Why do Americans say turbocharged engines are unreliable?

Why do Americans say turbocharged engines are unreliable?

Police in Mexico run turbocharged F150 / Lobos past 1 million kilometers of paramilitary use and half the taxis in Mexico are turbocharged Jettas enduring millions of kilometers of shitty Mexican roads. Do Americans just not change their oil?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Jetta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I live by one of the police service centers and I constantly see Ecoboost trucks, SUV's and cars on flatbeds heading there. The more power you squeeze through a engine the less reliable it gets.

High compression motors simply don't last as long. Take a motorcylce engine for example. Squeezing 200hp out of a 1 liter with 12-1 compression makes the engine over stressed so you never see a liter bike for sale with more than 40k miles. Obviously a turbo car engine isn't as stressed but naturally aspirated medium compression engines just last longer.

Diesels are another story however, the run by super high compression and thus a turbo doesn't effect the engine life nearly as much; plus diesels run much cooler than gasoline motors.

>Why do Americans say turbocharged engines are unreliable?
>Police in Mexico run turbocharged F150 / Lobos past 1 million kilometers of paramilitary use and half the taxis in Mexico are turbocharged Jettas enduring millions of kilometers of shitty Mexican roads. Do Americans just not change their oil?

Think about how much weight the Americans cars are loaded with, most are probably well over their max payload on a daily basis. That's enough to prematurely wear any engine.

those lobos aren't turbocharged and most taxis are b13 sentras or korean/GM shitboxes

stop lying faggot

Mexicans are more or less about as OBESE'd as Americans, statistically

Most police service Lobos are turbo units. Some have the V8 motors but most do not.

They stopped making the Tsuru last year. It's like 50% Jetta, 50% Versa/Sentra now.

The new American police cars (Taurus/Explorer) use turbo engines

>Police in Mexico
Yes a sign of quality and sense known throughout the world.

Not like your FBI is any better

what are you talking about? before 2016 every lobo either had a v8 or a N/A v8, and Jettas and versas aren't turbocharged either

But police sell off their cruisers at around 90-100k anyway

>Jettas aren't turbocharged either
???

manufacturing wasn't as good in the 80s so you'd have more engine failures. nowadays we have all the kinks sorted out but people don't like to change their mindset

FBI is the inferior US spook organization.

>before 2016 had a v8 or a v8
>Jettas aren't turbocharged

I mean, you're not wrong.

>filename
Juan Avyu*

not every mk5 and mk6 jetta is turbocharged

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Jetta

umm, yeah dumbass
see

Mexicans are fatter than Americans now.

Government vehicles don’t rack up that many miles. Even dedicated patrol vehicles with daily use spend more time idling

not true

True

You said "jettas arent turbocharged". That's a big difference between "(not all) jettas are turbocharged". It's just semantics but im just sayin

delusional

>Mexicans are more or less about as OBESE'd as Americans, statistically

>Manlet Mexicans consider 80kg "obese"
>a 150kg Amerishart is barely considered to be in "Muh Kurves" territory

I'd accuse you of cherrypicking except we all know you Lards need Mexicans to do that

>t. el abominacion

>I'd accuse you of cherrypicking except we all know you Lards need Mexicans to do that

Oscar for best writing goes to user.

Idling does wear out your engine, bae. Hours on the engine, even at idle, are wear that accumulates, and especially patrol vehicles get crazy amounts of time put in those engines. It affects diesel engines more than gasoline ones, but still, you're throwing a good bit of gas into the oil, which isn't at a high temp (since no load to heat it up) to boil off the gasoline, oil thins out over time, yadda yadda. Still not sure/can't get info on how bad it is compared to start-stopping all the fucking time, since you're killing your precious oil film every time you shut off your engine and that really does rape your engine

And if people don't think us spics abuse patrol/gubmints vehicles and rack up miles well beyond what they should get, you're sorely mistaken. Hint: the money that /would/ be spent in new units goes to some rich fucker's family, friend, or "business associate"

>I'd accuse you of cherrypicking except we all know you Lards need Mexicans to do that
Beautiful, 10/10

Eh wtf last time i was there every taxi was a green vocho

The main reason you never see sport bikes with high mileage is that they get used less frequently than cars, and they often are wrecked and totaled before reaching high miles. My 600 has ~50k miles on it, still running strong.

>why do Americans say *retarded statement*
Gee I don't know OP, I don't know

because muh veeate

Because relative to NA, they are.