His car automatically turns off when he comes to a stop

>his car automatically turns off when he comes to a stop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0dQEUg9VQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's called start/stop autotragic and gets pushed up your asshole by ecofanatics. thank them.

probably also really good for mordern turbo engines right after longer highway rides.

>my car has this feature
>turn it on to see how it is
>feature doesn't work

Mfw

Forgot pucture

>can be defeated by paperclip
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0dQEUg9VQ

it only works if you release the clutch in neutral, but even then it doesn't always work.

hell when i'm in traffic, i leave the clutch down so i can get going quicker, so it's pointless.

Ah I need to put my car into neutral. Only had this car a month and this one is an automatic so I just flip on the electronic handbreak at lights.

oh it's an autotragic, i've only used it on a stick.

you can get it on manual too
and it's a way to avoid making other compromise on the engine

Turbos don't need to be cooled down like they used to.

I'm a bong so I learned using a manual and my previous car was a manual. The kind you had to man handle which was great fun on country lanes. So getting use to my new comfy woosh mobile and learning how to autotragic. Does have flappy paddles and can force it to be a manual if I fancy. Just didn't know how that auto start/stop feature worked but I honestly didn't care enough about it.

turbo engines, not turbos themselves
there's evidence to show that this is worse for your engine

My wife has a Ford escape that does this, I just hit the button to turn it off every time I get in and put it in gear, it's muscle memory now

2.0 or 1.6?

It's the 1.6 I was skeptical but that Ecoboost has some insane low end torque

honestly what the problem with this?
its only used in hybrids as far as i know so your car will still respond to throttle input when you give it throttle while the engine is starting up.

think about how much fuel is used and emmissions produced just by cars idling in traffic or while aiting at a stoplight?
it might seem like a small amount but it all adds up.

for daily ecoboxes only driven by people who have no interest in cars anyway its perfectly fine

It really scoots in the city. The only time you get sad for not having the 2.0 is on the highway when it runs out of breath. I think the 1.6 has more aggressive low end gearing than the 2.0 as well.

>mfw ford can be hacked by a paperclip

It's better for your throwout bearing to go to neutral

No. You don't need to cool down turbos anymore. And if you do, engineers have designed it so that the engine stays running for a few minutes after the keys are removed.

I put it in sport mode and turned the TCS off in the snow and was pulling some wicked donuts

>honestly what the problem with this?

>retards posting HURR IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK
>retards posting HURR IT'S BAD FOR YOUR ENGINE
can you people add 1 and 1 to make 2?
because guess why it doesn't always work
car engineers are well aware that in certain conditions start/stop systems are bad for your engine
so they designed them to only do it if certain conditions are satisfied
look at your engine temp sometime in a car with start/stop, you might notice that if it's not at optimal temp it won't do it

yeah any bmw after 2011 does that but you can just switch it off if you're worried about it + it automatically shuts it off when in sport mode

Does anyone know how to disable this in a F-150?

the original guy said turbo engines, and then i clarified that, and you missed it again.

get a real truck

Damn, was hoping that was a Kalindra gif I didn't have.

Such is french car life for me lmao. The start/stop works about half the time. Tbh they should just not bother with their own electronics anymore and use opels

They put this crap in F-150s now? Jesus. At least you can drop a backup battery in it for when you have stop often and finally lose enough charge to start it back up.

my job can't afford a fleet of semis, sorry.

Yup. Whats worse is that i'm driving one with a faggy 2.7L twin turbo ecoboost engine. i can imagine how stressful it is for the engine to start and stop a lot. dunno why my job ordered fleets of these trucks over something reliable like a Tundra.

The engine doesnt stay running, retard. Only the water pump does. In a better case the oil pump, too.

Or you could just design it so the fluid circulates on its own without the help of motors that might fail.

You still need to cool down turbos mate, they're sometimes cooled by electric pumps after ignition is cut.
>You don't need to cool down a big hunk of metal being spun to tens of thousands of RPM by 700 degree air
>But if you do, engineers have
If you don't know what you're talking about, I definitely recommend not contradicting yourself.

what is start/stop? does it actually save fuel?

do they incorporate start/stop into the MPG rating now?

It's probably something to curb a certain limit imposed by the governing bodies. The manufacture hits those targets by passing on the increased wear rate to the customers as a feature.

The engine literally shuts off if you're at a stop for x seconds and restarts when you touch the throttle.

It used to be a shame for if you idle for more than 30 seconds.

Now it's a shame for if you idle more than a third of a second. You do the math.