What does Veeky Forums feel about episode 10's coverage of SUV's being shit in every way?

what does Veeky Forums feel about episode 10's coverage of SUV's being shit in every way?

Other urls found in this thread:

pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&M=355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing I didn't know.

>episode 10 coverage of suvs failing to get up a smooth grassy hill and going into limp mode
>episode 11 of a motorbike on bycicle wheels and a overweight old merc going through real shit

what exactly is this limp mode meme? is this a real fucking mode why would they program that into a car the second it actually has to drive off road

also LMAO at the tesla X bit

because these SUVs cant take so much abuse. the awd components overheat quickly. limp mode saves them from catastrophic failure

limp mode is like a fuse.
It blows so the rest of the system doesn't

but does it literally reduce to just that crawl speed?

does it eventually go back to normal or do u have to have it serviced

I think we can all agree that season 2 has been a thousand times better than season 1?

depends
sometimes you can just shut the car down and wait a bit and it will be restored to normal

>but does it literally reduce to just that crawl speed?
Yes. Most cars won't let you do more than around 40mph flat out, some go even slower.
>does it eventually go back to normal or do u have to have it serviced
Usually have to reset it with a diagnostic, although I think some a procedure to reset it without needing one.

sometimes just restarting the car works too.

well except for the fact that like 3-4 episodes in the middle were nothing but ways to incorporate fucking JAGS....on top of each episode having the "fags in reasonably priced jags" segments

so when you're off road and presumably less than favorable conditions u have to just sit there and hope you can drive out of there sometime in the next hour or so?

if you’re going off roading with a piece of shit “”SUV”” like the Alfa romeo make sure to bring a OBD code reader with you

The Porsche overheated the transmission, the Alfa went in limp mode for two reasons: making a turn with the handbrake and using race mode on that surface.

It's a retarded test, I'm pretty sure the same would've happened with a 991 and a Giulia Q.

True, I skip the Face Off segments

except when they brought in the Ford Raptor it destroyed them going up hill

Except the Ford raptor is another kind of vehicle, has a different purpose and way different wheels.

What did you expect from D segment crossovers?

*D segment crossover in their top sports trim with 20" rims.

point being that they showed "SUVs" are a meme and off roading require either a Land Rover which is more a jeep or a proper truck

or a Panda 4x4

If you were going off road you wouldn't use the cars they did. They're as capable as a regular road car, just taller.

also, why again are Raptors banned in brittan?

They aren't.

but they said so in this episode and i remember back on topgear when they reviewed it, same was said

probably cause of emmisions or some shit

i just googled it and theres a bunch of 2017 articles about it FINALLY coming to UK

but its been out for 5 years

they aren't sold in the UK but you could import one I think

It's a load of bullshit. You can import pretty much anything into the UK.

There is a few for sale right now
pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&M=355

what show is this?

But then again if you want to attemp a mild off road you don't pick the Porsche Macan "ultimate giga autism boy race pack" or the Stelvio Quadrifoglio, both lowered down and with massive fat wheels and ridiculous rims.

They should've tried with non sports trims of the same crossovers (read crossovers not suvs because they're literally are the sedans they originate from but lifted).

The Stelvio Quadrifoglio doesn't even have the tow hook on this trim because it's suggesting that it has to be used on the track and normal roads...which is what 100% of its owners will do, also change "track" with city and shopping centres parks.

To me it was a stupid and kinda offensive comparison.

They should've just made the usual episode of the big road trip from A to B where in the end they fall in love / hate / meh their cars and tell us why instead of bashing them with pointless tests.

With that said, the Stelvio giving 6 seconds to the macan (judging by how shitty Clarkson drove) was pretty impressive and they should've focused more on showing us how these performance suvs drove rather than...you know.

It's just entertainment for brainlets at this point.

good luck parking an F150 in most normal parking spaces in the UK

The merc didnt go through real shit though, it got towed out of every puddle and bugged in everything it didnt stall in

>that wall of text
An SUV is an SUV, chief. If it can't handle anyhing rougher than flat asphalt, it's shit.

You mean the American alpha? Turbo six engine, similar body color, and similar claims of sportiness and utility.
Their big mistake was not bringing a trackhawk. I know that they're yuros so they can't have FCA junk mop the floor with sports car brands but it's the only SUV that can out-drag the model X at a lower price point to boot.

But they're CROSSOVERS non SUVs.

Pic related is an SUV, can you see the ground clearance and the tires?

This is a crossover.

And so is this.

So, the comparison is both stupid and rubbish since these cars are not supposed to handle anything beyong mild off road.

This is an SUV

Both of those are UV's, nothing sport about them.