pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
>Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

Other urls found in this thread:

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1378/75/1378755288872.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the fire rises

Unfallen are a peaceful species. Just accept the vines.

Should I become xenophile?

Pretty much no one around me is a threat and I've already found 2 broken megastructures a dyson sphere and a science array although kinda far from me.. but soon enough I'll have mega engineering and literally 0 problems and 0 reasons to expand other than tall.

no

I wouldn't go xenophile, you'll lose fanatic materialist and the research bonus it gives.

But, I wish those events happened more often though. Would make the game feel more alive once the initial surveying is done and anomalies/encounters stop happening.

Do you guys think they're worth repairing that far?

Should I just tear down my food buildings in Endless Space 2 once I'm maxed out on population in my current systems? Everyone is unhappy and populations keep leaving, only to be replaced the next turn. Is there something I'm doing wrong with food? I'm at war to expand my borders, but I currently don't have anywhere else to colonize right now.

no. How much does it cost to repair?

Build approval improvements and enact toys for boys. Food is also used for manpower.

30k minerals over 4 years for a fully functional dyson sphere.

Anyway It would save me 100 - 200 years of unlocking the actual ascension perk and the dyson sphere is kinda worth it for the energy.

>30k
jesus what a fucking waste. I wouldn't even bother without even if it was literally in my home system

>without
*with it

30k one time for 1200 energy every month forever, not a bad deal I would just recover the minerals in 5 years.

the reason people keep emigrating is because there's places to live where they'll be happier
invest in approval and people will stop leaving
also, your manpower income is completely based around your food income; if you have high food, you'll have decent manpower, which is imperative since you're waging wars right now

they produce 1200 energy now?

Fix it, never worry about energy again.

No I've moded the game to make it balanced because otherwise I would've been 2 times more time and produce only 40 energy lol.

well why the fuck are you asking if you should do something in a game you've modded and then not tell anyone you've modded it. Even so, it seems like a waste, yes you're up on energy production, big whoop, you're behind on literally everything else

Because literally if you look at statistics more than half of people who own stellaris use this megastructure balance mod.

So to you a ROI of 15 years is game endingly bad?

>game endingly bad?
no, just not worth it especially early game as your are in now.

cool, I'll just assume everyone uses the mod then.

>cool, I'll just assume everyone uses the mod then
I already do desu. Like he said a huge amount of people use it and it gets recommended virtually every thread when someone asks for mods. Sometimes multiple times per thread honestly.

A 2 energy or mineral station has a ROI of 7.5 years, are those worth building? Where's the cutoff?

if you have a question relating to something that you've modded, maybe just mentioned it's modded. Not everyone is going to use every mod, even if this particular mod if very popular is all

10 years.

Thanks nerds, I'll make sure to sink all the Ark ships for you.

Ark ship wrecks give a boost to the system it is in. Can't quite remember what the bonuses were, but I know Influence was one.

unless it was changed, ark ships give 100 flat influence on the system's FIDSI output
also, if you can, take as many arks by ground invasion as you can; you retain the vodyani pops if you win a manpower fight rather than a naval fight

I don't have it, didn't even know about its existece, it breaks saves or I can install it and use it in my current game?

name? there are like 4 pages of megastructures tweaks mods

Well It's "Improved Megastructures"
but I've literally looked trough the source of 4 pages of mods and tweaked my own which basically has Improved Megastructures tweaks for costs / time / output but now I can build simultaneously and unrestricted by colonisable planet or presence of another megastructure in system so it's possible to have a sentry array around a Dyson sphere all this surround by a ringworld which has a science nexus floating above it.

ROI is a flawed way to decide to build something.

You should use "what else can I spend these resources on".

Do you have planets you haven't yet but should colonise? Do you have 'core worlds' you haven't upgraded? do you have a fleet that needs to be replaced or enhanced? Do you want to fight a war and want the resources to fight it?

And part of that is "how much of a priority do these things have" and "can I still do enough of these things while investing in the megastructure".

neat, I got a 25 tile Gaia world out of a terraforming event

All of those can be simplified to "are there other things with better ROI I could be doing?"

The only question you need ask yourself in Stellaris is: Will this action lead to less xenos? If yes, godspeed.

Not playing Stellaris leads to the least xenos.

The best outcome. His logic is sound.

do you guys hate Stellaris, because everyone else loves it?

humor me

No
Stellaris is hated because it's made by a bunch of passive aggressive women and swedes, with damn near every feature being unfinished or poorly balanced, ironically for the purpose of balancing
and as a bonus, the sorely needed patches to make the game not a piece of shit are sold as DLC for as much as the game itself costed

>varying degrees of want.jpg

so lets say you have complete control over the development. How would you fix it?

>implement basic espionage
>ditto with a trade route system and ways to affect it
>make ship size classes matter more
>change ship battles so its not just a looney tunes dust cloud fight with feet and fists flailing around
?add some kind of intrigue system related to factions so there's more acvtive ways for you to affect your internal politics a la ck 2
> make ground combat a level more complex with chocies you can actually make or say fuck

that is just without thinking half sober middle of the night

I should play a whole bunch of spess 4X games for a while, write down what I think in a somewhat critical manner and pastebin it all afterwards for quick perusal.

Distant Worlds then?

Unfuck the combat system, primarily. Make defense stations worth shit, and rebalance ALL of the components.
I remember when I first cracked it open and rushed the first beam weapon research, I was incredibly confused and even pissed off when I saw the fucking characteristic on the level 2 beam turret.
Relative to the original turret and fitting in the same slot, it had:
1.3 times the damage
2 times the power requirement
4 times the cost

That is utter and complete bullshit, and it's no wonder why just spamming the base corvette is so effective.
The combat also needs actual control, not just letting the fleet autoengage everything in its fucking solar system.

Hitting Wiz with a steel bat until he stops being Swedish.

Expand and take out the green fag. Exploit that area afterwards in case those faction battle each other. Ally yourself with the red faggot.

sounds more like eu to me

I like it but paradox are a bunch of faggots

The red faggot is a xenophobe militarist empire that is not upset with me at all for some reason even tho I've planted stations around his ass also by now I've compeltely isolated two empires that hate me around - I can just wait until I have more military tech then wipe them in one war as they're resources and expansion locked, once then If I integrate them I'm literally fixed territory wise for until close to late game.

Thing is some autistic empire from the other corner of the galaxy declared war on me ... and he can't reach me because everyone locked border to him.

Do you guys talk about this series?

Ment for you not for myself...

So why did Wiz change the pre-made human factions into Wasteful Slobs? Did he have a Sweden moment?

Trump's election victory, wasn't it?

So a Sweden moment.

Wonderful.

Never forget.

Copy all the good shit from Distant Worlds while keeping the good ideas from Stellaris

Rebirth is garbage

So Finisher bonus for domination tree does this:

Mod country all tech research speed.png +30% Research speed for technology sharing with subjects (towards unknown tech already researched by another)

Does this mean that I should vassalize a fallen empire asap ?

>get some mod for Stellaris that allows you to build ancient buildings
>get it running
>notice in game that all my T3 science labs just get auto demolished
>remove it since I haven't had that issue a week ago and I've added no other mod since
>now it's happening in every game
>no matter what mods I use
What the fuck

Holy shit I'm so hyped about 1.8

pretty much yes

What the fuck was that about?

Also repeatable techs don't change, so if your vassal has level 1 of a repeatable tech you still get the bonus if you're on level 101.

And so, we begin.

post updates as you go

Every 50 turns, unless shit happens.
Or is that too much?

Just realised you're playing on Prince...why even?

how can you tell?

The militarist voice for synthetic dawn

>shitty female voice actor was shitty
>people made it known
>wiz sperged out claiming REEE MISOGYNY SEXIST FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY etcc

Ah, I thought so. I didn't even watch any of the trailers or streams yet. Does it look as shit as the rest of Stellaris?

every dlc makes it a little bit better, but yes still shitty overall

I played Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude quite a bit, but I regret all of it.

It's got decent core mechanics, but the sandbox part is sorely lacking and there's really nothing you can change or affect in the universe since all sectors spawn new faction units endlessly. Even the fucking main war in AP is just restricted to specific marked war sectors where both sides technically take sectors, but endlessly spawn units so there's no point in participating. All the regular missions you're offered are random generated shit that make new enemies or supposed "demand" pop out of nowhere rather than being generated out of actual universe events. Stock market in Albion Prelude is also outright broken. Once you get some of the highest tier M2 ships you'll start to lose interest since even if you fit it with best weapons there's really nothing to use it on rather than going on a random meaningless rampage since nothing you do affects the universe in any way, only lowers your reputation. Carriers and fleet management are retarded useless money sink, not to mention micro heavy due to having to outfit everything yourself. Factory chain empire management only exists to supply you with more ammo or ship parts or to make more money which you won't really need for anything after the M2, or especially M2+ breaking point.

It's really like Mount & Blade in space, but without any proper endgoals or changing world other than the linear main quest which often fucking LEVEL SCALES encounters anyways. Though I hear some revamp mods might fix this shit, but I don't really have the energy to go through the early game crap from the beginning.

Maybe I'm not as good as you.

[ends eternally]

What victory type are you planning on?

Thank god the ottomans decided to fuck with Assyria, now Suleiman is getting fucked instead of me.

Science

DUDE

D U S T

Cult of the [internal end].

Never mind, fucking warmongers

WE ONCE HAD A HOMEWORLD

But we were poor caretakers

But our world changed and we were faced with a stark choice

Does anyone else find that The Cravers are really lacking in unique mechanics?

>change ship battles so its not just a looney tunes dust cloud fight with feet and fists flailing around

Expand on this, because either this has to be a progressive overhaul over several patches and years or you might just as well be asking for a completely new game.

>Not liking constant war and planets that get shittier faster than you can get new ones

lmao gay
Definitely the weakest faction imo.

Holland got deleted, Russia lost it's capital, and Egypt is strong.

I just wanted to make a comfy kingdom and read my research books in peace.

Cravers just play a lot like a warmongering UE.

why is everyone beating you

>Cravers
>weakest
They can easily crush anyone in early game and steal all wonders due to massive FIDSI bonuses and higher CP cap, their colonies can't rebel no matter the approval level and even when planets deplete slavery bonus keeps them operational, not to mention all planets have higher pop cap, plus the Craver population collection bonus actually benefits from depleted planets, making each depleted planet increase ship and troop damage. Religious option at the start of their quest that gives a free ship also makes them the fastest expanding major faction since they can nuke minor faction systems in one turn with it.

I think they're by far the strongest faction.

No? UE is insanely good towards making everyone else submissive to your empire with your fuckhueg influence expanding your borders faster than a ship can travel.

I'm not good, and prince is hard in this mod.

>mod
you mean vox populi? Yeah it takes some getting used to. First game of it?

r8 the empire I made for an All Tomorrows-inspired genetic manipulation playthrough
>the most body horror portrait I could find
>perfect for modifying enslaved races (can't wait for nerve stapling)
>will be going for biological ascension
>might change to wormhole travel now that I think about it
>inspired by the shit in the link below:
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1378/75/1378755288872.pdf