Started driving Lyft today to make some more money on the side, beside my other part-time job

>Started driving Lyft today to make some more money on the side, beside my other part-time job.
>About 5 hours, 8 fares
>30 miles x $.50 a mile = $15 wear and tear on my car
>About $10 gas expense
>$48 earnings after Lyft fees
>$48 - $25 gas and mileage expenses = $23
>$23 earnings net for 5 hours of work

Nights at entertainment district fag
Pump the side money into Uthereum and be rich in a year

I had considered driving nights this weekend... fag
What is Uthereum?

Good on you for sharing profit with a freeloading app company

KEK WILLS IT

Its what made /biz the richest board on Veeky Forums, queer

I get that you are really interested in guys, but I'm not really interested so maybe you should just fuck off.

>having that saved
Youre not fooling anyone. Bring lube when you when you get other fags from clubs

>when you when you
>when you when you
>when you when you
STUTTERING STANLEY STUTTERING STANLEY
guess you got shaken huh? no one's interested in hearing more about your graphic faggot fantasies.

>reading reading into it that much
Relax t.Tyrone

Here is her vag if you want it

are you autistic by any chance?

30 miles is $10 of gas? More like $3. Don't forget all gas expenses and mileage are tax write offs.

lmfaooo, this is autism, you two ACTUALLY got offended by calling eachother fags. Retards. Both of you.

write offs, or deductions?

$15 wear and tear? where you driving around user?

>$15 wear and tear
>implying a 2003 civic is even worth that much

>23$
TOP FUCKING KEK
stay poor faggot

Yeah, but you get the freedom to work whenever you want and however long you want.

You should be grateful you're not already replaced with software.

> $23

Make more than that asking 23 people for $1.

kek, because it's actually true

Probably true. The guy who begs at my interstate off ramp probably makes at least that much in an hour.

Uber and Lyft are basically "car equity lines of credit" since you're depreciating your car faster for a small albeit instant sum of money. There was a good article out there on this. It's a trap for poorfags who can't make the next month's rent. Modern slavery.

My company reimburses driving at a rate of 52 cents per mile, which includes both gas and wear and tear. Not sure if your 50 cents/mile for wear and tear only is correct (unless your car is like super expensive maybe)

An average $25,000 car driving 120,000 miles to death would be 20.8 cents a mile, but that ignores maintenance. To land around 50 cents a mile you would have to ultimately pay $60,000, base + maintenance.

Yes you're depreciating your car faster, but that's being covered by your income. Everyone who runs their own business has to do the same with their tools.

Think of it like this, instead of (using my previous example) buying a $25,000 car that will go 120,000 personal miles, you're buying a $18,750 car that will go 90,000 personal miles. It's a wash, the main consideration is if you find driving more stressful than a day job.

If I had a 4-door I'd totally drive on the occasional Saturday night and most definitely on NYE

>mirror or shiny glass?
>orange or fruit?
>pencil or writing utensil
name more of the same things

$23 / 5 = $4.60 an hour.

That's pretty shit. Lyft is obviously a meme.

In my experience the most abundant uber (never used lyft) drivers are older retired people who want to make a little bit of money/are lonely and want to talk to someone.

I wouldn't view it as a way to make good dosh.

But if you're going to do it, find a college town near an airport, build a consitent customer base and then reap the the sweet 30-40 minute ride to the airport fares. I hear thats where the real money is.

>Lyft

Literally pink mustache taxi cucks