ITT: Cars that did not deserve the hate they had to endure

Other urls found in this thread:

2040-cars.com/Pontiac/G8/gm-museum-concept-car-grand-prix-g8-awd-ls1-ram-air-viii-trans-am-camaro-pow-911439/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this one also looks quite fresh still

Mk3 did nothing wrong

bangle butt, 2000s BMW electronics, etc. journalists weren't very kind but we have to admit that it was a pretty good car

W140 S Class.

People actually fucking laughed about it all the fucking time, called it fat elephant and worse.

2018: The W140 looks like a midsize sedan now.

I absolutely love this design and worse than hatred, people actually IGNORED it. It was just a shitbox to them while they fawned over Alfa Romeos like the 156 at that time which in my opinion didn't look beautiful at all.

>journalists weren't very kind
in germoney they shilled the fuck out of that car. top positions in all kinds of ratings all the fucking time.

this but unironically

It does look like a bloated W124. The W126 was better looking for sure.

Interesting, I own that car and it's been great, I also like the look of it and find it interesting that my headlights are still perfectly clear and loads of late 90's, post 2000's cars had headlights which went all frosty and yellow as plastic lenses failed.

>tfw ppl reuse old ŠKODA epithets

>bertone design
I think opel fucked it up with fwd
>nice look
>comfy
Had opportunities to drive 3 different pugs, all of them drove so smooth. Perfect cruiser

Maybe the headlights are actual glass? Could you investigate for us and tok tok against them? Glass should sound a lot different than plastic.

Comfy. Practical. Versatile. Roomy. Unique. Cheap to maintain. Good visibility. Cheap. Good driving dynamics for an econobox.

How did they become the prime handmedown car for people on the bottom rungs of society then? Only time I ever see a PT half the paint has peeled off the body and its got some cheezy Taz/Tweety Bird decal on the back window at least 3 dents/body scuffs and some faux chrome license plate frame from AutoZone

Yeah they are.
The fading/frosting I was talking about

The chassis is made of pure garbage.

They were bought by old fuckers then given to kids when grandpa died

>IGNORED
They sold shit loads of them.

Pre-facelift looks way better.

this particular car deserves all the hate it gets

Deserve literally all the hate tho.

that will show user for sure heh heh heh

>Yeah they are.
That is fantastic.
I like the car even a bit more now that I know they used actual glass for their headlights in times when shitty plastic was already the norm for headlights.

I've literally never ever seen someone hating them

i hate them

Well thanks, asshole. Now you ended the era of me not knowing anyone who hates them.

aside from the shit electrical system and glass transmissions?

It's only real crime was being decent looking

the VR6 is great. My friend has one (had one? idk he hasn't been driving his in the winter and he was talking about selling it). Goes like a rocket and sounds even better

Don't know where you're from, but that car was pretty successful. The 2.0 diesel at the time were great engines. If anything could be criticized was the asking price. A tad high. A tiny bit cheaper and that car would have been a major success for Peugeot.

When the rear suspension literally breaks off from a car like clockwork on a certain mileage, that on my and many others books, doesn't fall into "pretty good car" territory. And now that they're getting older and going on the second hand market it's when you'll be seeing those horror stories surface more and more from the asshats that got swindled into buying them with the underlying condition.

and having a terrible engine

Yeha but that was in line with everything else Hyundai had been offering. They had not made a good car before the Genesis, just shitty econoboxes for people who couldn't afford mainstream econoboxes. What they hadn't done up till then was make an attractive looking car.

;_;7

>Be me
>Poor fag in a third world shithole
>Only car i can afford is pic related
>You see a lot of them on the streets, but a lot of people hate it.
>Still, had the car for a few years and the car gave me zero problems
That's it, a lot of people hate Chevrolet Corsa. Yeah, it's a bit ugly and not the best car in the world, but Corsa is cheap as fuck and you can literally fix the car by yourself. So if you dont have more money you can trust that Corsa isn't going to get fucked in a couple of days.

?

I really wish they brought these to Canada.

HE HATES IT!

The fuck are you on about? My e60 is at 102k and the suspension is still great, I have good fun on the touge with it. I’ve never heard about this from any e60 owner at all. Fact is it’s one of the more bulletproof cars bmw ever made.

with some modern headlights and rims it would really look almost up to date

people just shift all of their frustration on the corsa because they have to stick with it.

it is an absolutely solid shitbox and gets the job done. also doesn't look too terrible! there are WAY worse looking hatches of that era.

excuse me, not a burger. what pontiac is this?

I was wondering the same, looks like a Pontiac humped a Mustang

Grand Prix with some aftermarket garbage on it.

Fuck the MK4's tho.

These using both the Isuzu diesel and the older Family 1 petrol engines are absolutely bombproof, and when something does shit the bed it's easy as fuck to fix. If you can get past the below average chassis and grip, you have a car that will last without major issues. There's a reason that from all the 90's cars, the only ones I still see regularly are Corsas and Corollas.

WHY?!

just wanted to give you a strong NA engine for an affordable price

But this one's infinitely better.
Also hated for no-reason.

did you inherit mommys asra user?

Guess I'm not loving how the bulky looking thing looks. Also there's a lot of them. Diesels and wagons..

>>driving dynamics
What do people mean when they say this?

bland styling, rust, mediocre build quality, was a little behind when it comes to safety features.

These mediocre, bland shitboxes certainly deserved to be run into the ground by careless owners eventually

How is a Turbo 400, or a 4L80E depending on year, considered glass?

>4wd
>turbo
>bland

fuck you

This was an E-Type replacement.

And it was, dare I say it, a better GT than the E-Type.
Plus it's one of the prettiest V12 Jags, the V12 E-Type fucked up its own styling.

Are you a fucking chav or something?

No one with self respect would drive that piece of shit.

If you are American and can't buy it then it makes a bit more sense but if you're in europe then actually kill yourself Peugeot makes utter shit and is overshadowed by Renault

>bland styling
Yet it's the best looking of all of them.

not aftermarket. That one specifically is a GM-built concept with AWD and an LS1 V8
2040-cars.com/Pontiac/G8/gm-museum-concept-car-grand-prix-g8-awd-ls1-ram-air-viii-trans-am-camaro-pow-911439/

My great-grandpa owned two E-Types and an XJS. He drove the XJS more often than he did the other two cars.

> t. Lynn

>No one with self respect would drive that piece of shit.

Elaborate. Sounds more like you ate all the fucking memes at once, faggot.

yet imo its best s class ever made
people who love it, luv it with heart bb
w140 a cute

wow 40k.. gm must be pretty hard up for money these days..

They are really nice cars. Great to drive, and comfy as fuck (so long as you're not in what passes for the back seats).
But they are blessed with range rover tier reliability. In other words, they don't have any.

They are the sort of car only three kinds of people ever own:
>the jag fanboy / collector
>someone who doesn't know what they are getting into (yet)
>masochists

WAY too old by now

You call that old? Lol

Ugly euro trash.

>a 3 decades old car isn't old

I can legally drive this car anywhere in the world and the mileage is great, good build quality, faster than most commuter cars on highway for passing.

Dont get all the hate.

>I can legally drive this car anywhere
so you decided to drive upside down

The 04-06 Automatics that had severe problems ruined the name, but thankfully they permanently dropped the prices :^)

but it's not fun to drive and their are cummuters that can get similar gas mileage that are, at least, a bit more
>EF or EG hatch
>Mazda Protege
>Toyota Corolla

they all had problems

Hence the word "severe".
The 13BREW could be a good engine if you either put in new oil lines and an upgraded pump, or just deleted them and premixed.

;(

i cri everytiem

>first model years that where proudly hencho en mexico

>it fucking shows

MK3s where a mistake.