Why does everyone hate the tundra but love the tacoma?

Why does everyone hate the tundra but love the tacoma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA
trucktrend.com/how-to/project-trucks/1705-million-mile-tundra-the-tear-down/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people want smaller trucks but automakers are pussies, so they settle for taco

Checked. Fff there will never be a compact truck again

Because of le angry ute

toyota should discontinue the taco, and sell a V6 hilux.

tacos are great with respectable specs for their size and are a true utilitarian vehicle for the hobbyist

tundras lack the hp, tourque and frame rigidity one expects from a half ton pick up, also rust issues because the c frame traps salt and shit from the road and is difficult to wash properly

$70k for a gutless and fuel chugging engine are why. It can't compete with the full size domestics.

>tacos are great with respectable specs

$40k for 260hp and drum brakes is respectable?

>$40k

where the fuck do you live? they cost $25k base model

You can get those specs out of a Tacoma for $25k. What did a toyota owner do to you to make you this much of a liar?

Leafland. Nobody wants a 4cyl 2wd. A base with the V6, 4x4 and a locking diff is pretty close to $40k.

If either was good they would sell them outside of America.

>leafland

so $25k in real money and not maple pesos

they're literally the same vehicle as the hilux

$32k in mexibucks.

Because Taco is a great nickname. There aren’t many good nicknames for Tundra

Not living in the best country in the world

The 70 series or the tacoma?
because neither are even close to being a gutlux.

I like my Taco blz do not be a meanie

The Tundra 5.7 makes more power at every rpm than the 6.0 V8 that's still standard on the Silverado 2500hd.
Let me say that again: the 11 year old Tundra half ton makes more power than the brand new GM 3/4 ton.

half ton?
wait these American "trucks" can only hold half a ton?
as in 450kg?
And Americans try to give utes shit when even a Maloo can hold more than that and a regular SS can hold double?

what?

chevy 2500 hd 6.0: 445 hp @ 2800 rpm

tundra 5.7: 381 hp @ 5600 rpm

it also produces 1/3 the torque

It’s actually a metric of how much space there is in the drivers seat. A half tonne will fit a half tonne American

Yet it's slower and can't tow as much as even the 5.3.

Yeah stick a mr2 on the back of that and see what happens. A fucking kangaroo can roll those things with no weight in the back... Lets see it tow a travel trailer or small 5th wheel.

no, it's a holdover name for the category from the past, the payload on most half tons is 1.5 tons

its just an old way of classifying pickups. Today's trucks carry much more

> insurance rates
>tax
>salt

>A fucking kangaroo can roll those things
What?
utes don't roll easily mate..
and pic related.

Remember that Austard user a while back that rolled his elcamino abomination trying to dodge a roo? Towing with a car is not a good idea.

I said a travel trailer not whatever the fuck that thing is. Trailers are 5-10k lbs here.

Fuck me that thing is ugly. I bet it only has one fireplace and a single bathroom too.

my bad that's the diesel stats i posted but still

you're also ignoring how fucking expensive the tundra is compared to the other trucks and it still has rigidity issues there's a reason it has the lowest in class payload and tow ratings

>my bad that's the diesel stats i posted but still
You seriously didn't have alarm bells ringing when you quoted a peak power output under 3000rpm, and compared a similarly displaced engine that apparently has three times the torque? Don't think this truck thing is for you.

>moving the goalposts

Even accepting your new standards, a 4x4 V6 Tacoma is $33k, not $40k. Nobody cares about your shitty exchange rate either

>expensive

The Silverado you compared it to isnt cheap either you dumb nigger

>this thread

lmaoing at faggots arguing over muh hp and muh torques

I'll spell it out for you mentally retarded niggers:

Toyota: decent quality truck, well-engineered with enough power for 95% of jobs

Ford: dogshit cheap junk for cousin-fucking bubbas

Chevrolet: nigger-tier chrome trash

Chrysler: lol just fucking kys

You're welcome. Now that I've educated you, please stop making these threads you triggered cockbags.

>lower towing capacity than even nissan's offerings
Lmao

I don't hate the Tundra. But god damn the crewmax Tundra is unnecessarily fat as hell. Bigger than the domestics.

Wish they trimmed up the fat a lil bit. I'd stick with the shorter double cab in the meantime, least it offers a longer bed.

Too bad there isn't a universal standard for towing and payload that all the makers adhere to. Too bad they all just pull numbers out of their fucking assholes as if they've been measured by the same metrics.

the tundra is weak for its size

Americans used to make good trucks, now they're just shitboxes.

>turbocharged 6 cylinder truck

le mayo, cuckshit. only a bitchass faggot cares about mpgs in a truck

/threab

Exchange rates are irrelevant. $33k for a small 260hp truck is still way too much when that gets you a decent full sized truck.

I realize the Colorado is better than the Tacoma in almost every measurable way, but why is it so damn ugly? Every angle except the rear end is a complete eyesore.

I see this thread is equipped with mobile goalposts

Because it's a rebranded Euro/third world truck.

A full sized truck that will rust in 5 years

Enjoy your mexishit truck

the silverado you're comparing it to also has over a 2 ton payload and a near 8 ton tow load as opposed to worst in class fucking everything practical

all the numbers on trucks are weird compared to what I'm used to being a shipboard engineer. these truck diesels are smaller and way faster than our hotel load generators so no it didn't raise any immediate flags

butthurt much?

>toyota: shit truck with shit stats that rusts out on you

>ford: best selling vehicle world wide for a reason

>chevy: a practical alternative to ford

>chrysler: lol just fucking kys

ftfy

spotted the domesticuck fanboy

0.004 shekels have been deposited into your account, goyim

keep up the good shilling

Tundra is pigfat and feels like you're driving a house, it's fucking gigantic. I'd never consider one ever.

>ford: best selling vehicle world wide for a reason

Because the world consists largely of poor retards?

>chevy: a practical alternative to ford

In the same way that letting Tyrone assfuck your wife is a practical alternative to having sex with her yourself.

toyota makes a shit full sized truck, even the nissan titan and dodge ram are better, deal with it.

>all this damage control

0.005 shekels, keep up the goy work

I think it's $40,000 Canadian Tire Dollars to $30USD.

>"Hey, Ronny Dahl here from 4-wheeling-in-western-australia.com"

Because they're trying to deter you from buying the faggot trim levels

because it's meant for euroshitters and fleets where this is one of the few truck options they get, so looks don't matter.
it's part of the globalized vehicle market and the reason every fucking car on the road looks like hot ass

>implying GM offers any non-faggot trims for their vehicles

It's just a matter of how gay you want to get.

No one hates the tundra
Tundras are twice the price of same year dodges or nissan titans
Some guy who hauls oil equipment put 1 million miles on a new body style tundra

I agree user, who would ever use a turbocharged 6 cylinder engine in a truck? Truly a laughable thought indeed.

>Some guy who hauls oil equipment put 1 million miles on a new body style tundra
bullshit, hotshots drive exclusively dually dodges

OMG I hate Tundras again!

I forgot about that piece of shit.

They do sell V6 hiluxes.

Just not in your country.

Toyota was so impressed they purchased it back from them to see why it lasted so long.

youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA

I don't know if I'd sell that thing back to toyota, it has to have good luck or some shit

>these truck diesels are smaller and way faster than our hotel load generators so no it didn't raise any immediate flags
That's all well and good, but we were talking about atmo gas V8s for a given application where, unlike small turbo diesels that can have a large discrepancy in specific output due to fuel rate and turbo pressure, they will only vary marginally. Not make more power at half the revs or three times peak torque.

iirc they gave him a brand new one in exchange
also the guy was like 400lbs and the seat was in great shape after haulin that much ass for a million miles
pretty insane
Its the small v8 which probably helped the trans last to 750k miles before it was replaced because reverse stopped working

Honestly any toyota pickup is going to be the most reliable vehicle you can buy

I talked to a guy who did the same thing and he said the fuel used in those big slow speed diesels is so molasses like it has to be electrically heated in the tanks and the lines to be thin enough to get proper atomization.
what a royal pain in the ass.

>max out your odometer, get a new car for free
this should be a law

Isn’t that 6.0 Vortech basically unchanged from the 90s

>vortec

Here is the tear down of the million mile tundra

>“It was exciting to see the power figures from the engine in our cell,” said Gary Baker, quality team leader. “The engine performed better than many new engines off our line.”
Perry says the better numbers are likely due to the engine being broken in. However, for a mill with a million miles on it, the dynamometer results are very impressive.
trucktrend.com/how-to/project-trucks/1705-million-mile-tundra-the-tear-down/

>hurr Toyota = rust

this is a meme born out of the publicity from the recall Toyota did w/ the frames. Yes they had problems with the first gen Tundras and 00's Tacos, but they 15 YEAR WARRANTIES on their frames and offered blue book prices to Taco owners to buy their trucks back. If this isn't a company standing behind their product then tell me what it is

Murican trucks also rust, they usually just shit the bed before the rust in the frame gets bad enough because everything that isn't the engine is garbage, and even when there is an obvious problem, they just ignore it (see: Chevy Shake)

t. Own a first gen Tundra in Ontario. I rustproof the truck every year, and I only have the surface rust expected in a 17 yr old truck. Other than an oxygen sensor, never had to replace anything in 100k

>I rustproof my truck every year why don't I have rust issues

yes, good ole hfo, there are actually grades of it: A, B and C with C being the lowest and thickest, it's almost tar at room temperature.

it's fallen out of favor the past few decades because of more stringent emission standards in coastal waters making all but the A grade essentially illegal to use.

most heated fuel tanks in my experience were heated with waste heat boilers hooked up to the exhaust and they have diesel tanks for operating near shore and for initial start up to generate the heat needed to get the hfo flowing properly. I'm 99% sure electric coils in a fuel tank is a SOLAS (safety of lives at sea) violation.

>seats not even worn out

I'm suspicious

Poortec

Yeah, but that's not a very good defense.

Lol how many frame swaps are you on? So this is how Toyota's last so long.

The 5.7 also had a optional supercharger. good for over 500hp.
Faster 0-60 than most cars.

80hp more than a Stock 6.2? For what $7000? That's a built 5.3 or 6.2 with a turbo good for 700+whp.

FUCK I WANT A FLATBED 4x6 UTE WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS IN BURGERLAND

>OEM quality kit against junkyard trash
>peak power output is the only concern

>6x4 made of what's probably a pair of GM 12 bolts
no fucking thank you

>hurr i can strap a jet engine to my civic and btfo lambos!
Irrelevant as that's not a dealership option like the TRD subercharger package.

But can those two trucks rack up 1 million miles with its original GASOLINE engine and tranny? The Tundra did.

It's a Ford, and it'd be a lazy axle as there's no room to engineer a splitter or a pass through option. Drive axle on the Falcons is normally a BTR Borg Warner diff.

>I realize the Colorado is better than the Tacoma in almost every measurable way

Too bad it's an unreliable shit heap that lacks a lot of good features the Tacoma offers and still manages to outlast the RECALLarado.

I'm in tillsonburg and all I ever buy are 4cyl 2wd Japanese trucks. Best way to commute long distance and do light duty work

You can get away with it in Ontario because it's flat and you don't get real winters. A V6 probably gets the same highway mpg's though.

What problems are the Chevrolet Colorados having? From what I've experienced the Isuzu based pickups are rock solid.

Another Tundra is about to reach 1 million miles.

Get ready to see it reach the milestone. Might happen this year I bet.

(pic taken in 2016 by owner)

>A V6 probably gets the same highway mpg's though
Nah, they definitely don't. The V6 is a much nicer engine to live with though, that gets along at a much nicer rate than the four.

Only the diesels have issues because it's an Italian engine. The 4cyl or 3.6 with the 8 speed is solid. Ironically the Tacoma has multiple recall advisories.

>implying that many miles over 2 years is impressive

Ehh I'd try a V6 with a 8 speed. I bet the difference is negligible on the highway.

It's still impressive for a gas pickup. The big three could never make it up this high with their gassers.

No it isn't. There's plenty of old elmers with farm trucks with million mile 350's. That's a million miles of work not a million miles of pointless highway driving.

I rustproof it NOW, but I have no idea if the previous 2 owners did. I mean, it's a 17 yr old truck

>There's plenty of old elmers with farm trucks with million mile 350's.

Yeah, because those 350s are diesel powered. They are built to last for a long time.

A gasser on the other had doesn't have the same kind of longevity a diesel has. Even if you maintain it right.

>That's a million miles of work not a million miles of pointless highway driving.

And the thing about that Tundra that made it up to 1 million miles, that truck worked it's whole life. The owner was a hotshot driver hauling oil pump heads in the bed of the vehicle and towed enclosed trailers with it from coast to coast.

It's wasn't being used as a sissified mallcrawling poser-mobile like the majority of today's pickup owners.