Anyone have experience with these...

Anyone have experience with these? I'm looking into getting the AWD version and making it a part time camper as well as commute with it. What kind of miles are acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRkNiOwL2so
twitter.com/AnonBabble

heard one guy got 300k out of it before it conked out
you can probably get them for pretty cheap
good choice for a camper, I'm planning to use a Voyager I'm buying for that as well
not very safe in an accident though

Hmm didn't consider crash safety

Fun fact: the guy who ran the test company that did this test actually had a Previa as a personal car. The day after this test he got rid of it immediately.

I know a guy who drives them exclusively. The other year he got a rust-free perfect match from Florida, which is several hundred miles away.

I'm not sure what exactly he likes so much about them, but he has the money to feed the habit and I guess it tickles his autism just right. He's old enough that his penis doesn't work the same way it used to, so you kind of have to do something else at that point I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRkNiOwL2so

3:04

i've loved Previas my entire life but holy shit that is troubling

Ahh reminds me of my childhood. my dad had a '96 previa and that thing was unreliable as hell tho. but my fondest memories were eating mcdonald happy meals in the back seat of that thing

I have this sick dream of finding a manual all-trac and merging it with a supercharger and dual moon roof model

Had one, pain in the ass to work on the engine cause it sits so far back, but goddamn is it reliable

This. I have a 91 and going 291xxx.

the duality of man

A minivan was my high school chariot of choice (there was no choice). They're pretty good and so very comfortable and spacious, thanks to the steering column shifter and lack of anything in the center between the driver and passenger seat.

>What kind of miles are acceptable?
As others have said, you can expect 250-300k out of just about any Previa. If you find one you like with 200k or less, go for it.

I have one with a 1uz swapped in

Good meme mobile, no idea how they are stock

>fondest memories were eating mcdonald happy meals in the back seat of a minivan
And here we have the typical burger.

When I was a young'n my grandpartents would take us out to the McDonalds after church as a special treat because eating out is for richfags. Happy meals were /comfy/ as fuck and they gave you crayons so you could draw and play the games and solve the puzzles on the paper liner on the food tray while waiting to be served.

bump cus I saw 3 Previas today one was very nice too.

My boy calls his Previa the "Pussy Wagon". It's a POS but as far as first cars go one can't complain

>tfw I gave my van the nickname "the retard bus"
it's a very valiant car though, it's never faltered

These were infamous for horrible front end collisions. If you're getting it for the aesthetic, you could always just go for an old Silhouette.

that car looked like a spaceship to me as a kid, and it still does look like one to me now
>my dream car collection would include a bunch of 90s MPVs
what is wrong with me

Nothing. You just have an unpopular taste in car design. Welcome to the club.

You would go on a Cambodian yoga forum just to tell lies? How empty is your day?

I like shitty cars like these. I don't tell anyone because they'd think I'm retarded, but there's something about weird 80s and 90s cars that interests me much more than something like a Ferrari.

Don't feel weird. They'll be 'rare collectables' in less than twenty years. Just look at AMC cars.

I always call my friend's 00 sienna "the tard cart" so same premise

this.

>tfw looking everywhere for an Eagle and no luck what so ever

Here's the honest truth, you go to any car show or meet up and everybody will be ignoring the exotic sports cars and classic muscle cars and they crowd around the absolutely cherry Nash Metropolitan.
Weird cars are likeable cars, they replace ego and machismo with humor and character. They're relatable.
I WILL own a four speed Pacer before I die.

I'm headed to Alaska in April and I've got a lead on an 81 sx4.

I've always called Previas the Godzilla Suppository.

>I know a guy who drives them exclusively.
Gotta love enthusiasts for cars that aren't usually fawned over.
God bless those eccentrics.

I was once approached by a Lumina sedan enthusiast when he saw my 99 in the parking lot of AutoZone. It was an interesting conversation, I liked my Lumina but this guy LOVED his.

How have I not heard of this vehicle before? It looks absolutely fantastic.

The U Bodies (or dust buster vans) were never quite as popular as their bigger brothers the Astro and the Safari.