Thinking about buying a 1993 325i. The guy selling it claims it runs. Either looking to scrap it or Work on it...

Thinking about buying a 1993 325i. The guy selling it claims it runs. Either looking to scrap it or Work on it. Kinda a noob so does anyone know what to look for in a 3 series car.

>Kinda know
>Buys German car

Boy you're in for a treat

They best advice for buying a bmw is don't

dont

different user but why?

Because they believe in the le Euro cars are unreliable meme.

BMW's from what I've seen are very reliable.

take it from an owner - just don't do it

>does anyone know what to look for in a 3 series car
forums exist for a reason

Get a Mercedes 190E instead. Better build quality, less problems, higher resale/collector value. Let Boris the Gopnik and Farzad the cheapskate Persian buy up the rest of these E36 cars

Goes both ways. Burgers believe the ad slogan of BMW being the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and drive the piss out of these car until they're on the brink of major repairs and then put them to the used car market. A well kept BMW is an amazing creature but these are a rarity

>he says on a Taiwanese chicken chariot forum

>slow
>unreliable
>rust
dont do it go get a gm v8

BMWs last one Chad. If you're a Chad and the PO was a Chad, it will break on you constantly. Most of the Chads at my work have that problem.

>two verts
wtf is wrong with u

They aren't that bad in terms of reliability IF the few major problems areas have been fixed. If you don't know what they are, that's the problem, you should have already done the research and know. You also need to prepare yourself to work on your own car, if you take it to the mechanic every time something breaks, it's going to be extremely expensive.
And about twice as slow

go for it
the only deal breaker problem e36s have is rust
and you can inspect for that before buying
everything else is easily fixable
parts are cheap, the car is simple to work on
and there's a whole lot of documentation available

E36's being fast is a myth. I test drove a 94 325i for sale and it was pokey and slow, and took higher revs just to move off the line slower than my 190E 2.6

Exactly

ignore these tards op

e36's are all mechanical little electrics, if your pic is the one youre looking at buying, it looks like it hasnt been messed with which is normally good

this was mine, 1.6 4 pot good fun

>muuuh KE Jetronic

it works as long it works
if something fails you are doomed
>have fun to try and error 80 possible fuckups and find the right one to fix your main problem
>half of the other parts might be broken too but are not the cause of your actual problem

Do it op great cars to learn mechanics skills, tons of info on how to repair and modify them literally anything you would want to know how to do has been documented on forums. Parts are relatively cheap for german cars. Only thing is if you plan on modifying it for power youre better off getting at least a 330i. As well these cars are very pay to play in terms of the drive train only worthwhile (in reference to price and time) power mod besides headers is forced induction which is ats its cheapest and most unreliable a couple grand.

Man idk what your problem is, I'm nearly at 300000 miles on my '92 2.6 and haven't had a single problem with the fuel system. Stop buying your Mercs from the local drug dealers and you'd not see those kinds of problems

THIS. I have done way more maintenance for myself with my German cars since they are straightforward and many times self-explanatory. On the rare times they aren't there's a fuckton of online forums where dozens of bros with your exact model car have posted a QRD of how to service.

i am looking to sell a '93 325i one for a friend, $200 runs
absolute crapbasket
plz to buy
100% serious