With the right modifications, can the demon be a track car

with the right modifications, can the demon be a track car

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-porsche-911-gt3-test-review
caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-toyota-corolla-automatic-test-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

No, spend less and get a hellcat instead which is already closer to a track day special.

Or don't get a Chrysler at all because they're fucking garbage

No. its just too heavy
its purpose built to be a straight line car

It's very heavy

If it shed some weight, would it die?

A drag strip is a track.
It's a purpose built track car

It still would be extremely heavy

You know what he means

It's 120lbs heavier than a M5...

so is it possible to give 840 horses and a 9 second quarter mile to a track car?

Anything's possible if the check clears.

For you

Why must FCA spend most of their time and money on shitty performance cars instead of actually researching how to fix the problems their shitty cars have so they never have the same problem again? Stupid company.

Dodge = Something you avoid
FCA = For Cuckoo Amerimutts

We are well aware of how to fix the issues with our vehicles. The product development that goes into the SRT division has little to do with the reliability and quality of our products compared to manufacturing.

not really I mean I guess you could but for the money there's way better options if you want a track car like a gt-r or corvette or even a 3k civic with a few simple mods

well lets see what you own faggot. post pic of your car with a timestamp and Veeky Forums somewhere

>we
>our
>our (again)
who are you

:^)

not really. does not have good gearing. also the steering geometry is built for straight line steering and the front tires are too thin

I don't have a timestamped pic at the moment but you can have this one and this next one with a "bread" on the hood.

Hey FCA user, would you mind bringing back Lancia? K thx

Listen here Tim Kuniskis I get that you're trying to carve a market niche with the whole drag thing, but could you please make the next Challenger T/A actually a Trans Am car? If you lost the weight and improved handling the car would be a great track toy like the ZL1 and GT350R

Don't give Sergio anymore ideas. I'm tired of all my profit going to develop vehicles that we don't track the 3 MIS and 24 MIS Warranty for.

>The SRT emblem on the rear is the legendary symbol for invincibility! Can you get close enough to read it?
>Coming out of the turn, accelerating from a low gear is what this car does better than any other!
>The Miata disappeared? It can't be!

>If you completely changed everything about the car it would still be behind comparable products sold by Chevy and Ford

I love the Challenger, but no. Just no. That entire chassis is set up for a drag/straight line car. The suspension geometry would need to be completely modified and a lot of weight would need to be lost (which isn't easy). The Challenger is great at what it does, don't try to make it something different. If you want a fucking pony car and not a sports car, then buy a Camaro or Mustang. Don't fucking try to get rid of the last true muscle car.

>Holden badges on a Chevrolet
What a fucking ricer cuck

>M5
>track car
just because it’s only a bit heavier than a heavy boat of a car don’t mean shit

>Englishtown

N-NANI?

Reviewers say it handles better than the hellcat so I don't see why not

Just don't expect amazing laptimes, the thing weighs as much as a small planet

I love the demon and old dodge, but holy shit domestics in general (especially FCA) are incredibly shit tier. And if a pajeet thinks a company is shitty, it really is a steaming pile of shit.

>Well aware of brand tarnishing issues
>Does nothing

I'm sorry who the fuck are you?

*heartbeat starts playing*

I remember listening to the Chief Engineer of the Mustang talk about how Ford couldn't figure out why their manufactured transmissions were unreliable and hard shifting compared to Mazda even though they were the same design. They tore down both transmissions and found out that only the Mazda sourced transmission was to part print. The only thing that matters is if you made your numbers for the build.

If you stripped out all the weight it would be interesting.

F (to the dignity)

>They tore down both transmissions and found out that only the Mazda sourced transmission was to part print.
once again in english please

Yeah wtf does that mean

It means that the Mazda transmission was built as it was designed to be and the Ford transmission was made with scrap/rejected parts.

Holy Christ, you guys are retarded. You can modify a Challenger to be a track car. It isn't even hard. With a really good racing suspension setup (like Eibach has half a dozen of for the car), it becomes a lot more reasonable. Through in some chassis stiffening and get some custom aero and you can maneuver a lot better.

Weight only matters if you don't have power to back it up. Consider, if you will, that a stock Scat Pack can pull .89 lateral G's on a skid pad. That is nearly as much as a fucking 911 GT3.

You factor in aftermarket upgrades and the car could be VERY good as a track day car. It won't ever be as fast as some of the higher tier cars, but with 840hp and a good setup, it could theoretically pull better lap times than the Viper ACR.

It isn't ideal, but don't fucking tell people they can't build a Challenger to be a track car. People do it. People Auto X them. They do time attacks with them.

Hell, I'm building an R/T for that exact purpose.

My guess is it would do pretty well even if it can't turn great. The power would make up for it compared to 70% of track day cars.

Besides it would still be fun even if it's not amazing. I still think it would have one of the better lap times. It would be slow compares to a Porsche or 700Hp + proper track tuned car but I really doubt true faggot in his brz driving with perfect apex

I'd wager that a Nascar set up for Sonoma is probable pretty damn close to that.

I never said it needed to be reliable, hell, they managed it with the Viper

They did it in the 70s, and when I said "new generation" I mean an entirely new model line, not the mid-cycle refreshes they have done since 2008. Besides the Challenger has already been ln racing in Trans Am since it's inception, even now with the current model

As a dodge tech I can 100% assure you the demon can be a track car. As long as it doesn’t have any turns. Better off with a hellcat on e85

*overtakes you in superior dodge dynasty srt demon*

>the right modifications
you answered your own question retard.

>.89
>nearly as much as a 911 GT3

caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-porsche-911-gt3-test-review
>We recorded 1.12 g on the skidpad

caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-toyota-corolla-automatic-test-review
>Although the Firestone FR740 tires give the car the grip to achieve a competitive 0.82 g in our skidpad test

tl;dr - the Skat Pack is closer to a Corolla than a 911 GT3, you are a silly person.