Changed my headlight bulbs today

>changed my headlight bulbs today
>going to change my air filter tomorrow

Who here /wrenchin/?

gonna fill my tires up with air at the gas station later xD #wrenchlyfe

oh man i changed my wiperblades but i fucked up and got the wrong sized ones and one of them is a bit big. im gonna get a smaller one and shove the oversized wiper blade on the back window.

Close call, that mistake could have ended up costing me thousands of dollars.

changing the blinker fluid and instaling an air freshener.
maybe change the hub caps later on.

But neither of those things require a wrench user

This is a troll thread. But, in the interest of fairness, you do typically need a wrench or screwdriver to remove the headlights if you're not a fucking contortionist.

cato canz fix or sabotage your shitmobile

>Got rid of previous owner's ugly body kit
>Got rid of the shit turbo
>Installed a straight pipe exhaust
>Installed ITBs

I don't know why you're putting down people that perform simple maintenance on their vehicles...
Keep in mind that 95% of the population take their cars to dealers for oil changes.

Replaced 2 pulleys on my distributor belt system last saturday.
Also finally did a new antenna for my radio since the stock one was deleted, ran a USB/AUX cable as well and built it into my glovebox.

Just changed my seat cover, who else /engineer/ here?

>something under hood makes whine sound
>turn up the radio
who else here mr fixit pro

>cleaned out junk from car
>#bloodyknuckles

>replace brake pads
>here a clicking noise now
HUH

fixed windscreen wipers with super glue

>Veeky Forums goys plz tell me how to remove super glue from my new spray can paintjob

If this isn't b8 the new pads are following the grooves in the rotor that were created by the old pads. You can fix this by having the rotors resurfaced or by getting new rotors.

tfw windshield wipers are held together by electrical tape

>went to the 5 minute car wash to detail my car

Ready for the cellphone photo shoot!

>let vato change brakes
>brakes squeal and grind when stopping

I can remove wheels by my hands.

I'm being ironic spergo.

Depends, some cars have bolts holding the air filter shut, and some retarded cars you have to remove the inner fender liner or even remove the bumper cover to get at the headlight bulbs.

This one is both.

Just changed my muffler bearing

>1997 Toyota Celica ST
>replacing every single suspension bushing
>new tie rod ends
>all new brakepads and rotors
>converting rear brakes from drums to disc with parts from a Celica GT
>thinking of rebuilding the 7A-FE and the transmission
>might even order a 4A-GE 20v head to make a 7A-GE 20v with forged rods and pistons to turbo the car

She's going to glide and be pretty quick when I get done.

Sanic?

In my mum's Spark headlight work is pretty easy. They're just a bit finicky to put again, like most cars.

>considered using a screwdriver to pry out the dead bug between two pieces of the dashboard

Basically my own mechanic now.

That's a 2012 malibu

I mopped the oil stain under the car. Weird.

On some cars you have to drop the entire front to get to headlights. Thank you, modern engineering.

Put in a new air freshener and changed my cd out today. Got quoted thousands on it and it only ended up costing me a few dollars, the guy at the gas station seemed really impressed too when I told him.

I'm a real thrifty mechanic now.

I changed out my gas today. Been doing it pretty much my entire life.

in the next few weeks i need to change my brakes, replace the rear shocks, and replace my blower motor resistor. i don't mind working on my own car at all, but i will never change my own oil again.

my engine water is running low. how often do you guys water your engines?

Just leave the hood open while it rains, works for me.

Changed the oil pan gasket on the blazer. Thank you based bottle jacks.

Wow all these wrenchers... so mechanic, much cars. Wow.

Nevermind me. I'm just doing a full rebuild on a A604 Chrysler transaxle AWD system and steering rack replacement.

Are you sure that's safe?
Maybe you should it take it back to the dealership.

shut the fuck up nobody cares

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/

>Are you sure that's safe?
It's a Chrylser
Of course it's not safe.

>full rebuild on a A604 Chrysler transaxle AWD system and steering rack replacement.

Can somebody translate this for me?

Epic troll my dude

Do it when your dad is not around buster.

Here it is, proof that you can be a complete retard and still work on cars

>Chrysler

I need to change my headlights also

But I need to pull back the wheelwell liner to get at the bulbs and it's all fucking frozen up in ice and snow so I need to go wash the car first to get the blob of ice out

I wired the car into the wall socket to get the gunk out of the electric lines. Will check on it tomorrow.

>le "I don't give (You)" cancer meme

please go back to red.dit

>took the Mcdonalds bags out of my car

Who else /detailer/?

Just did a legit washer fluid swap
took me all day, but I'm pretty proud that I did it all on my own.

I usually prop the hood open, take the air filter box out, and put a funnel in the air filter box tube. Drives better than the day it rolled off the assembly line.

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

Going to pick up some sheet steel to replace some plastic shit for my undercarriage

>quads of truth
This man wrenches.

Hi. Hello I just bought this E30
This is what my post-purchase inspection came back with
How easy is this all to DIY without any experience? Which task is easiest? Hardest? Are the part cost quotes accurate? Oh and what tools will I need besides the ones that come in that trunk compartment?

Air filter, oil, sparks are easy, brakes and struts are generally more involved but still not hard as long you got the tools and some patience.

Job #2 is harder though, but you could do it yourself after doing everything else and your mechanic stats are leveled up.

Does idling put wear on your t-belt? I like sitting in the car and listening to it but I'm scared to drive because the job hasn't been done yet

i opened my hood, looked at the engine, touched a few things at random, made a few "hmm" noises, then started the car and closed the hood.
I do this every few days and my neighbour thinks im an expert mechanic

Are you misfiring or throwing codes? You're fine to drive it, just don't hoon