Modifying a perfectly good stock car

>modifying a perfectly good stock car

I seriously hope none of you do this

Fuck you buddy I bought it I get to do what I want

I feel genuinely bad about what I did to that nice miata. I think we both felt relieved when it got totalled.

>stock truck doesn't come with 37s, 5+ gearing, skid plates, and two winches
Why even live

>modifying a perfectly good stock car using certified warranty-friendly parts from the manufacturer
I'll have my cake and eat it too

>certified warranty friendly
All parts are warranty friendly. According to the Magnusson-Moss warranty act, a dealer has to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure. Very hard to do.

>Install aftermarket mods
>Car breaks down
>Manufacturer proves mods caused malfunction
>ur fuged
vs
>Install certified mods that don't break warranty or extended service
>Mods themselves have a warranty as well
>Something breaks
>ur no fuged

What exactly are you modding and why would you need to warranty it? There is no such thing as a "certified mod" unless your paying 3x market to have a dealer install a turd

I hate it so much. I don't care what they do with new cars because there are plenty of them out there but it hurts so much to see a classic with a timeless design ruined by tasteless idiots who have to mess with the clean design by putting tacky shit on the car. It makes me angry that someone would look at the smooth design of the rx7 and think: this is boring.

Now it's harder and more expensive to get a classic sports car unmodified.

The only good mods are the ones that are easily reversible and improve drivability and comfort.

Coil overs tuned for smoothness and good tires on light wheels with improve a car more than anything and is simple to do

>Now it's harder and more expensive to get a classic sports car unmodified.
This has always been the case

O hai there

>buy me for 30k

but i did

Get off this board I guess then, dickmuncher. Cars were made to me modified! Also whats your definition of "modifying?"

What modifications are approved by Veeky Forums?
I reckon performance modifications are OK, like suspension or tyres

>being OP
>brand releases tuned sporty version of that car

Only mods that objectively improve the car.

2003+ mr2 spyders came with much better underbody bracing for example, so I think it's ok to put a good aftermarket brace there on a 2000-2002 model

>ops face when he sees a aftermarket intake

What's the hardest car to find unmodified?

>modifying that shit tier ugly base model
go ahead

>modifying the Spirit R
fuck whoever does this

240SX

I'm going to go ahead and say the Supra

>tfw saw a relatively un-molstered 240SX parked curbside downtown three afternoons ago
>had a big 'ol whiskey dent on the rear drivers quarter panel
Fuck NFSU2 for making me like that car

Kids are destroying Z32s left and right lately. It's the new 240.