Poloniex BTC Lending, anyone?

Why I never see a thread about BTC lending on Veeky Forums?

Someone just took my loan offer with 0.75% DAILY interest rate on poloniex. That will give me about 33.3333% return MONTHLY, assuming I'm reinvesting all of my profit and people take my loan all the time.

There is minimal risk on it other than BTC price collapsing.

I'm pretty new to this but if I can get even 10% profit monthly, I prefer to do this instead of memeing myself shorting shitcoin.

Let me know your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OVn8fAMAh6U
poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That loan return percentage can easily fluctuate.

I decided to set up a bot to automate my lending.

Pic related.

I put 0.4 BTC on Polo. Half I use for lending. The other half I put in a budget to allow myself a chance to learn daytrading altcoins.

So far lending has given me pretty consistent return with much less stress, but I've made big, huge wins with daytrading alts (Though it's hard to judge if I'm making good trading decisions or if it's just a byproduct of a really good altcoin market).

forgot my pic

guy's that's all peachy and all but you need a bigger cap to actually start earning real money

0.2btc monthly yields miserable 0.0015 monthly

I don't have a whole lot of BTC yet, and I figure I'd diversify.

I'm giving this about 2 to 6 months. If my gains trading significantly outpace my gains lending, I'll put more into trading.

I'm completely ready to admit I'm working with babby amounts of money right now, but I'm one of the luckier wageslaves with a job with shit-tons of downtime to do whatever. I use this time to trade and/or code.

yeah but if you leverage your .2 or .4 at x3

and margin trade into the huge volatility on the shitcoins you can make 0.01-9 in minutes

for example you see one shitcoin is going green for 2 candles you go long and wait 5 minutes and sell and you literally made more then you could by lending it for a month

While you not wrong, I don't in any way trust my ability and skill to recognize when to leverage and short just yet.

I'm feeling good about my basic ability to recognize trends, buy valleys and sell peaks on the big 3 on Polo right now. I've actually already made 0.02 BTC in two days from just that. I'm thinking about whether my strategy going forward should be to invest profits into margin trading vs. Making a proper long - term buy of of the big three alts.

All that for $20/year

just keep margin' and riskin' it all bro

life is not in wining the game but in the rattle of the dice in your hand

risk it all

PoloNoob lurkan

Someone explain Margin trading to me like I'm a 5 year old

Yes, fuck off back to raddit you faggot.

Wow really made me think

youtube.com/watch?v=OVn8fAMAh6U

how did you get 0.75% when everyone else is offering 0.03 - 0.1? How long did you have to wait?

Lending offer get eaten in a fraction of seconds, just try put 0.45 and it will be consumed within 10 minutes if you dont believe me.

Actually I offered 0.3 btc for 0.45, waited 5 mins, nothing, then I offered the same 0.3 for 0.23, got consumed in about a minute. I'll try 0.45 again when I get the 0.3 back. Have you tried margin trading as well? Riskier I guess but wondering if I should give that a try too.

Tried it, I made a nice profit longing ETH, but I realize the risk is too high for me.
You are correct the lending interest paid proportionally based on duration (probably minutes), so someone will take high interest for sure, but in the grand schema of things, you will never actually get full 0.75% daily interest, your best bet is putting low interest and hope its immediately taken as the lender close the margin.

0x800320294B3b292469e3701D6b6322d01689e183

Just a wage slave taking any opportunity that arises and doesn't give a shit about begging.

Send money, or don't. Your call.

Isn't there a risk you don't get all the money back?

Don't understand why anyone lends ETH on polo. Interest rates are super low. Why even risk it to make a few cents per day?

That's why all the lending is in BTC, not ETH.

Interest rates my rise, but yes, lending isn't being done via ETH right now.

>I decided to set up a bot to automate my lending.
What kind of bot did you use?

I mean it would've been monthly if you made it for longer than 2 days. Next time, put in 60 days.

Highly doubt those will hit again.

I put a 2 day loan on 0.2400%, when I put it, average loan was going at about 0.02. Now all the loans are at about .3

No, people who take a loan need to have BTC already on their lending account, so losing our BTC chance is 0%, because polo will liquidate the lender asset before it defaulted.

No one said to lend ETH, lend BTC, you can get pretty high interest rate, putting 0.25% daily rate almost guarantee your loan will be taken in a few minutes.

well.. if you lend bitcoin and the other guy shorts bitcoin, he makes profit on your costs, probably not the smartest idea if you don't plan to sit on the BTC for long

not the best times to lend bitcoin

have you guys seen this?

>What if I have my Bitcoin on loan at the time of the fork?
>If you have Bitcoin on loan at the time of the fork, you do not have it on balance and therefore you cannot receive corresponding Bitcoin Unlimited.

>Why not?
>When someone borrows coins, they typically borrow them to sell immediately on the spot market to counterparties who cannot possibly be aware that the coins they bought came from someone who borrowed them. Spot traders unambiguously own their purchases, and are the rightful recipients of the coins on the new chain and they can do with them what they like, whether that is selling them to others or taking them off of the platform entirely.

>The terms of the loan dictate that you will receive the same number and type of coins you loaned within X days plus the agreed upon interest.

poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/