Interesting historical events that you wish you could talk about but they are so politicized

The American Civil War

Other urls found in this thread:

grouprev.com/restoreninevehnow
youtube.com/watch?v=gLOvdgXSy_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vietnam.

how is it overblown

history channel used to run non stop ww2 europe and japan documentaries, barely ever touching the holocaust

In what context and timeframe is it overblown

the actual event? the significance or lack thereof?

The positive impact of european colonization on pre-colonial ape-like african society

apelike is a biological term user, not a historical or sociological one

every fucking year there is a "muh 6 trillion" film in theaters, it never fails

The Rhodesian Bush War. It was a textbook counter-insurgency war and the military aspect of it is fascinating to study. But you can't bring it up without the tumblrites screaming you're a white nationalist racist for being interested or the /pol/kiddies wanking off to it way more than it deserves because it was their idealized version of a race war and because of the typical Lost Cause bullshit over Ian Smith.

I wish I could have a discussion about it without the political aspects of the UDT coming up.

The Kurds are the good guys though.

he's referring to behavior and lifestyle reminiscent of apes -- disposable rustic shelters, lack of complex tools, and subsistence foraging

thousands of movies get made each other, hundreds being blockbusters, hundreds being indie, why is it a problem if a few are about the holocaust?

isn't that tribalism?

That's don't exist, though

>disposable rustic shelters
What did he mean by this?

>thats don't exist

Spotted the pissed african.

How are the railroads we gave you holding up, whats that, you still haven't upgraded them? Weird. Seriously though u wuz kangz

Native American history and culture in general desu

How many movies are there about the Armenian genocide?

All of them, any more. The deconstructionist left has weaponized every fucking topic on the menu.

Anyone who has ever posted "Deus Vult" is commanded by God to aid these worthy and distressed brethren:

grouprev.com/restoreninevehnow

> The Promise (2016)
lol

this

ACW, definitely

The French Revolution

Weimar Republic

>Weimar Republic
Explain

>bring up Weimar and try to discuss its unique culture
>/pol/ immediately starts reeeeing about how degenerate and Jewish-controlled it was

Shit gets old, man.

don't forget the alt-right always having to get in on it with all their short-shorts pictures

>being alt right is wrong
>but being a leftypol shill is OK
Fuck off SJW

That's part of the /pol/ side, imo.

Where the fuck did he say that? It's not like there's more than one facet of the SJW opposition to discussing the Rhodesian Bush War.

Leftypol loves the thought of black communists killing white people

And /pol/ loves the thought of a small group of white professional soldiers effortlessly slaughtering a disorganized black mob. Your point?

This is the exact sort of shit that makes discussing the Bush War impossible. Everybody's too busy jerking themselves raw to actually study what happened during the military campaign.

Franks, Northmen and other early medieval people. On Veeky Forums it always devolved in a deus vult/snownigger shitfest.

Colonial warfare is another topic but that is usually not to politicized.

But it was a modern day sodom.
With Jews or without, you had daily streetfights, drug and sex parties in the style of Ancient Rome and the exploration of unorthodox sexual practices (that's probably the reason why people think of modern day Germans as degenrate when it comes to sex)

That's fine, that's a perfectly acceptable dark side to discuss.

The problem comes in when people start blaming the Jews for everything and talking about how the Nazis were gud boys who dindu nuffin cleaning it up.

Well there were some artist (with Jewish heritage/who were Jewish) who promoted promoted this lifestyles, but not for some greater Jewish conspiracy but instead for just some fun and shekels.

Also that the nazis were "cleaning up" is also wrong. They were also big degenrates, but they kept the rabid dog on a leash, instead of letting him
Loose, meaning they they let people practice everything (except for the street fight) but behind closed doors

meh it's not like discussion of it is rarely talked about anyway

It's basically the "end of Pt 1" of American history

it fucked up so much that Germany became /pol/

War on Terror

people keep saying this yet never actually name any or how it actually improved the African's lives.

Again, that's fine. But for the most part, you can never have an even-handed thread on the subject.

Nigs used to massacre each others with spears in mudhuts villages, now they massacre each others with white-made firearms in white-built cities

the cities were half-assed and shitty (except maybe the ones they lived in).

and "killing people more efficiently" doesn't improves standards of living the slightest

US grant was a better general than Lee

I disagree

Lee was better but Grant had better numbers, weapons, and finance. He won by being one of the only Union generals that WASN'T fucking retarded.

>Grant: hey, we outnumber them 10:1, why don't we, you know, Zerg rush them?
unpopular but effective

>and "killing people more efficiently" doesn't improves standards of living the slightest

The medicine whitey brought does
Ever wondered why suddendly there's over a billion nignogs

I know they they keep dying in droves from the disease of the week because they don't have access to said medicine.

nazi Germany the state and ideology outside of immediately rejecting all aspects of it

Lee had one major flaw: He had complete confidence in his troops to do the impossible. That was good for morale, but he actually believed that, so when he did ask them to do the impossible they did not succeed.

>see: Pickett's Charge

overconfidence is an appropriate side-effect from being virtually undefeated

you win 10 battles no matter the circumstance it's not really arrogant to assume you'll win the 11th

That's a good one

The fuck's wrong with short shorts? It's hot as hell in the African bush

Just once I want to see a conversation about Norse culture, specifically Vikings, without it becoming a shit fligning fest about the definition of berserker.

>virtually undefeated

He wasn't, though. He only picked up that overconfidence from Frediericksburg and Chancellorsville, and he lost Stonewall Jackson at the last one.

The Mexican American war

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

What were the inovations that the norse made that allowed them to sail and raid England?

What pushed the Vikings to begin raiding in the first place?

>ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!
strawman
>Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries
strawman
>ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites
>intermarry
who is saying this? who is saying that people have to marry immigrants or refugees?
strawman
>would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries
you know it's middle-eastern people who are refugees, right?
>How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?
what
>But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race
>genocide
do you know what that word means
>Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews
strawman
>They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.
>Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
I'm begging you to go outside. Please.

It's always so boring listening to /pol/'s bullshit. Just go back to your board, you're not "enlightening" anyone. If you reply to me, I'd like to request that you don't use the words "cuck", "liberal", "sjw", or "lefty". I know they're your go-to words but I want to see if you can respond without those filler words.

The Troubles in NI.

I find it so interesting for several factors.

>The evolving of the IRA from "lets fight the brits to stop them oppressing Irish people in Ulster" to "Lets get the brits out of Ulster!" to "fucking kill protestants, lad"
>The British government and army higher-ups colluding with the RUC and the paramilitaries to bomb civilian areas/carry out internment
>Civilians recruited as informants leading double lives
>The state of Ulster leading up to it and the legacy left by it
>The splintering of the various paramilitaries into congo-style gangs post GFA who have to choose reasons for fighting like startup companies choosing a non-copyrighted name

Unforunately you can hardly talk about the troubles because of the following:
>Mention anything anti-British/Loyalist
>Unionists come in with revisionist posts
>Republicans and Plastic Paddies arrive with memes to trigger loyalists
>Discussion becomes a talk about a history of Irish being annoying little bastards to the English and Unionists getting constantly triggered
>Conversation usually ends with some faggot from Belfast telling us some insane shit like "Protestantism existed in Ulster Pre-Catholicism"

where was that the case?

>in the style of ancient Rome

Your own post is pretty politicized, m8.

Both sides are wrong, for different reasons. The Plastic Paddies from Boston who defend the IRA are retards for:
1. Not understanding Ulster wants to be Btitish
2. The IRA killed innocents and are a terrorist group

The UVF loyalists are retards for
1. Revisionist History
2. Not realizing they are as bad as the IRA

>the white guitl nu male coward thinks "he" can dictate what people can say
Fuck off back to leftypol

imagine being this reddit

>numale
>i came here from r/the_donald and I am 14: the word

Israeli apartheid.

Seriously, you cannot discuss this topic without being called "antisemitic", getting banned or downvoted to oblivion on most major media platforms.

Politicians criticizing Israel is pretty much asking for career suicide. Just look at Jeremy Corbyn, criticized Israel over Palestine now the entire media has created Labour has an a"Antisemitic problem" despite now several reports and inquiries show no antisemitic presence in Labour and most antisemitism comes from the right of politics.

Also online, Israel has probably the most aggressive and well trained astroturfing groups currently active. /r/worldnews is fascinating to watch particularly because they are so blatant, watch any thread that criticizes Israel, for the first few hours, everyone inside is criticizing Israel and it's actions and then suddenly out of nowhere, you will get anybody who has criticized Israel downvoted to oblivion, while the thread will now be about how Hamas is actually super evil and brought this upon themselves.

Israeli astroturf groups have also got onto mod positions pretty much on every major politics forum. I've probably lost count the amount of times I've been banned from politics forums for being "antisemitic" for not only just criticizing Israel, I've been banned for criticizing Likud specifically.

>Duur you're probably just a /pol/tard who thinks that hating jews isn't actually antisemitic

I never actually mention Jews or any bullshit racist antisemitic shit in any of my posts. I almost entirely focus on historical fact backed up by academic sources and literal policy and law. Yet despite literally sourcing my shit, often back to Israel's own official Government sources, I get banned for being antisemitic along with anybody else criticizing Israel or political zionism.

>the white guilt
wrong. british who wants the empire back
>nu male
buzzword
>coward
please explain your reasoning
>thinks "he" can dictate what people can say
victim complex
i was trying to make sure you make an actual argument instead of using buzzwords. which evidently you can't do.
>Fuck off back to leftypol
Fuck off back to /pol/
Again, if you're going to respond, don't use any buzzwords from your containment board and please address each of my criticisms instead of trying to sum my post up in one "witty" sentence. you can do that can't you champ? think of more than one sentence on your own?

I think the problem with it is everybody thinks criticizing Israel is the same as supporting Palestine when they're two completely separate things

When leftypol stops hating whites, I'll stop calling you nu-males
>wrong. british who wants the empire back
Clearly not, since you want to import millions of """ refugees ""
>buzzword
Hardly, its since your pro mass immigration
>>coward
>please explain your reasoning
>victim complex
Your the faggot who literally gets triggered by the thought of being an SJW
>i was trying to make sure you make an actual argument instead of using buzzwords. which evidently you can't do.
You SJWs aren't worth the effort
>Fuck off back to /pol/
Why should I when you leftists are constantly raiding with your SJW shit
>Again, if you're going to respond, don't use any buzzwords from your containment board and please address each of my criticisms instead of trying to sum my post up in one "witty" sentence. you can do that can't you champ? think of more than one sentence on your own?
Again, why should I waste time arguing with a "man" who hates his own race?

Fuck off back to leftypol, you White guilt faggot

Manifest destiny and westward expansion

The Crusades

The Civil War

Colonialism and Imperialism in general

It's really only a problem with normies, SJWs, and stormfags.

Hi there! You seem to be lost, for some reason you have been redirected to Veeky Forums! You seem to be looking for r/The_Donald! They'll be glad to hear your bogeyman stories all day, friend. Remember, underage posting on Veeky Forums results in a ban!

>Clearly not, since you want to import millions of """ refugees ""
please point out where i said that
>Hardly, its since your pro mass immigration
see above
>Your the faggot who literally gets triggered by the thought of being an SJW
You actually think there's a plan to genocide "your race, the white race" and I'm the triggered one.
Didn't explain how I'm a coward.
>You SJWs aren't worth the effort
yet here you are responding to each of my points like i told you to do. something you said you didn't like. some parts worth the effort and others aren't, right? sounds like something someone without an actual argument would say
>Why should I when you leftists are constantly raiding with your SJW shit
never been on pol so i don't even know what to say to you here. last time i checked it wasn't /altright/, it was /pol/. that means sometimes people with views different to yours can post their political opinions!
>Again, why should I waste time arguing
You tell me man, you're the one doing it. Feel free to stop posting any time.
>with a "man" who hates his own race?
>i like white people, i don't like people who base their world view off unsourced "information" and strawmen
>Fuck off back to leftypol, you White guilt faggot
more buzzwords. also,
>white guilt
see my first point

The only African countries that had a benefit from colonisation is maghreb countries because they were close and Europeans moved to them, pushing France to build infrastructure for them.

Also the fact that they were not black, meaning it was harder to justify slavery or exploitation of them.

Any interesting books/sources on the subject that aren't /pol/?

Reading about it and the Portuguese's failed colonial war on Wikipedia was very interesting.

Gnosticism. Every time it is mentioned, christfags will come moaning heretic or that you will go to hell. Worst of all is when they preach to you. It is part of my larger complaint that christfags are insufferable coz their willingness to take every opportunity to preach their religion and evangelize instead of discussing with an open mind

Fireforce and Counter-strike From the Sky are both good accounts of it. The latter is a tad more objective than the former since it's not a memoir, but the former is a valuable primary source.

>Veeky Forums is my leftypol hugbox
Fuck off you faggot LARPER

I know it leans that way, but that's the history.

Naturally I don't condone a lot of the IRA's stuff but understanding the context of the time makes it hard not for any description to favour republicans up until, as I said, they just became a protestant hunting gang.

But you're also wrong.
The IRA splintered into becoming a terrorist group when the harsh treatment by the RUC radicalised catholic youth in many areas of the city.
There was the IRA which colluded with the Brits on a certain level, with codewords for bombs for evacuations and whatnot, there was the IRA that was actually just plants by British, then there was the IRA that was "Join up to kneecap prods and kill brits."

To label them as "just terrorists" is blatant revisionism as their cause and rising was just contextually due to all peaceful political efforts to gain equal rights by the Irish Catholic at the time were met with violence.

The IRA now? A gang. Terrorists.

The difference is that from the start of the Troubles the Loyalists were geared toward the infamous "any taig will do" idea and killed almost exclusively civilians (although allow for some lee-way for unconfirmed IRA members.)

As I said in my post, the IRA splintered at one point and then those splintered even further after the GFA when the ones who were in it for the violence didn't want to stop fighting, but none of them could agree on why they wanted to say they would carry on the campaign.

tl;dr
>Not terrorists until post GFA, unless we count those who used the Troubles to fuel a new more radical cause
>Both sides killed innocents, but the Loyalists/British killed significantly more
>The Loyalist paramilitaries killed almost exclusively civilians

These are more reasons I find it so interesting, because despite all these facts there is a very common idea of "the ira are terrorists and always have been" idea in Ulster.

MAte that's just religion for you. It's supposed to be literal word of god, that means that thinking for a second that you and your word of god could be wrong is heresy. And heretics aren't christians,... etc.
Main reason I can't get behind any organized religion. I always have to be able to second guess myself.

It is not really the issue of religion. You don't see Buddhists or Hinduists shilling this hard on Veeky Forums. It is just the evangelical nature that annoys me

It's clearly not strawmaning since you speak and act like a generic leftypol SJW

>It's clearly not strawmaning since you speak and act like a generic leftypol SJW
>ignores everything I said and pulls something completely out of his arse because he has no argument.
You might want to look up what strawmanning means. You weren't strawmanning me you illiterate shit. Most of your opening tripe (the parts I pointed out for you) was a strawman.
Therefore, please provide examples of people saying what you pointed out, and it won't be a strawman any more. Otherwise, your entire point is bullshit because no-one says these things.

But let's break this down:
>speak and act like a generic leftypol SJW
Because I disagree with your typical alt-right worldview of "everyone is out to get whitey"
>leftypol
I've not even said anything vaguely "leftist". Go back and show me examples of anything even remotely "leftist" that I've said. Quotes please.
>SJW
See above. Replace "Leftist" with "SJW"

I want to talk about Holocaust memoirs and diaries and the adaptation of Holocaust stories when they're translated into English or published for the first time, and the evolution of Holocaust historical fiction books (both for adults and children) from the immediate aftermath to now, but it's pretty hard to talk about them on Veeky Forums without the thread immediately devolving into /pol/ shit

Kurds have the highest rates of inbreeding and female genitals mutilation in the ME. They are actually shitty people

The onner workings of the Nazi party and its rise to power. Pic unrelated

so basically white people just made the conflict worse

>Unique culture

Being a shithole isn't unique. Girls and fags prostituting themselves because of poverty isn't progressive or particularly interesting.

If my country was turned into a massive brothel I'd want to start rounding up capitalists too.

>modern day Sodom
You should go to SA some time. Its got all the drugs, poverty, sex parties, and debauchery that Germany had. Lots of Nazis too. It's actually kind of overwhelming how many amateur orgy videos come out of the Castellanosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=gLOvdgXSy_Q

You wouldn't be putting up this much resistance if you weren't an SJW

Fuck off back to leftypol

proving his point

>discuss something
>discuss something back
>REE YOU CAN'T JUDGE STUFF EVERYTHING IS EQUAL EEE MOMMY TELL HIM

when autism meets tumblr

He wasn't "discussing it". He simply said it was a topic that was too politicized, which you autists then proved by sperging out with highly politicized posts about it. Be less butthurt

>>Conversation usually ends with some faggot from Belfast telling us some insane shit like "Protestantism existed in Ulster Pre-Catholicism"

You should look up Tara. They expounded this

t. Prod

>You wouldn't be putting up this much resistance if you weren't an SJW

Not him, but this is the sort of mindset that really pisses me off about /pol/tards. The fact you have your ridiculous views is one thing, but it's so much more astounding that you manage to delude yourself that anybody who disagrees with you must embody everything you hate.

exactly

Every event post 1800

>calling shit shit is politics

REE MOMY

that is one shitty wojak

The Crusades

Why is talking about that a problem? Tbqh I've never even seen it discussed irl or on Veeky Forums.

> Veeky Forums
> a leftypol hugbox

Wew. First time posting here?

I would argue the opposite. Colonialism was what created the political clusterfuck that is now sub-Saharan Africa.

Anything to do with the British Empire or English history. I've never seen a country draw more hatred out of a board in all my years here.