What's the most practical car for daily driving with pop up headlights?

What's the most practical car for daily driving with pop up headlights?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5_Xdi4T8mgI
youtube.com/watch?v=dBQmOXXvV9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

s13 hatchback

1989 accord

You can also get a hatch if you'd rather

My nigger

Mazda 323

probably one of those accords that have them

'93 Celica?

This
2 door, rear hatch Accord. It's a shame its almost impossible to find one in good condition due to its age

Another good choice

Volvo 480

Corvette. Not a car for pussies. If you're born in the 90s, not for you. Stick to your pussymobiles from China.

Own one and it's not exactly for the undedicated. You have to number one, change all fluids to be on the safe side. If you dont have rear discs, prepare for some disappointing braking power stock, 22mpg mixed, sub prius hp and if you're stuck with a 4AT, some less than optimal shifting.

Hahahahaha. Owning a dang chink mobile. You deserve it, poor child. Stop goofing around with your video games and drugs and maybe you could get a real job. Earn money and buy American. Dumb fools.

I'd say this is the main problem with any popup equipped car, they're so old they're going to require more than normal attention.

Boy it sure is boomer in here

Stay mad, little bitch. Hahahahahaha. I've had more cars than you could afford in a lifetime.

Hi dad

3rd/4th gen Firebird or NA Miata

I dd'd a 93 miata for 3 years and the time it left me abandoned was when the clutch slave went out

mazda astina/323f

Boom headshot!
youtu.be/5_Xdi4T8mgI

>american cars don't have pop up headlights

The Ford Probe, Pontiac Firebird, and Corvette C5 want some words with you, friend.

5th gen Celica

Gonna have to side with these two. an 89 is your best shot - it even has cruise control on the LXi models.

>corvette
>practical

EXi, too.

But what if you are bron in the 2000's

AE92 GT-S if you can find one

Corvette has pop-up headlights from C2 to C5.

I suppose it may have as well. I just know the LXi has it since I owned one a while back.

CC barely worked, and the engine would stall after driving high speeds and then stopping, but it was certainly a fun little car.

I DD my 94 for the most part. I do have a 2017 Accord for practicality though.

EXi for sure because i own one. Never tried it though, didn't appeal to me. But I am glad I did get one with nigh every other option.

I fucking wish I could have one of thses

The LXi I drove had every option I could possibly get on it.

what goodies did yours come?
if you have rear discs i'll be jealous

4 wheel discs. I don't really remember that well, it was early 2000s when I got it...

Not bad for a second car.

damn i got the rear drums
easy to service but eats my front rotors since they take the full brunt

The Cadillac I drive currently has a similar situation.

Front disc, rear drums. Stops real nice, but it wears down quickly.

Previous owner was kind enough to straight pipe it, and where I live there's no smog test for vehicles after 1992, so I'm off the hook there.

L26 > Northstar

Bro if I was 'bron in the 2000s I'd be ballin

I actuslly daily drove a 944 turbo for a while

Bought it as a weekender, but it was so nice to drive that I did it as often as possible. More practical than you'd think, and is way cooler than the shitty 80s rice boxes itt

F40

>850i
it basically got two engines
how you gonna get more reliability than that?

this was the stupidest meme ever, i remember a seeing a ton of cars with 1 light stuck open, the other wouldnt open ect...

so fucking retarted, anything mechanical will always break

but not any more right?

Anybody with half a brain can fix them easily.

My vote is any 4age Corolla.

Sprinter,levin,trueno, all good.

Pic related, my trueno.

Popups are a fun feature to play with. Why not right?

Popup thread?

Fuck yea! Popups!

MR2 SW20. It has enough storage for a dd and if you get the NA version, you will have good gas mileage. It will also serve as a fun weekend car because of its RMR layout. Forget about the snap-oversteer meme, it rarely happens on the newer generations.

Why not have both?

Toyota perfected popups.

KEEP POSTING POPUPS

>>MUH DEEEEK

UUUUUHHHHH

I mean,it's just a car headlight...

What's so great about them anyway...?

Bonus Buick Riviera

Has proper Eyes....opening top and bottom.

Also mx5 is always the right answer.

most ppl "fixed them" by just never lowering them

They're just linear actuators with a switching power circuit.

I never see popups day to day in Sydney...And if I do it's at a meet or another enthusiasts nugget.

back in the 90s when these things were actually being used and not some dumb ass classic-meme there were up all the time during the day, or just 1 open lookin dumb

An Ae86 with a 4age is honestly pretty easy to live with. I daily drove an 85 GTS for over a year. 185k miles with a rebuilt 4age donated by a dead aw11. 100 mile commute. Easy as hell to repair the small shit. More reliable than my 07 civic was most of the time. Tons of room inside the hatch which made moving and hauling parts easy. Got around 30-35 mpg. Don't buy a project or an sr5 conversion (shitpile), and it'll treat you well.

what's wrong with that cluster?

!!!!!

>ctrl f
>saturn
>0 results
come on now

Saturns are garbage.

I just love the 8 series

there was no EX, only DX, LX and SE models with optional fuel injection. Nice disinfo.

???

??????????????????
youtube.com/watch?v=dBQmOXXvV9M

I heard it the other way around mk1 has no oversteer, whereas mk2 does have "le snab oversteer" meme

Could I dd a car with popups if I work a minimum wage job? Also how often does stuff break on cars these old?

Of course you can. Celicas are plenty reliable and are cheap. Finding one in good condition is another matter

King of the pop ups

and staying on jack stands :^)

My friend has a '93 Saturn SC-2, It's got *performance mode*

How about an AW11?

please kill yourself

It's not the most practical, but it's far from impractical

It was modified with freedom LEDs. The left side is red. The fuel gauge only goes up to half, a full tank spans 4 or 5 gallons used, then about half a gallon spans the rest of the ticks, and one tick past empty usually means you have 4.5 gallons left. The speedo is off by about 20 mph after 35 mph, until it tapers off after 110 mph where it's only about 10-15 mph off. At least when it's cold.

>Ford Probe
>American Car