/ovg/ - End of an Era Edition

Previous Thread: >>Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

third for boredom

Name a better game.

I still can't believe the soyota didn't choke.

Has there been a steward's review of the race yet?

I did a hot take back here

Still waiting on that fine money.

Yeah, okay, cool, I edited the physics but the game still feels crazy slow, like it's running at about 2fps

Daily reminder that Toyoda can't even win a rigged race ffs.

Grimy yet gorgeous, Dirt 4 sets a new standard in rally racing, absolutely stonking brilliant.

Yea, they really have improved over the years.

Do you guys still play Dirt Rally or 4? It has a discount on steam and i saw while ago there was a leaderboard for a stage.

there is a DR league
dirt 4 is kinda shit

just did a 2:05 on prague in B-class. someone please tell me thats good

lol

FRIG OFF, codeshitters.

i read that as grim yet gorgeous, and i'll give you that
the game's pretty, the playercount is dire

Open the leaderboards

I'm a casualfag with a PS4 who hasn't bought a racing game since PGR2. What should I get?

>gives me a random lot of cars of all classes
no

Does it also do that if you open the leaderboards from the track?
I remember that in FM5 if you were doing time trial or rivals in A class, leaderboards opened from the start game/setup window would only show A class lap times.

>when you turn traction control on

Syphilis

Haha I watch anime too! Maybe you should make webm about. I bet it will be so funny!

yes, though it might be dying now. join:

dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

do you know where you are?

turn traction control off

damn that one was really nice

Best F1 game for racing with AI? With lots of single player content. Can't do multiplayer shit coz of shitty internet.

17 years later and gp4 is still the best F1 game

F1 2017

Hi fellow anime fans!

>m.jpg
>western art
youre all sorts of shit

I know you're baiting but kill yourself.

Stop.

I know you cant take a joke but kill yourself

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself and I'll swear I will follow your footsteps

That's pretty gay.

That's something a homo would say

Nice try, faggot.

well then

F1 2017 custom championship with v10 cars

This game pisses me off so much but I keep playing it. Why?

So I picked up a copy of GT Sport the other day. It's a pretty good game, you guys have been lying to me.

GT Sport definitely.

PCars and Assetto Corsa are pretty difficult to drive with a ds4, or even with a wheel. They're more realistic but the difficulty level is so high I think most people give up pretty quick. Even when you get moderately good at those games I'd still say I rarely have fun playing them. GT Sport is fun though.

It's ok, we were all filthy casual with no common sense or taste at one point. You're just deciding to stay at it a bit more

They should make a European Train Simulator: Birkenau

I played AC and P Cars for 2 years. They're unrealistically difficult. GT Sport is unrealistically easy. GT Sport has fewer bugs, better graphics and is fun. It's an easy choice.

>GT Sport has fewer bugs, better graphics
Like I said, filthy casual with no common taste or sense.

It has more cars than others.

Because when it works well it's brilliant, easily the most fun racing game I have.

It's an okay game at best, and a terrible GT game. Every new feature they added is painfully half-assed and just worthless compared to the competition. Nothing stands out as particularly good, nothing is particularly bad. It's just a sad pile of mediocre.

DiRT 4 is easily the best racing game i have ever played, the handling is great, the graphics are great, the courses are great, it even has a great soundtrack. And there are a lot of cars to choose from. I really love the Dirtfish rallyschool, it really teaches you how to be the next collin mcrae. The stage generator is also amazing, you basicly have an infinite number of stages to play and they all look so great. Hope you guys will buy DiRT 4 too so we can start a DiRT 4 league.

>it really teaches you how to be the next collin mcrae
>open game
>in this short tutorial, you will learn how to drive way faster than you should and crash in exciting, spectacular ways

I have no hope of running Speedway '15 on my toaster, so how are the older ones?
Obviously I'm not going to spend any money on it, I just want to know if it's worth the time.

>not a single bad thing mentioned
I am not sure if you are are being ironic,shill, or just a baka

>i like this game, and here are things i like about it
>WHY WONT YOU POINT OUT BAD THINGS INSTEAD

I am not sure if you are are being ironic,shill, or just a baka

i had no idea a speedway game existed why did nobody tell me about this?!
im gonna go buy that shit right now, il report back aout weather or not my toaster runs it

cos everyones still playing dirt rally

>I remember that in FM5
>he doesnt know that t10 fucked the leaderboards beyond recognition
perhaps its better you dont

Yep, you gotta crash a lot to decrease tour total lap time by .532 seconds!

.5 seconds is a decent amount of time on most tracks.

Fast as FUCK
I've done a 2:09.5

RB14 gets announced today and someone in GTS already nailed the design, Jesus Christ that was quick

It's easy to spot a gran turisdrone because he's surprised by what the forza community has been doing for over a decade now

This
Also that car is pretty fucking slow compared to other GT3 cars in FM7 so it's doubtful anyone will bother with it
Though they did with the M6 so I dunno, maybe there's just a hunger for current GT cars

>nailed
>shiny paint

Can /ovg/ post a funny?

Co-driver is not phased

He has been with me through a lot, it's hard to phase him.

ARABIC TIME

Neat. How's it compare to Forza? Also what about F1? Seems like it'd be even harder than those other ones you mentioned

we need to do this shit again sometime it was fun af

come on mr rally autist do something like this soon pls

he's too busy slaying teenage pussy

ldumb 12 year old argie wants a british person to do things for him since he doesnt have the intelligence to do it himself

pottery

somone is butthurt

What's the best sim for oval racing atm?

ASRX and rF2
iracing if you want actual people to race against

its expensive yes and many people argue over its tire models but iracing as of right now has the best oval racing with its ladders from street stocks to the cup cars and others too

theres also nr2003 and rfactor 2 you could try looking for leagues in those sims i understand nr2003 is still active and full of simdads.

I totally disagree. They put a tremendous amount of detail into the cars. The lighting and visuals in general are better than any other racing game. Offline mode is more fleshed out than PCars, AC or I Racing. The livery editor is excellent. The scapes is pretty cool and no ofher game I know of has anything similar.
So what actually is your gripe about it? I listened to jerkoffs like you for a couple months and so avoided it but honestly it's a great game.

How do I, win the hearts of the people with my racing?

>Project AIDS 2 is the Super Tiny Weeny Soy Hut Jr's of Veeky Forumsto vidya """simulators"""

You mean Weenie Hut General you dumb jungle monkey.

Not him but most forzafags and retrofags have been digging this game because, for them at least, this game should have been more inclined towards quantity over quality than anything else, cars and tracks wise.

Idiots like those are the reason UFC 3 became a shitty copy paste of his predecessor.

I could be wrong though.

>The lighting and visuals in general are better than any other racing game
gt sport looks worse than fm6

down to a 2:04:9 now
yolo on suicidewatch

So when is this Whiplash tournament happening?

oh right,
>SJ Spork Juct SporkJuct James Adrian Krieger Austin Ognoski Shadow Government Cipher La Li Lu Le Lo PretendRaceCars The Patriots

after the f1 1930 series

also checked