Will Buick ever produce a car people want to buy again?

Will Buick ever produce a car people want to buy again?

Yes, this is currently selling like hotcakes

To chinese peeps and rental companies.

Isnt this Opel Mokka or Meriva lol?

>He doesn't know the Chinese are buying Buicks like crazy.

They're all Daewoo Korean shitboxes underneath. They sell it everywhere under different badges.

GM is to busy making a new Camaro every year while pushing the Corvette into obscurity to bother making anything interesting for Buick

>thread

The Chinese aren't people though.

>Holden left to rot in favor of shitty fucking camaros, FF shitboxes, and fuckhueg pickemup trucks
It hurts lads

no, they can never be as luxurious as a cadillac, or as fast as a corvette/ camaro

Except their peak, which was faster than the Corvette at the time.

The only vette worth mentioning from the 1980’s is the ZR-1.

The rest were just a complete waste of company resources and time.

Old people really like them.

>Sigma platform CTS.
I feel your pain.

then chevy made sure that would never happen again

>Daewoo
Show me a Daewoo badged version Daewoo was killed off during the bankruptcy.

>mfw reading this thread
>mfw no face
Why is Chevy such an awful fucking company?

Buick Avista Concept

The lacrosse is unironically one of my dream cars.

does buick sell a truck? i want a truck.

Apparently they do in China

No unfortunately... GM has Chevy and Cadillac for that.

Buick sold 4 million cars in China last year....

Get a Denali if you want a luxury gm truck

I know a lot of old money people that drive the Lansing, MI-made Enclave. It's unfortunate the company relies on chinks to produce their other crossovers

I heard GM is closing S. Korean factories to move production to US. I assume that Encore is the production they're referring to? It can't be cheap shipping 100s of thousands of those over to the US

Most likely. The Chevy trax, Chevy spark, and Buick encore are all built in Korea and imported into the US. With the great reception the encore and trax got, it makes much more sense to build them here.

i thought the spark was made by spics in mexico

Sparks have never been built in Mexico. The current gen is only built in Korea, (and all US vins start with a K indicating Korea as the country of origin) but previous gens have been built and sold elsewhere such as Colombia, India, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Poland, Romania, Iran, and Taiwan.

gotcha, thanks

I want one, and I want it to look exactly like that.

I know it's not really Buick but how are the new Insignias/Regal GS's looking?

reminder: nobody buys coupes anymore, they're basically obsolete with SUV and crossover dominance. and their margins are too low to justify

But they do make a car that I want to buy.

>Concept
thats just what it is

As much as people would like to shit on BMW, Tesla or Lincoln they all did something no other company would do, Actually release a consept car

I have to dislike it by default because they had the nerve to call it a fucking commodore in Australia which it could not be further from

That's because it's the cheapest Buick currently.

YES

All they got to do is to take the current Regal and make it blacked out and give it RWD. It already has a V6 turbo engine.
Boom, GNX reborn and it will sell by its name alone

>nobody buys coupes anymore

They need to make something like the Grand National again if they want anyone besides chinks in China, senior citizens and rentacar fleets to sit up and give a shit about Buick again

Yes GM is astonishingly lazy and rather than give Buick a design team they just take Opel models and rebadge them with the Buick grille

I wouldn't mind owning one of these bad boys.

They could but I wouldn't hold my breath that they will. I agree it would be about that simple to do.

Well the Insignias in Europe also come with the 4x4 pack, so if you Burgers get the 4x4 with the V6 Turbo and they make a 2 door than they can call it a GNX i think.

The first Insignia was available with a 325 HP V6 Turbo with 4WD that was called the OPC, it did 6 seconds from 0-100km/h and had a topspeed of over 270 km/h, so they could do the same think with the Regal in the states.

I wouldn't mind one of those, too bad it's much to expensive here.

Here is also a pic from one of the biggest German car magazines posting pics of how the upcomming OPC could or will look like.
Just imagine it being black.
Also someone please make a photoshop version of it as a 2 door GNX.

So you might kind of get the GNX name back, but it will probably be a limited thing like the original GNX.

If Buick had taken the Zeta platform, called it the Regal, put the V6 in the base, the LS3 in the Grand National, and dropped an LS6 or an LS9 in the GNX, they could have asked whatever price they wanted. Instead we got an Open Insignia.

Black doesn't always look nice on newer cars.
White, red etc makes the car and lines look bigger and that adds much to their identity.

Is there a single conglomerate that doesn't gimp their products?

nice Opel Insignia

This

Chevy had the GN killed off since its stats beat the Corvette, and Corvette is always supposed to be General Motors' de facto #1 best performance car. Chevy also bullied the Pontiac Fiero out of production for similar reasons

these look pretty nice

Criminally underrated post

Fpbp

There, I fixed buick

They make good cars to just drive to work and back. Horrid track cars though.

>build midship car using Chevette and Citation parts
>kicks Corvette's ass

How can a car present people?

the interior of a $40,000 2018 Cascada looks like it came from a 1999 rental car