A mere v6 engine which shares 70% of it's parts with a pick up truck

>A mere v6 engine which shares 70% of it's parts with a pick up truck
>manages to defeat cars with 8,10 and 12 cylinders and with exotic engines

How does Ford accomplished this? Is this one of the best racing cars out there?

It's still an exotic car and expensive as fuck so don't worry about it.

does the ford gt share parts with a pick up truck?

or does a pick up truck share parts with a ford gt?

A four cylinder car won Le Mans outright.

>A V6

Jaguar XJ220 was the fastest car in the word with a V6 from a Austin Metro. How did jaguar do this? By chucking a shitload of money at it like ford did with their wee car.

>Is this one of the best racing cars out there
Probably if speaking currently, GTLM is also probably the worst top GT class there is right now and has been made soy in comparison to its parent class before it.
They all share engine design with Mazda so not too happy about the whole ordeal in its entirety.

>le soy meme
brainlet confirmed, opinion discarded

Its a figure of speech i don't care whether or not soy has anything to do with altering anyone's masculinity. You call people soy too.

ford just sand bags better in qqualifying than the others

holy shit, you are retarded

as a figure of speech is just equally as stupid

You call others soy too?

no because I am not some dumb /pol/tard lacking basic organic chemistry knowledge

soy is actually good for your test levels, isoflavones just mimic the compound, they are not the same, they are hundred times weaker, isoflavones interact with your estrogen receptors, effectively stopping real estrogen from binding to these estrogen receptors.

>no
But you have, i've seen you plenty of times you probably just don't now.
>rob spaghetti thread with the subject being "how do i be cool like him"
>to which you said he looked like a total soyboy.
I used the term "soy" because its still something people toss around for that meaning even if soy itself isn't bad for you.

>responding to a tripfag

Maybe Ford's pickups are just that good

v6 is a great configuration. Veeky Forums hates it because it can make a camry faster than a gt86. theres a reason F1 uses V6

>How does Ford accomplished this?
BoP. It helps keep the competition from going too much faster than it.

>Is this one of the best racing cars out there?
Yes, actually. I mean, it helps that it's factory-backed and run by one of the biggest professional racing teams out there, but the car itself is still pretty solid.

a car with no cylinders won lemans outright

not street legal

>The Ford GT hasn't even been in 200 races.

Fake news.

Thinking cylinders and engine displacement make you a "man" is that absolute state of overcompensating soys.

Nah, i just like better engines.

>better
>bigger
Not always true the best engines in the world are I4's on sportbikes.

GT2 was the same shit senpai

>Not always true
But in the context i'm arguing regarding GTLM vs GT1 it is. doesn't mean i want every single car on earth to have a Cammer (wouldn't mind if mine were swapped with one) its a straw man i wish people would stop making.
Top class was GT1 before GT2 became the top class after GT1 folded in 2010.

>better
>cancelled class

facts point otherwise

GT1 in the '00s sucked, though.

every time i see one of these ecoboost threads I cringe because I drive a SHO

This. But I guess it's the only thing the anti Ford GT folks can cling to.
>well it might be faster, but it's not as manly as I'd like my companion to be!

>70% of it's parts with a pick up truck

I HATE THIS FUCKING MEME

NO FUCKING CAR OR TRUCK HAS THE SAME TWIN TURBO V6 THE GT DOES

AT BEST THE F150 ONLY HAS A SINGLE TURBO V6

AT THIS POINT YOU MAY AS WELL SAY THAT THE AVERAGE EUROKEKSHITBOX HAS A BUGATTI ENGINE

Which EUROKEKSHITBOX has a W16?

Which EUROKEKSHITBOX has 10 radiators, 1 of which for the hydraulic spoiler lol.

The Buggati engine is literally four 2.0L single turbo engines welded together.

sperg more

this desu

this, F1 uses it and it uses automatic gears. F1 is also the fastest sport known the man.
now whos the soyboi?
o btfo

Dude are you fucking retarded? Every single ford ecoboost V has a twin turbo. Its just easy to plumb.
Only the powerstroke and inline engines have 1 turbo.

Daily reminder. Single > twin

686 :^)

>when you realize the powerstrokes exhaust goes inwards because the turbo is in the valley

What fuckery is this

Many have a VR6, which is what the Bugatti engine is cheaply based on.

Mine has a VR5, which is also based on the VR6. Therefore, my car is basically a Bugatti.

>tfw now W8 passat

It's referring to Chip Ganassi's win count

I hope you feel dumb enough to never post again. All ecoboost v6 are twin turbo

Ah cool, perhaps you can point out the weld seems?
>but my kar has pistons
>and that kar has pistons
Brilliant correlation. Meanwhile the GT and F150 actually do share the same engine.

They don't, though. Most of an engine's parts are in the valvetrain, which is not critical to output in a turbo engine. 70% of shared parts means basically nothing.

1.- I don't like auto
2.- I am not a MAGApede
3.- I don't use the word soyboi

you need to try harder

It means basically everything lol. There are already raptors and f150s putting out more power than the ford gt.
That powerplant is getting modified everywhere and basically youre a fucking idiot.
It isnt hard to grind cams. It isnt hard to swap heads. It isnt hard to get bigger turbos. It isnt even hard to tune it.

People have already put Ford Gt 5.4 heads on their mustangs in the early 2000s. Youd be a fucking retard to think it wasnt possible in 2017.

Making this even funnier. 03-04 cobra heads ported actually flowed better than stock gt supercar heads.
So thinking some dumbass with a v6 ecoboost twinkle in his eye cant make up that 30% up. Is dumb.

>tfw the ford gt land speed record doesnt really have anything more than this terminator

>this, F1 uses it and it uses automatic gears. F1 is also the fastest sport known the man.
>now whos the soyboi?
lol soviet at his best

>Most of an engine's parts are in the trivial componentry which affects state of tune
Cool, that means a small block chev with a 250°@.50 camshaft is an identical engine to an RB26 with a 250°@.50 camshaft by your retarded logic.

There are no 10 or 12 cylinder engines anymore dummy. They are cucked by displacement restrictions. Even the C7 is forced to use a relic of an engine, because the 6.2 is too big.
And no sweetie. Its nowhere near ford's best racecars.

Maybe GM should take a leaf out of Ford's book and use a half ton pickup engine
>it overheats and spews its oil on the first lap
Oh yeah, they've already that.

They are pulling a porsche by sticking to N/A V8s out of stubborness. They are the last of their kind, since aston switched to turbo as well. That or they are waiting for the next gen to pull an ats vr with the turbo v6

>Austin Metro
Should be noted said metro was a Group B homgolation car with said engine shunted into the wrong place. Then had turbo's stuck on it when put into the XJ.

sperg more cuckold

one win after a decade of attempts

mazda won the top category in their first try

Based

as usual