I fucking bought new rotors once, the car had done 200000km and rotors were $300 i think for the whole set...

I fucking bought new rotors once, the car had done 200000km and rotors were $300 i think for the whole set. looked nice but i swear they were the SAME fucking thickness. they appear to last forever

so before i waste my money again. do rotors really need replacing after losing 2mm of thickness over 200000km? keep in mind brake pads are 8mm thick each side of the rotor and some people wear them down to basically nothing so u have 12mm of play it seems.

solid rotors, not slotted or lightweight or anything.

As long as the pad won't fall out when it wears down, you'll be fine. Also realise that less steel means that it's ability to store heat is reduced.

i am a boilermaker and u just made me realise that the thermal expansion rate of steel would make the rotors expand the more you brake. so more braking means hotter rotors which means THICKER rotors and better braking performance

like .1% but thats like 6 months of wear

>hotter rotors give better performance
Lmao.

thats why you are a boilermaker and not a race engineer.

Good post
Am mech fitter, don't mind boilys but are definitely lesser beings

>4 lug
>that caliper appearance

your rotors are lasting forever cause your toyota is light as shit (I have one as well). And as long as you keep buying the "quiet" pads then the rotors should be good for ages

lmao I did a fitter post trade course as a fucking joke last year and now doing associate degree in engineering mechatronics and another cert IV engineering (instrumentation) on thursday nights just for fun. other than you faggots probably not even knowing post trade education is a thing cause youre too fucking stupid is me getting a post trade certificate in a course made for fitters without even having any recognition of prior learning signed off showing youre also fucking useless at anything other than converting imperial to metric off the top of your empty fucking head

It might be the waking up 3 hours early and the monster not kicking in yet, but I don't feel this was actually English

kekd

As a mechanical engineer and now working aerospace engineer the only thing you're fitting and turning is your fist up the asshole of the english language.

Fuck off you presumptuous fag, go smoke another pack of winnie blues and act more hard.

Don't be upset mr boiler installer.
But you'll be a boiler installer propably because not only you sprout total bullshit with total authority but you refuse the opportunity to learn.

>I am in engineering school
>So I am already an engineer with decades of experience in the field and state my arguments through a field of broken statements that when read is hardly making any sense

Classic student.

I remember being like that feeling like I was some hardcore motherfucker since I got a cum laude and then in real world I realized I knew jack shit.
A year on the job taught me more than 4 years of uni

>refuse opportunity to learn
>but does post trade study in every engineering field
wtf lmao

Your brake/rotor wear has nothing to do with how much you drive.

A plane mechanic (which is "aerospace engineer" without glitter sprinkled on it) is one of the worst mechanical maintenance jobs in the entire world. What's it like getting paid fuck all?

>makes retarded claim
>"mate youre retarded"
>"heres a page long broken english rant with my middle finger covering up my name on a cat massaging degree. This irrefutably proves that I know everything because of my extensive experience from packaging boilers"
yeah.

>doesnt have a cert IV in engineering

>solid rotors
Hmmm, is this typical? All the rotors I've had in my cars had vents inside them so that air could flow outwards due to "centrifugal force". Picture of carelessly over worn rotor shows what I mean by the air cavity inside a rotor.

yes thats solid aka one piece rotors. You can also get two piece ones which significantly reduce weight and improve brake cooling but they are usually way more expensive.

Autism

Lmao no, just no. Aerospace Engineers don't fix planes, they design them. I'm an AE student and I wouldn't be hired if I applied for a plane mechanics job because I didn't go to trade school for a degree in that. However, I am applying to Boeing, NASA, and Lockheed-Martin and I've already had an interview with NASA for a new satellite project that will be monitoring weather patterns that I might get to work on the structural analysis for.

>it hust started making this noise

just replace the brake pads in time and your discs will literally last forever
"brand" brake pads are worth the money, they won't eat your discs up that quickly.
of course gentle driving, moderate breaking will keep your brakes in a good condition for a long time.

I usually use up 3 sets of brake pads
By the 4th time I replace the discs too.
Since I basically drive a taxi model parts are dirt cheap

>fulfilled the requirements for
>MEM3
wew boiler lad

>Australia
That explains it all. Fit a boiler in your ass

Why do you feel the need to defend your profession to people on the internet

>gentle driving, moderate breaking will keep your brakes in a good condition for a long time
Except that once in awhile, people think I'm brake checking them if I'm going down a hill. I will apply brakes moderately every so often instead of getting to the bottom and jamming the brakes on hard. One time, some high school age kid with his friends (they looked really young, can't be more than freshman in college) in their new lexus SUV was really pissed at me. He thought I was brake checking him on the hill when I wasn't. It's his fault too for tailgating me on a hill of all things.

Sometimes, prudent driving is not worth doing when some dork insists I just let the car drift down the hill at whatever speed the incline lets his Lexus go.

Looks good. That driver converted his vented rotor into a solid rotor. He's getting his money's worth out of that rotor like any frugal driver on Veeky Forums would do.

Because I like to imagine that I'm somehow I'm having an effect on that person's opinion and somehow making the world less ignorant.
It's a fantasy.

I work on space vehicles, not planes you fuck. Try again.

Jesus christ I'm on fire today, pasted my own post link. Anyway comment stands

glad there's a thread on this topic, I was thinking of buying this full set of rotors and pads on ebay for only $125 usd, seems too good to be true but apparently they are made to Japenese JIS D-4411 Industrial Standard. does anyone know anything about them?

Looks like Chinese garbage.

yeah your probably right, I found some RDA ones for only an extra 50 bucks, Ill get those. thanks

>JIS D-4411
some kind of standard for brake lining and pads, and if you want to know more anywhere you have to pay a pretty penny, so to the consumer, its means shit all.

>Confusing thermal expansion and thermal capacity.

There's no such thing as cheap good rotors.