So your car got written off and you are in the market for a new one. You don't have any specific in mind...

So your car got written off and you are in the market for a new one. You don't have any specific in mind, but what is an absolute must that a car for you must have?

Heated seats, climate control, must be manual... name it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9KTnmPjxr4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Manual, 2 seater, cheap and RWD.

2003-2004 350z.
Have fun.

2 doors, backseat but at the bare minimum driver's side has only one door

No awful grill and ayy headlights

Manual

Unfortunately I am not its mother, for it has looks only one could love.

shit taste

I must be my car's mother because I have the roadster, which is even uglier.
Normal 350z doesn't look that bad, though.

>n54 135i
you'll thank me later

This.
Make sure you avoid the 05-06 model years. They have crazy oil consumption problems.

Meh. It looks big and fat, too curved without being adventurous enough on my eyeballs. It looks... Basic.

The one thing I hate is it kind of went for a sporty hatchback look but the hatch is fucking useless because they put retarded shit in the way seemingly only to remove cargo space.
It honestly feels like the roadster version has MORE room than the stock one because of this.

Forgot pic

It's there for support. It's part of the frame

Mx-5 na with 300hp

For sure, but even for a 'sports car', a huge strut brace right in the middle of your trunk is a bit much, especially when it tries to be as daily driver as possible.

It's going to be written off for, what, the cost of a 20 year old Subaru Outback? I don't care about write-offs.

It's a tough market and I can't decide. Give me one-month or two-month leases for a year and let me find out what I'm willing to pay for.

ventilated seats
a v8

manual
awd
reasonably quick
safe
reliable

so a 30 year old Audi

Must be older than 2005. And a 4 door

rear wheel drive
manual

manual
CD player

The Sfr if they'll actually make them

manual
aux lead
at least 2 seats

Manual, heating and cooling is nice, hopefully a tape deck or aux, has enough room to carry my things, can get me from SoCal back to the Midwest without breaking, and can be worked on by myself

>cable throttle, feels like it used to
>cable clutch, feels like it used to
>pneumatic brakes, we're getting better on this
>mechanical steering, quick rack, not over-boosted

Most of all:
>I can hear and feel the guttural roar of the air and fuel being sucked down the thirsty throat of the intake when I tip the throttle open
Nobody cares about some stupid exhaust speaker.

Fun/makes me happy

Dually 1 ton deisel, back up camera, 360 overhead camera. Heated seats/stearing wheel. Aux plug in. Other than that i dont really care.

>pneumatic brakes
Why would you want this?
I agree with everything else, but I'm not fond of cable stretch on clutches.

Why would I want pneumatic brakes? Or did you quote the wrong thing?

Correct, pneumatic brakes (as opposed to hydraulic).

>not wanting based Westinghouse brakes
Good catch. Sorry for my word salad.

you'll thank me later
>injector failure
>fuel pump failure
>turbo failure

>more power than the old one had, due to automatic transmission and slightly underpowered it took an uncomfortably long time to get from 0 to 60
>climate control, of course!
>seats easy to clean
>has an AUX plug-in for the iPhone (my 2006 Sonata doesn't, so I have to resort to CDs or radio)
>hands free cell phone (via Bluetooth)
>on-board dashcam
>basically everything else my 2006 Hyundai Sonata had, really

To each their own, not sure pneumatic/westinghouse has the modulation or time to on/time to off desirable in a car, though.

Manual, Rwd, air conditioning

Why majority on this board looks for cars that are at least 20 years old? Do you really like fixing it every weekend so much?

Absolutely must have 4 wheels, and I'm not going to settle for any less that one engine.

Diesel
manual
absolutely no leather seats, they suck ass
rwd

rust free swift

Diesel
Manual
Body on frame
4x4
Low range transmission

comfy seats, adaptive cruise control, rwd or awd, looks good.

forgot to add that it needs 0-60 less than 8 seconds and over 250 hp

I must have fun/enjoy driving it. Really, nothing else matters desu.

The 135iS is better in stock trim. the N54 has mega power potential but the N55 is more reliable, refined, and makes the same power as the N54 did from factory, at least in the regular 335i's

Also, the auto in the iS is a 7 speed DCT vs the 6AT in a regular 135i auto. Of course, the 6MT available too.

My friend sold his clean G37XS coupe and bought a 135iS somehow not paying anymore than 2k on top of what he sold his old car for. Paid 23k CAD and had under 60,000 KM, very fun car and being the N55 it's actually reliable

youtube.com/watch?v=9KTnmPjxr4Y

Wagon, RWD or AWD, jump seats, cheap, "sufficient" power.

300TE
E320 W124
E320 W210
Buick Roadmaster/reskins
Volvo XC70

Any more?

Two or three doors, four seats, manual transmission, no entertainment.