factory and a 3 speed auto.

Anyway, my lifestyle has evolved and I now have the opposite problem. I have money but no damn time. I have this problem both with cars and with my other hobbies like video games and guns. I have a daily driven 2004 Corvette I keep thinking I want to buy a blower kit for, but I just don't have the time to do the work myself. I can easily drop $5k or so for the kit, but I just don't have any damn time. Same goes for games. I have a massive Steam backlog of games I need to play through, but no time to play any of them. Similarly I don't have any time for gunsmithing anymore so I just have to relegate myself to buying guns from stores pre-built.

I never thought I would have this problem, as most of my life I've had too much time and no money. Now I have the opposite happening and it's really just as bad lol.

Anyway, that's why I'm interested in buying new.

>Or instead of giving the jews money and letting them own your car you could buy something outright and actually own it.

Why would I want to own a rapidly depreciating asset you dumb /pol/tard?