So is there really any reason to get a MR2 instead of a miata?

So is there really any reason to get a MR2 instead of a miata?

Depends on your preference of cock

This.

/thread

It's only slightly less gay, unless you get an older body style. Those are dope.

It's slightly more unique than a miata.

they look cooler but are not as fun to drive

MR2s are for if you like female (male) cock

if anything 3rd gen mr2 is even more gay, though it's hard to beat second gen mx5 in this departament

how cares if you're gay if you're faster

What other FR car can I get as a craigslist special/poorfag special besides MR2 or Miat? I have a budget of about $3-5k

They look really stupid without a hardtop and wing.

they dont look that bad really
its small and pretty cute in person

MR2 isn't FR. You could probably find any number of BMWs or 240sx/300zx for around the $5k mark depending on where you're from.

If i'm going to drive a tiny car, I want it to look like a condensed, focused handling machine, not pic related.

Snap oversteer is a shit meme. Literally every mid-engined car handles this way.

I guess if you really want a mid engine car that kind of looks like a budget Boxster but ugly.

Miatas are gay as hell but they're also some of the most fun cars you can get at any price range, so don't let that stop you.

>lighter
>a little shorter
>more exclusive

>fr poorfag special
v6 stang.
190e
Thunderbird
e36s
panther bodies
miatas
Rangers and s10s are also candidates but their trucks so pick whatever.
E30 if you like risk.

>Miatas are gay as hell
They are but that they way of the roadster. Driver is there open and exposed under god's sunlight ready to take scrutiny from everyone.

it's mid-engine what more do you want
elises are 30k

mr2 is just as fun as a miata

No reason to buy an MR2 over a 986 Boxster. Clean W30s have crept up to early Boxster prices. A heavily tuned W30 will out turn a Boxster, but honestly, if you are going to heavily tune it, it will be up around $15k, which is almost at early Elise prices.

Just get a Boxster or a Miata

>lighter
>more powerful
>mid engined
>no meme weight distribution
>beats porsche boxter out of factory
>slays 911's with good driver and engine swap

If you want aftermarket your are forced to go with miata

Why not Honda S2000?

>MR2s are for if you like female (male) cock
based

no, mr2 shreds boxter from factory and its no heavy tuning to make it better, just coilovers and chassis stiffening, wheels, tyres, brake pads.
They call w30 poor mans elise cause it handles like one not cause it looks like one.

MR2 can weigh 950kg with mild weight reduction. and can be engine swapped to make 180bhp and still be the same weight
And everyone who has been to track knows driving skill, weight and handling is king. Only reason to pick boxter over MRS is in case you need to carry a fridge home every day.

Honestly many people think stock mrs takes 20 seconds to get to 30. It does not. Go compare how fast it is compared to others you'll be shocked.. It is not slow car by any metric except the Veeky Forums echo chamber.

there is no boxter or miata in hot version finals.
There is one 2zz mrs that broke lap records and orido.

honestly not in the same group as miat or mr2.
Have you driven them? Youd realize s2k does not even feel similiar to those two even if you are not driving. S2k takes itself way too seriously.

>>Miatas are gay as hell
>They are but that they way of the roadster. Driver is there open and exposed under god's sunlight ready to take scrutiny from everyone.
so you have to be a real mans man secure in your sexuality to be able to drive a miata then

That can't be a fe(male).

Too expensive.
>S2k takes itself way too seriously
That's a funny way to write it's the better car in every single way. Yes it cost Boxster money new so it's not totally fair but whatever.

Sarina Valentina

The Techno Spirits MR-S has well over $25k put into it. An Elise with a rear sway bar and some good shocks and springs would shit on it for around the same price.

A stock 986 Boxster pulls more lateral g-forces on a skidpad than an MR-S (~.91-.95 compared to .88), has a faster 0-60, is more practical, and in most cases nowadays, slightly cheaper for a clean one. From the factory, the W30 is more of a comfy cruiser than anything.

Also, the 2ZZ is a torquelet engine that weighs considerably more than the 1ZZ, which is a boring pig of an engine, especially in a fun car like the MR2 (ask me how I know). A full 2ZZ swap with C60 6 MT that is tuned (if it isn't tuned, it will be making jack shit for power) will run you at least $5k.

The very fastest the Spyder is rated for in terms of 0-60 is 6.8 seconds (being rated at 7.1 by most) with a >15 sec quarter mile. Not slow, but by no means quick. The US market didn't get the 6 MT or a factory LSD option, so that further takes away from the handling. MacPherson struts and a cushy suspension further take away from it.

There is a reason why the Boxster has its own spec series. It is a fantastic car that can be made great. Granted, the MR-S can be made great, but it will get shit on by a Boxster tuned for the same amount of money.

Oh I absolutely agree its way better built than MRS and Miata but MRS and miat have puppy like personality, they are fun, light and feel like it.
s2k feels a bit too serious.
Like I was considering s2k but i ended up with mrs because I enjoy the lightheartedness and mid engine more

i agree boxter is great but you are taking us spec mrs. In which case you might as well go with boxter.
I keep forgetting amerimutts get cucked with retard versions of every car.
here in eu the spyders are a bit faster and nimbler and do 0-60 in 6.5 and come with lsd.
1zz, coils, good rubber, light wheels and not adding nigger subwoofers is plenty to make an mrs into a race car as long as the track is twisty

They're both fun cars to drive. They're both Japanese with similar maintenance requirements. Whichever one you like best?

Never thought I would be a Miata guy, always thought they were gay as fuck. My car exploded and I needed another ride instantly and I got a nice Miata for a really good price, so I went with it. It's not fast but it's one of the funnest cars I've ever driven and I really like Miatas now. I don't give a fuck if it's a hairdresser's car.