Looking for a first car and the e34 came to mind. Redpill me on the M62 and this majestical beast

Looking for a first car and the e34 came to mind. Redpill me on the M62 and this majestical beast

Other urls found in this thread:

orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-e34-540i-6spd-manual-v8/6470815164.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bad mpg and things break down. buy a supra or lexus is or honda s2k

supra is too expensive and a 1G is too little of an engine. IS is auto tragic and an S2K from an E34 is a big jump.

M62 is alright
M52 is easier to maintain

This. i6 bmw is best bmw

yeah. as much as I LOVE my 2L M10 motor, i6 BMWs are legendary

yea my e39 has only cost me $300 in 1 year

The E34 is so god damn aesthetic

There are manual first and second gen Lexus IS', you'll just have to look for a while.

What about Vee Eight sound?

The real redpill is to remove the M62 and install a 1/2JZ

a m50 is better than those overpriced meme engines

A lot of people have started to put lsx engines in the 34/e39 chassis

i6 > v8

I’ve wanted an e34 forever but you have to find a good example that’s been well kept with slight more than 100k
Be aware of changing the entire cooling system every 30-50k and whether it has been done recently or needs to be done soon
Also if v8 look for 540i and if i6 the 535i is the pinnacle of power
>example
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/bmw-e34-540i-6spd-manual-v8/6470815164.html

>6500
yeah okay

For a manual 1995 540i? That’s reasonable.

I own two BMW v8s. An M62TUB44 and a M60B40. Guess which one is the more reliable? Tip: it’s the one in the E34

i have one locally for 2k and its in beat up condition but it runs

How come this hasn't become a cult shitbox yet? You guys reckon it's ripe?

E21?
OP, E34 is an excellent car. M5X will be easier to maintain than an M6x (and virtually all S50/S52 parts are compatible), but if you want the V8 go fo it

Dubs confirm

Yea. In fact, that looks just like my car

Nice, looks clean user! I used to have a 320i identical to the one I posted, but moved on to an E30... I did love that bulletproof little M10 though!

here have a rare M5

anyways, unless you're a richfag and can drop 15k on an M5 (over many other objectively better sports cars)
and can afford the maintenance (more than many other objectively better sports cars)
you're probably better off with the bulletproof 535i

The 540i is a maintenance nightmare for a poorfag, but if you can afford it they're fucking sick, I've driven both and would almost put it above the M5 in terms of performance

though nothing beats the howl of that ITB'd six

True

looking to thrash it honestly

so elegant looking, you could really tell it was a premium car, not gaudy just subtle craftsmanship.

Miata is always the answer...

Are Bimmers really that expensive to maintain? Do parts really break that often?

I'm currently browsing for a first car as well, and I'm pretty sure I'll go german, but torn between:
>BMW 318 / 320
>VW Passat
>Audi A4 series

I can afford some used 2006-2007 models, but I literally only hear shit about any single one I want to purchase.Plus they come with 180 000-240 000kms. (eurofag here)
For horsepower i definitely don't need stronker than 140, since shitty hungarian roads don't allow much anyway - horribly maintained

Basically I'm just worried if I buy any of these I'll spend the next couple of my paychecks on repairs as I hear bimmers and audis tend to break real fucking often

so happy this stupid faggot died in a car crash