Bought 2,500 worth of ETH at 3:33 for 51.80 - Look at this downward spike that occurred just several minutes later...

Bought 2,500 worth of ETH at 3:33 for 51.80 - Look at this downward spike that occurred just several minutes later, and then disappeared from the chart.

What was that?

Other urls found in this thread:

gdax.com/trade/ETH-USD
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=147716.0
cryptocompare.com/coins/eth/charts/USD?p=1H
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EVERYTHING IS FINE

That's what I posted on the Wharton thread, I literally shat my pants

That was me dumping lmao. Get out while you can.

This I just dumped 300 ETH

That spike disappeared from the chart...was it a glitch? I mean it's gone, now.

Someone dumped a shit ton of ETH for cheap as fuck. People are actively manipulating BTC/ETH as we speak. Making lots of money. You're playing in their game. Good luck! :^)

No, the coinbase chart won't show a dip like that after a few minutes. Try gdax.com/trade/ETH-USD

IT'S DROPPING ABANDON SHIPPPP BOYSSSSS FUCKKSAKDAKSDKMASFJASJKFJKASFJKASFJK

ALL OF MY ETH FOR $54 AND $49 IS NOW FUCKING PROCESSSINGGGGG

Is this the elevator back down?

>coinbase charts

It really is noob central in here these days.

when did all of you chucklefucks arrive on Veeky Forums?

ABANDON FUCKING SHIPPPPPPPP

LOOK AT THAT DUMPPP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IM NOT SELLING BUT LOOK AT THESE DUMPS

I'm in this for at least a couple of years though...my gut tells me that this is yuge. This technology. My gut was right about TSLA, AMD, AAPL...My gut has not yet failed me. I've seen bigger gains in ETH than anything else. Bought in at first on Feb 28 at around 15. Then at 28. And this time at 51.

Good luck, I wouldn't be buying now though. This doesn't look good. At least short term

I'm sorry guys, this is because I bought some ETH.

This crash started happening literally minutes after I bought in.

I had the same effect on bitcoin.

It's okay. Buy more when it crashes back to 5 dollars

I don't understand this chart.

There are over 30k orders open for $80?

Its $45

Holy crap its sell off

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=147716.0

Not necessarily could also be a turning point so hold your horses

Did you even look at the market cap?

The market cap dropped from 4.7 billion to 4.67 billion....

Someone sold a bunch of ETH for dirt cheap at $35.

Three thoughts I have:

>it must have been impossible for him to sell that much at $50, so he had to sell for cheap

>was this one of the original miners/hodlers?

>this also tells us that ETH is extremely volatile and CAN be easily triggered by market cap/volume fluctuations.

>it must have been impossible for him to sell that much at $50, so he had to sell for cheap
Which suggests he doesn't have faith, right?

This was just a fluctuation, not a key point. We're still going to the moon.

The early miners will always shake things up when they make their moves. They own more than all newfags combined at this point.

Not necessarily.

I think the seller was one of the early miners. He had already probably made a fuck ton of money from getting in so early, but when he tried to sell he realized he was selling too much volume and the demand to buy at $50 wasn't high enough. So he sold for cheap.

That big seller at 35 might send this way lower. Its basically saying that there is no large amount of buyers in the 40s and 50s just for 1 guy to sell large. Not good confidence builder

It's hanging on at 42

Well of course the demand wasn't there considering how much he was trying to sell (and at an all time high)

He sold .1 billion ETH at once.... And he purposefully did so at 4 AM....

This tells me it was an early miner who is already on the moon & trying to cash out because

34 ON BITFINEX LOL

ITS OGRE

> cashed out at 45$

How does it feel getting a - ROI And losing $300 rn at $35?

It's going back up

MOON RIDE

FUCK I ALMOST SOLD TOO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA JESUS FUUUUUCK MEEEEEEEE

I bought in $1500aud @ $70 so im a little hurt. I have faith its going to go to bitcoin numbers one day though

The guy who did this is laughing his way to the bank right now though

Just writing this its jumped back up remarkably. Should've held out a bit longer and bought at that dip but oh well. In it for the long haul now

LMAOO ITS GOING BACK TO 50

what app is this?

This thing can be easily manipulated. I'm out fuck this

hope we crack 70 for your sake mate, but a hard lesson learned but a valuable one trust me, don't rush in and buy on a pump and dump

or hold and enjoy the moon views. you gotta earn your moon tickets and grow some balls of steel unless you just trying to make a buck here and there and forgo the lambo and mini mansion (LA market)

It was a miner dump. This shit happened at Bitcoin too. Don't worry about it. That's what you watch for and sell at your highs then watch for stuff like this especially during pumps

Nah it's alright, I don't really do anything with my savings anyway. Opportunities like this don't come around very often either so i thought fuck it.

When i was at work today peaking at my phone and seeing it go up so fast i thought i'd be buying in at $100, so any ETH I buy below that price is a win for me. Assuming its potential is a great as BTC

Hmm, we can only wonder what the trips may mean from here...

Back to $20 if dubs its already back to 39

I bought in at 41. Should I just leave it and hope it stabililses?

>could only buy 2.7 ETH during the dip because of ridiculous id verification procedures and weekly account limits

goddamit

Fingers crossed

>people worrying about the price and not how many coins they hold

Mate I bought in @ $70 AUD as well, but granted not at $1500 since my coinbase noob account limit was / is still $250. Dont worry we will sit next to each other on our moon trip

Don't forget to sell low.

Early miner probably cashing out. Market cap fell noticeably. Someone out there just became very very rich.

I had 2300 ETH now I have 1500.

I'm freaking the fuck out! This is my BTC!

WILL ETH GET TO $1000?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Buy the dip. Do you really think ETH is a scam? Companies are buying it.

This thread is full of complete fucking morons who will panic and sell. They don't understand the concept of holding on to their stakes.

Like this fucking idiot child:
Don't bother trying to help them.

What is the best website to follow prices and changes??? please help a newbie out

cryptocompare.com/coins/eth/charts/USD?p=1H

(((They))) removed it.

Why do you think all the globalist corps are loving Eth?

its impoosible for every one to have sold at that hr, its probably a conspiracy

yeah most apps arent high frequency, youd have to pay a monthly fee to see the actual pennies changing a million times a second

That could be a glitch but, when a bunch of people buy stock it becomes more scarce and more expensive. Since its value goes up more people sell it. And when everyone starts selling its price starts to go down. which again causes more people to buy.

This pattern occurs in all durations of trading (scalping, day, swing, etc.)

Maybe some larger shareholder dumped his shit and it got bought up real quick.

Does anyone know how many shares of that are out there.

Why did it disappear though?

If there was a literal gap in between candlesticks in the feed. that's actually referred to as a gap and sometimes the data just wont feed.

I think they can occur for other reasons two.

But it's not a gap, refer to the price listed on user's screencap

Are any math fags here that can answer this.

If a share is worth 40$ and enough sold at 40$ over a period of 1 minute causing the price to drop to 35$ how many shares were sold in that minute.

Is that mathematically possible.

That's the guy that's going to get caught insider trading

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!

Read up on how exchanges and match-making price discovery work.

It's absolutely possible, but not without additional data about the order book.

I think the missing data would be total number of shares

Can you explain "that's not how it works"

Can you send me some ETH for my birthday?

I used to hang out in Oceanside breg. What city u in

I'm not OP and will not send you cashes

this, he's an idiot. He could have just set a limit sell at 50 or 45 and the volume would have easily bought it up over an hour or two but he sold it all instantly which tanked the price momentarily