Why would you buy a mass produced new car that depreciates in value over time...

why would you buy a mass produced new car that depreciates in value over time, when you could simply buy a undervalued classic car that could potentially appreciate in value?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1977-toyota-celica-gt-lift/6497126219.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sloppy seconds.

Shut the fuck up bruh, Z car part prices are soaring from scalpers and we don't need it to get worse.

by using it you cause it to depreciate in value

Because I want a car that's fun and reliable and not a old piece of junk

My engine rebuild is almost done and I'm excited as hell! Also Z thread desu?

The latest shell I picked up. Hopefully can start this weekend now that I've got it out of there and over to here

>Why would you buy a good, new car instead of an old shit one

????

>undervalued classic car
Oxymoron. They're all overpriced nowadays.

my mate has an s30 rotting in his shed he won't sell

>bought a fully loaded ae86 10 years ago for $2000
>slowly watch the price of them and parts creep up
>people jerking off on each others faces on for sale posts about how the $30,000 pricetag is "so worth it"
>"they're just mad cause they can't afford it"

I love the car dearly, but they seem to exclusively be owned by fuckheads these days

>S30 Z car
>Undervalued
You serious?
The vast majority of them have major rust issues too. No matter the japanese reliability memes, its still a 40-50 year old car that WILL need regular repairs and maintenance if you plan on running them everyday

>that paintjob
what was the previous owner doing to that Z?

The yellow stuff came from a 240z that some old redneck had tubbed and hot rodded. The fenders and shit were in better shape so I put them on the red chassis.

Then I sold the entire thing a friend and then bought it back. He and I got it down to metal and primered it a while ago. Going for the blue primary silver secondary two tone the 280zxs had

>I love the car dearly, but they seem to exclusively be owned by fuckheads these days
Got myself one about 1.5 years ago from japan in great condition. Had to pay about 10k including shipping, but it's so worth it, not a single speck of rust. I've since had the upholstery re-done and have fixed some smaller blemishes and issues, plus found a period-correct-ish Toyota radio.

I had the opportunity to buy a decent condition 77 Celica about 3 or 4 years before prices jumped way up on them.
Still kicking myself to this day.

Eh once sorted they are pretty reliable. There isn't much to go wrong. A dizzy plugs and wires. Two dependable simple carbs. Honestly mechanically they are pretty fine, even at advanced age.

On the east coast they are either 20k or rusted in half. Even s130s are getting rediculous in price.

I used to check craigslist multiple times a day for a liftback. They're both going up in value and becoming rarer it seems. The fact that most are coupes and rusted to shit doesn't make me feel any better.

What front bumpers are these? I know those fender flares half of S30s around have are a dealer option but I've found nothing on that front bumper

Do you own all of those?

Yeah, it sucks because I love that mini-mustang styling. I didn't buy the one I looked at because the price was just a little too low and the guy was just a little too eager to sell it so I felt like I dodged a bullet, but it's annoying to think that even if I had just sat on it for a couple years I could have turned a decent profit on it.

are 2+2 z cars worth it when they are 4x less than a 2 seater?

It's definitely getting hard to not just pull the trigger on shittier examples and tell myself it's a ""project"". I love the rear mustang view but I just know getting things like interior trim or body pieces would be a pain in the ass. Pic related is one I considered.

Mint ones only last a day or are overpriced boomer mobiles. This fag here among others lists his "ran when parked" piece of shit every few days and will no doubt single handedly make me pay more in the future.

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1977-toyota-celica-gt-lift/6497126219.html

Haha wow, I didn't know you Americans had the same problems finding classics as us Australians do.

Oh hell yeah, it's the "I know what I got" meme for sure.
70s Japanese stuff shot up in value in the emid 00s because they make easy project cars and are cheaper to run than big Detroit iron, now everybody with a clapped out Datsun thinks they're sitting on a gold mine.

Looks like a MSA type 1?

yea it's painful, trying to find a somewhat complete 1200 coupe here is good fun.

Someone today told me I should put a 12v Cummins in a 240, how right were they

Passed this last night, chucked a u-ie to catch this z. There are none around outside of the Datsun club so whatever.

All the excitement deflated as soon as he said it ran a 1JZ.

I fucken need and L block Z in my life.

>WA
I've never seen a Z in Aus, SA fag here, never seen one. Too bad it has oversized wheels.

because I don't want some old ass shitbox that I can't get parts for at all

because normies want that "new car feel" and useless tech that drives the car for them

fuel economy and reliability are other concerns, but taking care of that is still generally cheaper than buying a new car

God I wish, I just have it at a local Z specialty shop

Can't answer that for ya, guy.

I see a handful at Perth Datto Club meets.
Only 3-4 on the road in the the 4 years I've been driving full time.

I agree the tubbed wheels don't suit it.

rip.

My 74' Shitbox is worth more than 3 of my current 01' shitboxes

You can still buy almost all the parts though. Maintenance wise at least. Body and special parts and stuff, more expensive but MSA and Zcardepot carry just about everything

They actually do better on the track.

I also actually like the way they look more because I'm a heathen. Go for it. Worse case scenario you try and find someone like me who will trade you their 2 seater for it.