Why is handling gold and silver so satisfying Veeky Forums?

Why is handling gold and silver so satisfying Veeky Forums?

>the shine
>the sound
>the weight

it's so amazing...

It is pretty amazing. Sometimes I just take out my coins and jingle them for minutes on end.

shoo shoo gains goyim

peter schiff pls go

Love how it goes up and down in value but never a big risk so never a big reward. And if I ever have too use them as currency there's prob. bigger sht going on and people will barter goods and services over shiny metals in such a barren world. They're collectibles and neat like comic books and signed baseballs. As for currency the people want what's next not what was.

Word, i got about 50 ounces silver and 1 ounce gold. love the rounds more than the bars.

Want to have 200 ounces by summer, think this debt ceiling stuff is going to royally fuk the economy if they start defaulting. inflation city.

why do you think it had value long ago?

Now, it's extremely useful for industrial and electronic purposes.

I agree user, but no money to be made on it.
It's more for satisfaction, not for gainz.

don't be silly, it's not just for satisfaction but a way to maintain wealth beyond the paper money.

it's equal to buying land.

Like I said, not for gainz.
Just for fun.

Except land is a liability

At least land can potentially bring you value buy working it.

Shoo shoo dwarf.

you (pic related)

One time my dad gave me a silver coin for a while when I was about 7. It was at that moment that I realised that we were created by the Annunaki to mine gold

you are a true poor fag if you think this

i got about 8k in silver
sometimes i regret it other times i love it

2 kg gold reporting in. (photo of the first one, now 2 in a treasure in the bank)

feals so dense, like a "magic" force that pulls more than usual gravity

I'm pretty jelly desu, wish I had £33k to convert into gold.

Humans like shiny things and they are relatively dense.
Land can be developed or leased. Tax consequences are also different.

>Buying impure gold eagles.

yuck

For the record, I don't handle my gold coins. .9999 gold is soft and prone to scratching.

if you ever read a book you'd know silver is by far the more attractive fall back currency to gold, why do you think shills pumped it so much earlier?

But for realists, bars/generics are not great investments. They will never gain over melt value no matter how cool they are to hold.

Coins with varying designs or from certain years are more sensible gamble. Depending on how good you are at getting a deal.

apart from the silver comment, the complete opposite of what you said is true. numismatics =/= investment

>Be Jew
>Turn 22
>Sudden inescapable urge to own gold and silver kicks in
>10% of all my monthly earnings go into a growing pile of gold and silver in my safe.

Is it genetic? Why did this happen?

it could be much worse
you could be one of those idiots that collect jordans or beanie babies

Be sure to test some of it, counterfeits have been going around.

Because the gold sickness from the Hobbit is real.

Wish I could find a place in Europe to sell me old silver coins for less than 20% over spot. They're just so nice to play with.

>fake toning
I used to make coins like that and sell them at a premium
good to see there's still a market for it.

my favorite project was a morgan dollar worth about $5k that I heated up in the oven to 450F and then misted with drain cleaner. That thing was a fucking beauty.

you think a genetic jew would be attracted to fake gold?

Bump

germany fiddles the rules with lower premium
or you can risk singapore via private courier

get in Singapore? is 20% over spot good?

correct me if im wrong, but 1kg gold is currently like 37k euros, yes?

Fuckin love it. Love wearing a gold chain worth more than a car while most people cant even afford a full tank of gas. Hahahaha

>tfw you have to pay 20% VAT on silver in the UK
is it legal to buy it elsewhere and import it or is that smuggling?

If I had to guess it's probably legal as long as it's under a certain amount (probably a large quantity) and you aren't intending to re-sell it.

>.9999 gold is soft and prone to scratching.
I love Krugerrands for this reason.
Krugerrands are made of an alloy with 1oz gold and some copper.
They still scratch, but only about as much as a regular coin. Also they don't carry a serial number and are accepted virtually everywhere.

If you buy through Bullionvault you can avoid the VAT, but there are other fees and monthly storage costs

>Gold began his first business at age 12, buying pizzas and reselling them by the slice to fellow students at Hebrew School.
:^)

Personally I just wear my gold as a shirt.

Those are toned silver eagles.

germany sells it vat reduced as "used"

its not, you will get new silver

if its not delivered it does not exist

i'm certain they smell the difference

may i ask where to buy silver in germany?

ayy didn't that dude get smurfed?

Didn't Deutsche Bank confiscate all the physical gold of their clients not too long ago?

>tfw you can't afford more than 10oz of gold

I wanna be like Scrooge McDuck

Just get yourself some silver

be the poverty version of scrooge