My small displacement DOHC engine makes less power, less torque, has a worse powerband, weighs more...

>my small displacement DOHC engine makes less power, less torque, has a worse powerband, weighs more, is physically larger, has worse fuel economy, is more expensive and more complex than a large displacement pushrod engine, but that's okay, because at least I can brag about how much hp/L it has

>my 6 liter boat anchor gets 15 mpg, therefore it's much more economical than your 2 liter engine getting 38 mpg

>a less powerful engine is more economical than a more powerful one
Shocking

I always hated this, it should be HP/liter of total engine volume or HP/Lb, not displacement

>6 liters
>650hp
>40mpg

Displacelets when will they learn?

>roll down a long hill with the engine off
>still only get 40 mpg

>over 26 miles
That could be all downhill from a mountain. I know the corvette is impressive mileage for a supercar but its not THAT good

Well, OP argued the opposite.

I give a shit about the planet retard

What I argued was that only a small DOHC engine with low power will get good fuel economy, if you try bringing up its power to anywhere near a large pushrod engine by making it say a 4L, it will actually get worse fuel economy than a 6L pushrod engine.

Yes, like how Clarkson showed an M5 gets better mileage than a prius if the Prius is flat out and the M5 just has to keep up. When you push the bleeding edge of performance you lose efficiency

Do the math you spergs. The thing is literally idling down the highway even on flat ground. Have fun getting 35mpg at 4000rpm.

I get about 42mpg doing about 70 on the interstate with a 2 liter

70 is pretty damn slow. That's hardly impressive.

My car has no overdrive, it would be much better if it did. A shame really

Have fun getting 13 mpg whenever you're not idling down the highway.

By the way I get about 47 mpg with my diesel going 80 mph at 2600 rpm.

Yeah well have fun getting 650hp from that 1.3 diesel. See... Displacelets and dieslets won't learn.

Why would I?

>eco mode
Nice 3 cylinder corvette

>What is cylinder deactivation

>whenever you're not idling
But since it has so much torque at low RPM, there aren't that many situations where that's the case, that's the big advantage of these engines

Why wouldn't you?

>implying a 3 liter V4 isn't awesome

Except any time you accelerate from a light. Even mild acceleration already makes the fuel pump an alcoholic.

Don't insult us diesel drivers by lumping us in with displacelets, high displacement diesels are fucking awesome and share many of the advantages with your engine

no one does this

maybe back in the early 2000s people did but like seriously when is the last time you had an interaction with someone outside of here that did that

Stop and go traffic is the Achilles heel of large displacement engines, I admit, a smaller engine would be better for that purpose. But most of the driving I do is at a constant speed (not necessarily on the highway), I can sit at 1300 RPM and the engine feels perfectly happy doing so.

I hear it all the time, especially when smug Euro and Japanese fanboys criticize American cars. Oftentimes having low hp/L is literally the only reason they dislike a certain car, even if it's awesome in most other aspects.